Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Sorry in our house the fire doesn't get lit until Octo.....oh! Ha! I've resisted lighting the fire it's not quite cold enough but looking forward to it!

@Kim Possible - I have no idea what you're going on about...........
Ah yes, we used to wait until the end of October before we lit the fire. BUT, big but, himindoors got so carried away with insulating the house, and so loves leaving doors and windows open, that it holds in the day’s heat or cold far too well. He just doesn’t feel the cold like I do, benefit of being born and brought up in the chills bordering the Murray Firth.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, having a study day today and practicing patient assessment skills on the Husbeast. I’ve got a digital blood pressure machine, but we need to be able to use an old fashioned manual sphygmomanometer, so a certain next day shopping site named after a South American river is delivering one today. Just need my own ECG machine now :D

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps, having a study day today and practicing patient assessment skills on the Husbeast. I’ve got a digital blood pressure machine, but we need to be able to use an old fashioned manual sphygmomanometer, so a certain next day shopping site named after a South American river is delivering one today. Just need my own ECG machine now :D

Does Orinoco.com do ECG machines as well then?? :smug:

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woah Fairygodmother!! Is that the MORAY Firth. That’s where I’m from originally!
Ah yes, we used to wait until the end of October before we lit the fire. BUT, big but, himindoors got so carried away with insulating the house, and so loves leaving doors and windows open, that it holds in the day’s heat or cold far too well. He just doesn’t feel the cold like I do, benefit of being born and brought up in the chills bordering the Murray Firth.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Isn't that just the most recent Apple watch?

Well, it's what they tell us on the advertising................
I can’t afford one of those either! :arghh: I’ve got an older one that apparently detects AF, though.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Woah Fairygodmother!! Is that the MORAY Firth. That’s where I’m from originally!
Oh yes, it is. My spelling’s not as good as @looper Cat’s today. I even got the wrong country . Did you learn sword dancing too, like himindoors? He was banned when he took off his hat (bonnet?), laid it on a tree trunk, and chopped it with the sword.
Do you miss the Moray?

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, I did highland dancing as a kid but after accidentally getting locked into the toilets in the building after class I refused to go any more.
My mum still lives on the shores of the firth and I bought a cottage up there about 18 months ago....we are half way through renovating it but that’s all on hold at the moment so I can get my health sorted out.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Back from the Dr. again with my wrist (improving but still almost useless) and my thumb (still very sore and swollen), and will get an ultrasound in a week.
So now I'm kind of hoping it still hurts a week from now, as I'd love to know what's going on.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 I hope you have not run out of take away.
Currently on my last batch of mystery food from my freezer. Not sure if it's pasta sauce or chili con carne but it tasted quite nice with lots of grated cheese. Today I'll add a generous dollop of creme fraiche as well :hungry: Yes, friendly neighbour grated the cheese for me :)
It's enough to last me for today and tomorrow, so 2 more days to come up with a new plan!

Reactions: ChrissiStar

ChrissiStar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What a day!

Saw my GP this morning and have been signed off with depression and anxiety for two weeks and left armed with anti-depressants. Everything came to a head yesterday when I had the scariest anxiety attack of my life, woke up with my heart trying to come through my chest and sweat pouring off me and no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t calm myself down.

I then had my ABPI/Doppler this afternoon and my left leg is normal, but my right leg is showing ‘mild’. Anyway, the nurse told me not to worry about it and if the doctor needs to speak to me about it she’ll be in touch, but if I am worried about it I can just make an appointment to discuss it with her. She did say it’s mild and will likely just need monitoring, but got the usual advice of watch my bloods, watch my weight, get more active and make healthy food choices.

I just feel like everything is one step forward and three back right now! Could cry as I love walking (when I go to NYC I easily manage 10+ miles a day) and right now I sometimes can’t make it round the supermarket without getting a dead foot.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hope all's well for those who haven't been having a good time recently. I'm trying to recycle and thought that I really should be able to do something for that December do with these little things
Any ideas?
IMG_3744.JPG

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What a day!

Saw my GP this morning and have been signed off with depression and anxiety for two weeks and left armed with anti-depressants. Everything came to a head yesterday when I had the scariest anxiety attack of my life, woke up with my heart trying to come through my chest and sweat pouring off me and no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t calm myself down.

I then had my ABPI/Doppler this afternoon and my left leg is normal, but my right leg is showing ‘mild’. Anyway, the nurse told me not to worry about it and if the doctor needs to speak to me about it she’ll be in touch, but if I am worried about it I can just make an appointment to discuss it with her. She did say it’s mild and will likely just need monitoring, but got the usual advice of watch my bloods, watch my weight, get more active and make healthy food choices.

I just feel like everything is one step forward and three back right now! Could cry as I love walking (when I go to NYC I easily manage 10+ miles a day) and right now I sometimes can’t make it round the supermarket without getting a dead foot.
Yuck.
images

Reactions: slip

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hope all's well for those who haven't been having a good time recently. I'm trying to recycle and thought that I really should be able to do something for that December do with these little things
Any ideas?View attachment 36070
It would depend on the composition of the plastic used whether or not they could be sent for recycling.
However, using suitable glue arrange them round, or into, a sphere to make a flower. First filling the little darlings with colourful chocolate wrappers?

crazyhenlady

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just wondered how anyone on hflc diet counteracts hypos in the night post exercise.

I can be fine after 1 hour run in the day ..in fact i can run anytime of the day and that night at about 3am get hypo and end up having lucozade to correct .

I have adjusted my novorapid insulin for the lunch and dinner but then get high readings post meals and if i adjust lantus down then get high levels the next day if i do it that night or that day if reduce the night before. During a run my BG does raise initially and then settle into normal range.

I watched the Using Freestyle libre with exercise webinar but it only told you to eat carbs post exercise which i really want to avoid as its not then i get the hypo.
They didnt get to my question either
Does anyone else on this diet/ exercise regime get this?
What do you do to stop these night hypos?
Any advise welcome.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
It would depend on the composition of the plastic used whether or not they could be sent for recycling.
However, using suitable glue arrange them round, or into, a sphere to make a flower. First filling the little darlings with colourful chocolate wrappers?
Love that idea, thanks

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I am sure I can see them as little Christmas trees.

I took a look at Google and can find chandeliers made out of insulin bottles,
View attachment 36074
fearsome looking wreaths made out of syringes
View attachment 36073
and, my favourite, reindeer made out of used OmniPod pods
View attachment 36072

But I didn't find anything to do with needle lids.
Love the reindeers. I'm thinking along the lines of threading them as they're so small. Just started saving them and feel better already