Does your sex drive go when you have diabetes?

babeblue

my sex drive is gone here just can't be bothered about it here .... my boyfriend does not know what to say and i don't no what to tell him here ..... i just don't feel up to it and i don't want to hurt him by telling him that i don't feel up to it, i just fall to sleep before him, that way he does not know what's going on here. i feel like if i tell him what do i say to him about it ......... can some one help me on this plz ...

Pneu

Re: dos ur sex drive go when u have diabitsas

Diabetes in general doesn't decrease your sex drive... however it can cause a number of things that can...

Firstly poor blood sugar control can make you feel tired and lethargic which is not going to get you in the mood... Secondly fluctuating blood sugars can again cause changes in mood which can also effect how you feel.. Also diabetes is stressful and stress can cause a decrease in sex drive.. Finally long term poorly controlled diabetes can cause damage to small blood vessels and lead to impotency in men (not sure about women) so that can have an effect on us gents..

So in answer to your question and given your previous posts I would guess you are going through a stressful and emotional time at the moment that's probably not 'getting you in the mood' I am sure once things calm down you will regain your sex drive.. If your worried about your boyfriend then I suggest you talk to him and explain how you feel.. any boyfriend worth his salt is going to want to try and help get you sorted with your diabetes and emotionally rather than belittle you for not enough bedroom action.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Diabetes in general doesn't decrease your sex drive..

I beg to differ
Sexual dysfunction is more common in people with diabetes because poorly controlled diabetes can damage the blood vessels and nervous system. In women, this can restrict blood flow to the vagina, causing dryness and interfering with arousal, and in men can restrict blood flow to the penis, causing erection problems.

In men and women, nerve damage can result in loss of sensation. Other problems associated with diabetes such as heart disease and depression can increase the chances of sexual dysfunction in people with diabetes. Medication taken for these or other conditions can also contribute.
See
http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to...nd-diabetes/?gclid=CJLq6N6P5aoCFUkf4QodqlPv7Q

Men and Women if the item in question does not work temporary or permanently
I know from bitter experience your sex drive will go

Mine is a permanent injury from spinal damage

With good BG control things are more than likely come back
Before i was diagnosed with DB all I wanted to do was sleep ,plus undercarriage was playing up
When my BG came down to good levels ,everything fired up started to work again

Go and see your GP for help It may not be diabetic at all

Tell your partner you have a problem ,,A problem shared is a problem halved

Bob

babeblue

thx Bob i have a look at them things here mite just me i am tried here the last 3 days just want to sleep here most off the time and i will see my gp this week here and see what she says to me here she mite help me with this thx agan Bob

babeblue

thx Pneu i will have a chat to my boyfrined here this even and see what we can do here thx for the help i just geting use to all this all new to me i just have diabetes 10 weeks here so all this is very new to me here and all the help i can get to do what i need is very good here thx agan i let u no now i get on here Pneu

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
When I was first diagnosed, the American President of the company that I work for, a diabetic who has had one of his legs amputated below the knee, told me: "That's it, you've got five years until your penis stops workng".

I'm get married on Sunday :cry:

babeblue

hi borofergie u be fine if u look after ur sleft u be fine there i do my best here for looking after my sleft i just 10 weeks just going ture a carp time u be fine if it dos happen go to the doc not that hard to do that just talk ur time and look it up on line there a link there on this u sould go and see it thx agan borofergie good luck with geting married on sunday

wsmum

Just to add that lots of things can send your libido through the floor ... depression and stress def in my experience. Was very low after my son was diagnosed with T1 as he already has lymphoedema in his legs and I felt so bad about it. Also after my dad died. Both things meant I just wasn't interested :-( But glad to say feeling happier altogether now, and things have picked up in that department. So maybe worth looking at other reasons too ... @ borofergie Have a wonderful day on sunday and prove that boss of yours wrong!

wsmum

I don't have diabetes myself, but I felt blue for a few months after my son was diagnosed. I'd be surprised if there were physical reasons for your low sex drive if you were only diagnosed 10 weeks ago, but you could talk to your GP about that to make sure - and as others have said, if your sugars are a bit high that will make you feel very tired and lacking in energy. But it would not at all surprising if you were feeling a bit low and stressed about your diagnosis. I would definitely go easy on yourself and talk to your boyfriend. I'm sure he'll understand and if you feel under less pressure you'll probably start feeling better about it. Good luck.

hallii

As a mere male,I have a suggestion. Get your other half to take you on a nice weekend (longer if possible) break, nice hotel, hot tub, jacuzi, maybe a shopping trip thrown in for good measure.

Book a full massage, facial, and nails job.

Then go to bed early ( about 3.00 pm). Insist on one hours foreplay of your choice.

It always works for me, I am so happy my wife understands me :)

H

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
hallii said:
Then go to bed early ( about 3.00 pm). Insist on one hours foreplay of your choice.

Wow! Can the hour of foreplay include looking though your graphs of BG scores and trying to predict your HbA1C?

babeblue

hi wsmum yes i go to my gp and see what her says to me here thx for the help really good that i come here and say things and thx agan

babeblue

yes that sonds good i try that here and see what happens thx for the help and i love weekend away just the 2 off us i have 4 kids here so it would be so nice thx for the help hallii and i will tell u how i get on here

babeblue

i like to say thix to every one thats gave me help here i had a good weekend here and i dont fell as bad as i did so a big thx u to everyone xxxxx

mrawfell

You say you have had diabetes 10 weeks, slight correction you have known you have diabetes 10 weeks. It's not something that happens overnight. However my point is that if you have known you have diabetes for only 10 weeks, then you may well be still in the trial and error stage of control and so your blood sugar may be varying too much. As has been said this can screw you up. You must discuss this with your boy friend, he could start to think you have gone off him. Try not to worry about it, if you do, it will increase your stress, which is a no no, hence you must talk.