What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
6.7 fasting

5.7 two hours post-breakfast

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done Daisy!

5.8 at 08:15 today.

So much for limiting the fruit - I found 'doughnut' peaches at the greengrocers yesterday, also some perfect cherries - and the greengages are still there! Oh well :roll: - just call me 'weak'willed'. :lol:

Edit: also very well done Didie, with your post-breakfast reading. I think maybe you're still getting a bit of 'dawn phenomenon' with your fasting reading. It took about 5 months for mine to stop.

Viv 8)

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
it was 4.5. Raining heavily so I snuggled back under doona and had a cup of tea and an Optifast shake for breakfast. Vanilla.

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
6.3 fasting

viviennem - thanks for your encouraging words. I exercise 45 minutes after breakfast and this seems to bring my post-breakfast levels down. I also do the same after lunch and tea. I've also lost over a stone since my stroke in June so that is probably helping. I'm working really hard with diet and exercise as I really want to avoid another stroke.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
This morning's readings:

5.0 fasting (at last - maybe due to exercise?)
6.4 @ 2 hours

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I was 5.8 at 08:15 this morning.

I did about 4 hours gardening yesterday, so I'm a bit stiff this am. It was nice to be able to do it - it's nearly 2 months since I've able to do anything but mow the lawns - and even that with lots of sitting down between stripes! :lol:

Viv 8)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
5.9 this morning at 4.50 am :shock:
Forgot 2 hour reading. Above is reason why :?

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
6.0 at 07:30 today!

B****r! It must be the doughnut peaches! :lol: Or I ate too much dee-licious beef stew!

Next HbA1c in one month. Back on the strict diet with a vengeance :lol:

Viv 8)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Here we are!

5.5 fasting
6.1 @ 2 hours after exercise

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Up at 07:00 this morning, but forgot to test until one hour later, after a mug of coffee! So . . .

5.9 at 08:00

Viv 8)

didie

Dislikes
6.8 fasting

2 hours post-breakfast 5.1

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Mine was 3.7 and I guess that was because I broke my alcohol ban last night and had two glasses of white wine.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi everybody :) Here are my levels for today:

6.4 fasting
5.7 @ 2 hours after breakfast of joghurt with seeds, and exercise

didie

Dislikes
6.3 fasting

7.5 2-hours post breakfast despite exercise.

*wonders why*