Type 1 Lumps in joints

RHNtype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Days when my blood sugars do not work for me, HOWEVER these are now rare days as I have a pump after 33+ years of diabetes.
Asking if anyone recognises my symptoms....diabetes team refer to rheumatology who then refer me back for last 2 years.
I have lumps and stiffness in my joints which is getting much worse, it is mostly in my hands, particularly my fingers. 2nd frozen shoulder improved by arthrogram and physio but now deteriorating again.
I was diagnosed (type 1)38+ years ago, now nearly 50, exercise regularly, good control. Thanks. R

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi RHN, we can’t diagnose here on the forum. However I have oesteoarthritis in my fingers amongst other joints and I have lumps and stiffness. As you are type 1 which as you know is autoimmune I guess you need to be checked for rheumatoid arthritis which is another autoimmune problem. I would push for a referral back to rheumatology if I were you.

Reactions: RHNtype1

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd tend to agree with @Rachox , @RHNtype1 , although I'd l ike to have thought the Rheuma chaps would have looked into that when you were referred.

Your GP can order up a rheumatoid factor test, if that would ease your mind. My GP checked mine, due to family history.

Reactions: RHNtype1

RHNtype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Days when my blood sugars do not work for me, HOWEVER these are now rare days as I have a pump after 33+ years of diabetes.
Thanks both, I have been checked with blood tests, MRI, X-ray and so on but maybe not that recently, during last round of appointments I suppose.
Seeing GP on Tuesday, Take care folks. Thanks again R