What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

All day meetings today so very glad to have walked to the first one to avoid the feeling of being completely inactive.

Lunch was picked up from M&S. Smoked spiced prosciutto and cheese rollitos followed by a 28g bag of Brazil nuts and a handful of mixed nuts from a large bag bought by a colleague.

Dinner was a delicious sirloin steak.

Plenty of tea with cream throughout the day.

Nice that 1 of your colleagues thought to bring nuts instead of biscuits and crisps.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aaah another turn for Dragonbreath Chilli - lush!

Those of you who can remember back to last Xmas may remember my delight at the World of Warcraft recipe book.
I thought it was time for another play.

https://mindfulhearth.com/2017/03/31/cooking-from-world-of-warcraft-dragonbreath-chili/

Of course i de-carbed it significantly. Less tomato, no beans, and so on... but the essential dragonliness survived.
Very pleased.
I also portioned half up into containers, then thickened the rest with gravy granules, for Mr B. He loves a bit of gloop. And now he has it in individual portions. :D

B was a LC hot choc (HC batons, water and cream)
L didn’t happen
D so it was a good portion of Dragonsbreath, and we are having the LC Bakery keto sticky toffee pud after

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Lord! Am I missing something? Why did your doc want a photo?
I would like to say because it is worthy. Truth is chemo nurse appears to have dripped some, to which the hon member took offence. Having examined the appendage (adoringly:angelic:) she wondered if I wanted to take a pic to show the nurse. I opined that lovely gals though they both were and flattering as it was I wasn't interested in that kind of thing . We just needed to keep things professional:angelic:. We parted amicably.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Very busy today (for me anyway). My new desk arrived which meant I had to clear out everything that was in the position it was to occupy. I was hoping that my cleaner-lady would come today so that she could clean the floor in that area for me. She didn't come, so I had to do it before the desk went into place. That reminded me why I need someone to do my floors for me. Spent a couple of short breaks in my chair to try to fend of the back pain. Didn't work. By the time I was finished I could barely move! Still kind of sore, but I am a bit more mobile now. And I am sitting at my desk with the laptop right now. The rest of the place is a mess because I couldn't get everything put away - never mind - it'll still be there tomorrow and maybe I can sort something out then.

The result of the above was that I had only tea until about 2.30. Rushed some braised pork and tomatoes (from the freezer) and dashed out at 2.45 to pick Em up from school (the weather is appalling today and she'd have been blown over by the wind, she's only a little girl. More tea when we came back and a good long cuddle - me in my big chair, easing my back and Em sitting on the arm, in a close embrace. (I do miss my cuddles since hubby went.) Let her help herself to milk and a couple of Jammie Dodgers and let her watch her favourite TV channel - kind of violent but rather like traditional Japanese drama, all jerky and (pretend) athletic.

Just tea since then and that will be all, I think, until sometime tomorrow

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to say because it is worthy. Truth is chemo nurse appears to have dripped some, to which the hon member took offence. Having examined the appendage (adoringly:angelic:) she wondered if I wanted to take a pic to show the nurse. I opined that lovely gals though they both were and flattering as it was I wasn't interested in that kind of thing . We just needed to keep things professional:angelic:. We parted amicably.

Oh dear, but that’s really made me laugh, I’m sorry. Hope it’s not too nasty.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very busy today (for me anyway). My new desk arrived which meant I had to clear out everything that was in the position it was to occupy. I was hoping that my cleaner-lady would come today so that she could clean the floor in that area for me. She didn't come, so I had to do it before the desk went into place. That reminded me why I need someone to do my floors for me. Spent a couple of short breaks in my chair to try to fend of the back pain. Didn't work. By the time I was finished I could barely move! Still kind of sore, but I am a bit more mobile now. And I am sitting at my desk with the laptop right now. The rest of the place is a mess because I couldn't get everything put away - never mind - it'll still be there tomorrow and maybe I can sort something out then.

The result of the above was that I had only tea until about 2.30. Rushed some braised pork and tomatoes (from the freezer) and dashed out at 2.45 to pick Em up from school (the weather is appalling today and she'd have been blown over by the wind, she's only a little girl. More tea when we came back and a good long cuddle - me in my big chair, easing my back and Em sitting on the arm, in a close embrace. (I do miss my cuddles since hubby went.) Let her help herself to milk and a couple of Jammie Dodgers and let her watch her favourite TV channel - kind of violent but rather like traditional Japanese drama, all jerky and (pretend) athletic.

Just tea since then and that will be all, I think, until sometime tomorrow

Cuddles with Em sound like the perfect antidote, hope your back recovers soon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, but that’s really made me laugh, I’m sorry. Hope it’s not too nasty.
I just found the idea of the Dr suggesting a richard pic hilarious and did offer a comment or 2 - as if I would. Receptionist said could she have a brief description of the reason for appointment - I was very tempted. Not too nasty but no horse riding today:angelic:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Beef snags from the butchers shop we have started shopping at.
4F2mf.gif

Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, butcher shop bacon nice and smokey, wild tomatoes, spudlite reheated.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar, water.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
@annabell1 I certainly wasn't meaning to imply that you could fix your UC with only the kind of diet that helps my son. I only meant to imply that for some people, watching the diet helps - as I know you are doing. I only wish it could help you more.

My sister-in-law has UC and has suffered for many years with it. Nothing seems to help her and I feel so sorry for her - and for you. UC isn't he same as Crohn's and in many ways I think it is worse. Looking at my husband's family, I have to wonder how much the various disorders are associated. There are Crohn's (3 sufferers), Coeliac disease (2 sufferers), Ulcerative Colitis (3 sufferers) and IBS. 2 of the UC sufferers seem to be in remission for long periods of time but eventually it comes back again and they have all 3 ended up in hospital for treatment.Then there are lots of arthritic sufferers and one Lupus sufferer (who couldn't cope with the pain and took her own life when doctors dismissed her pleas for help). Certainly autoimmune diseases are at the back of a lot of it.

With your positive attitude and understanding of what can cause flare-ups, I do hope you can find a way of reducing your condition at least. Don't give up hope of finding a way of alleviating the condition (perhaps using both diet and medication) because the answer may just be out there for you.
Thank you I appreciate your input sorry I get upset at times it's hard trying to deal with my health issues. And can get defensive as I've been told by someone in a FB ..group someone told me to stop taking my current diabetic medications and use metformin and just put up with the diarrhea like they have no idea what UC is.... Or people saying "can you eat that".

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.7 FBG 6.1. All packed apart from a few things like meds, chargers and cables. Busy old day and it was parents night too. No 2 has now amassed 25 Certificates for good behaviour. He informed the Head and Deputy Head today his target is 100 because he wants to be the boy that gets most Certificates in a year.
B. Later on after I finished the ironing - TAG with ADOC then 3 pork, tomato and mozzarella sausages, 3 rashers streaky bacon, 4 santini tomatoes and a fried egg.
L. Nothing
D. Boys didn't get home until 7.45pm due to parents night so I was past it. Settled for an avocado and prawns followed by berries and cream.

Off to do a few more bits and bobs then off to bed. Was murder trying to get a taxi for tomorrow morning as they are all booked for school runs?? Wonder how much that costs us and what children are ferried to school in taxis?

D

Deleted member 308541

Was murder trying to get a taxi for tomorrow morning as they are all booked for school runs?? Wonder how much that costs us and what children are ferried to school in taxis?
There are about twenty taxies taken out of circulation for nearly two hours for the school run morning and arvo here in Bundaberg, they pick up the special needs kids that cannot get on the school buses.

The state government pick up the tab here I believe...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: halloumi chips with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: spag bog with courgetti with a sprinkling of grated mature cheddar followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Quite late posting.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. A DD keto roll, half with butter and duck prosciutto, the other half with mayonnaise and chicken breast. A small serving of eggplant enchiladas. Chicken cracklings.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: A 125g skirt steak (first time I found this here), two undersized DD keto rolls with butter. Chicken cracklings. Two glasses of wine and two large glasses of homemade low-carb bitter lemon.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Local council here.
There are about twenty taxies taken out of circulation for nearly two hours for the school run morning and arvo here in Bundaberg, they pick up the special needs kids that cannot get on the school buses.

The state government pick up the tab here I believe...

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.6 FBG 6.1. And we're off. Just passing the time on one of LNERs new Azuma trains. The first to arrive apart from us are our Epsom friends and will be heading out with them later. Just enjoyed a really nice breakfast on the train.
B. TAG with ADOC and another 2 TAGS no ADOC. 1 sausage, fried egg, portobello mushroom, 2 rashers back bacon and a spoonful of beans (so I ate them). Hubby got the hash brown with his bacon roll.
L. I'll edit later but I suspect it may involve liquid!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry @ianpspurs, made me laugh too. I reckon you're one of the few who could dig humour out of chemo!
Thanks but what other reaction could one possibly have? If I am totally honest I would also *msl at a grown man/woman analysing food for carbohydrate and expecting, as if by magic, eating that way would manage diabetes - if I wasn't part of this forum. Doesn't pay to take these things too seriously IMHO. Enjoy your break.