Quick update

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed end aug, 87 hba1c.

Had an "extra" test becuase consultant wanted to do some bloods this week, so about 6 weeks in and now at 52. Given that included at least 6 weeks of horrendous diet before all this started I'm pretty pleased that my end of Nov result may even be getting close to being ok.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on a significant drop in a short space of time, as you say with old sugary blood cells still in circulation! You should be pleased with yourself, keep up the good work and November’s result will be even better.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I was diagnosed end aug, 87 hba1c.

Had an "extra" test becuase consultant wanted to do some bloods this week, so about 6 weeks in and now at 52. Given that included at least 6 weeks of horrendous diet before all this started I'm pretty pleased that my end of Nov result may even be getting close to being ok.

Hi sno0opy,
That is fantastic progress.
I hope that you are getting that result by doing something that is sustainable, because we Type 2's need to make lifestyle changes to maintain decent control of our BG. It is a marathon, not a sprint.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, it's just diet and excersise (and metformin) Targeting around 2lb to 3lb loss per week and adjusting portion size to make sure I'm not loosing too much.

I can only speak for 6 weeks, but I have been doing ok including some carbs. But all very complex, lentils, beams, bulgsr wheat.

Other then that I'm eating well, if not very healthy. Combined with high intensity excersise (dying in your feet type intensity) 3 or 4 times a week.

Longer term I know I will have to rain back s bit on the excersise and I hope to be able to add treats like a little bread or potatoes.

But I want to beat it properly first and get off the medication (Metformin). Then look at what I can change. **** long way to go but it's encouraging my initial efforts appear to be making ground