Glucomen LX2 being discontinued

Icebat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just got an email from the manufacturers to say that my glucose meter - the LX2 - and its test strips are being discontinued. Which is a shame, I like it, but they're sending me an Aero 2k and I imagine that will be fine. But does that mean I need to book a GP appointment to change my strips prescription? Are they likely to be fine with it?

I'm a bit worried that they'll try to change me to the GlucoRX, since I do have one (the GPs gave it to me when I was diagnosed, then the clinic nurse at the hospital where I was sent gave me the LX and said to use that instead for some reason) and I think the strips are cheaper. But I kind of hate it - it's really big and needs a tonne of blood compared to the LX.

I always worry about this sort of thing. Managing the blood sugar has gone great so far (I was diagnosed 18 months ago), but the more administrative side of it is still a bit confusing!

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ask your dsn or hospital doc to write to your surgery usually they don't go against the hospital desisions also if they won't my advice would be to change to a more co-operative GP surgery
I had similar issueswith my new Bayer meter after many arguments with the doctor I changed surgeries and now I just take the info provided in the meter box stating what new items need to go on the repeat to reception and they pass the info to the GP

Hope this helps

richdudley

Does anybody know exactly when the Glucomen LX2 is being discontinued? I also received the same email but I am concerned that it may take a while to arrange an appointment and get everything confirmed regarding a change on my prescription.