Scared

Jase_

Newbie here :) I'd just like some reassurance really. I'm type 2 and over the past couple of weeks I've been experiencing constant tingling in my legs, mainly my right one. It seems to calm down when I'm up and walking but as soon as I sit or lay it starts up again and I'm terrified. I have extreme health anxiety and I had a phone appointment with my gp who said its NOT a symptom of diabetes! So I'm worried I have something awful like MS. My blood sugars are not the best at the minute so that's why I thought the tingling could be diabetes related. I'm just so worried and I haven't slept for 48 hours because I cant stop stressing :(

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Jase and welcome to the forum.
Are you on any medication?
It might not be a symptom of diabetes, but it might be a reaction to its treatment.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Jase_

Thanks for the replies! I was first diagnosed in 2016. Im on metformin 500mg twice daily. Haven't had my bloods done for a while now because I get too anxious to go to the docs. I'm just confused because I thought diabetes could cause tingling.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the replies! I was first diagnosed in 2016. Im on metformin 500mg twice daily. Haven't had my bloods done for a while now because I get too anxious to go to the docs. I'm just confused because I thought diabetes could cause tingling.
It can but so can other things, so please try to book another appointment

Last edited:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As others have said it could be the diabetes but might be something else

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its gonna be something awful isn't it? I'm a wreck right now.
It may not be but you won’t know unless you seek advice, please steal yourself to get booked up

angustia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It's okay to be scared, Jase. It's a normal reaction.
But don't let it "freeze" you from taking proper action, and that includes having your blood test done. Keep a stiff upper lip.

I'm hugging you.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Could be something as simple as a pinched nerve. These can sometimes even right themselves so see your GP because you may be worrying unduly.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
We always fear the worst, but can be positively surprised. Good luck!

Reactions: angustia

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree that you should go and see your GP- stress is definitely not good for your bs levels so stressing will not help the problem. It could be something really minor like a pinched nerve so the sore you see the GP the better.

Good luck and let us k now how it goes.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi again. Probably worth saying that when I was diagnosed 15 years ago I had tingling in my arms and legs but this disappeared once diagnosed and started diabetes tablets. Since then I've had no tingling at all. I'll never know whether it was the diabetes or something else but shows that your tingling may be nothing to worry about but do see the GP for the right T2 treatment

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Tingling in a single leg can be a (mild) symptom of Sciatica. I got the painful symptoms, but my sister-in-law just got the tingling/electrified feeling. Fortunately mine is now gone, but hers is still present.

Having said that, if the feeling is in both legs then it doesn't sound like sciatica - since you would need 2 trapped nerves ( not just 1) in order to get that symptom.

M

Member496333

Is your doctor Gregory House? Definitive diagnosis over the telephone is impressive stuff :rolleyes:

Besides all that...firstly welcome to the funhouse. You are among kindred spirits here. The only advice I would offer is try not to get too anxious about it just now. As others have said, it may not be a diabetes complication at all. I will also add that even if it is, many people - including myself - have completely reversed diabetic neuropathy through a ketogenic diet. Even if it does turn out to be diabetes related, which it may not, all is not necessarily lost.

You are in the right place to get the best support and advice available from a massive community of very experienced members. Collectively we've seen and done it all :cool: