Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

edward1941

Hi
Struggling for many years controlling Type 2
Now at the end game - Glicazide 280mg/day failing to control BG
BG morning level 16mmol - After breakfast can go as high as 21mmol
GP refered me to Diabetic Nurse who has started me on Insulin immediately.
First injection 8 before bed last night
Morning test 13.5

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Struggling for many years controlling Type 2
Now at the end game - Glicazide 280mg/day failing to control BG
BG morning level 16mmol - After breakfast can go as high as 21mmol
GP refered me to Diabetic Nurse who has started me on Insulin immediately.
First injection 8 before bed last night
Morning test 13.5
Welcome to the forum edward! Sorry to hear where you are with your diabetes. This thread is a very low chat level, it’s just for recording fasting blood sugars. If you would like to discuss things further please feel free to write your own post in an appropriate subforum, maybe the type 2 diabetes one, there will be others in your situation that might be able to help you.

Reactions: DJC3 and Prem51

edward1941

Welcome to the forum edward! Sorry to hear where you are with your diabetes. This thread is a very low chat level, it’s just for recording fasting blood sugars. If you would like to discuss things further please feel free to write your own post in an appropriate subforum, maybe the type 2 diabetes one, there will be others in your situation that might be able to help you.
Hi Rachox
Thanks for the info.
I am struggling at the moment.
My most recent HBa1C was 85 and until the referral I only had the option of an even bigger dose of tablets.
Unfotunately for me my stomach is very sensitive so I am somewhat restricted as to what I can take.
For example Metformin had me doubled up with pain.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Rachox
Thanks for the info.
I am struggling at the moment.
My most recent HBa1C was 85 and until the referral I only had the option of an even bigger dose of tablets.
Unfotunately for me my stomach is very sensitive so I am somewhat restricted as to what I can take.
For example Metformin had me doubled up with pain.

Edward, I'm happy to start a discussion for you and invite others to help you, but we need to move off this thread. This thread, as per it's title, doesn't support chat.

I've started a thread for you here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-2-just-started-on-insulin.168876/

Reactions: DJC3