Coil insertion pain (one for the ladies)

CC1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all so today had a coil change, painful as ever and have felt wobbly all afternoon. Will this be due to my sugars reacting to the pain! Had to lay down for half an hour in the clinic after as I went a bit faint. New to all this.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Have your sugars been different to expected values?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a very painful coil insertion (and removal) many years ago. I felt wobbly and faint like you but I wasn't diabetic or even prediabetic back then.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Slightly different circumstances but a partly retained placenta (unknown) that fortunately passed naturally without infections had been causing me some very odd symptoms whilst in situ in the cervix. I spent 2 days being kept in as they had no idea what was causing my light headedness, dizziness, faint feeling, nausea and high blood pressure. As soon as it moved they realised what the cause was and said the cervix nerves can cause such issues. Coil change I would imagine messes with the nerves sometimes.

mouseee

After painless removal of first coil when time to change I went back for the new one. Never ever had so much pain. We gave up, I went back again. More pain, gave up. Nearly fainted with pain. More than kidney stones and even child birth! Wasn't diabetic then and felt awful all afternoon.

CC1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everyone I guess cos it was so painful, and I'm not exaggerating it was ****** horrible that maybe made me feel wobbly and nothing to do with diabetes. Thanks all for your replies. Who'd be a femail eh x

Edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator: