What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sort of know what you mean I started off with a 6.2 then after breakfast was 4.6 then after a lunch with a whole 9 grams of carbs in it went to 7.0 recent days I've gone to highs of 10 or 11 then down to low fives and fours a hour or so later carbs eaten don't seem to be relating to levels read.

Diabetes is nuts.

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yup, nuts. Kept busy all day. Hard labour in garden and scrubbing patios. The old fashioned way with buckets of water, and deck brush. Drinking plenty of water and black coffee. Carb intake minimal, less than 30g all day. Have had readings of 7s and 8s. I am hoping it is due to the exercise, as I really have worked hard for several hours, outdoors. Maybe liver has been feeding glucose into my bloodstream, trying to keep up.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me today 8.0. I have given up trying to understand reasons. Just going along with it. Not due HbA1c until December, so keeping accurate records myself to try to see any patterns.

Angengray

6.8 this is good for me as its normally 7 /8/9 even. If I dont eat before bed it's high in the morning. New to T2 only just scratching the surface although my last hba1c was 5.6 with meds and I've lost nearly 2 stone in 5 months :)
Crazy disease

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1570176164330.jpg

Reactions: Ryhia

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me today 8.0. I have given up trying to understand reasons. Just going along with it. Not due HbA1c until December, so keeping accurate records myself to try to see any patterns.
I think that's the best way to go there are so many reasons that appear to affect Bg levels and its very frustrating trying to find them .