Help

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
been a while since I have been on here as I had apparently cured myself for 9 months. But not anymore. My meter just gave me a reading of 1.9 and I panicked so tested another finger and was 8.2 and another finger 7.7 is my meter broken or me

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you checked the date of your strips?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
been a while since I have been on here as I had apparently cured myself for 9 months. But not anymore. My meter just gave me a reading of 1.9 and I panicked so tested another finger and was 8.2 and another finger 7.7 is my meter broken or me

Well I would say the low reading was faulty and your actual result was in between the 7.7 & 8.2 which is an accepted difference between strips. As for a 'cure', there are differences of opinion on this but is a person with a nut allergy 'cured' because they avoid nuts? x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you use a freshly opened pot of strips? They should be used within so many months of opening (generally 3 or 6 months depending on brand) regardless of the expiry date.

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes new pot of strips opened yesterday. I have changed the batteries in the meter and tested 6.2 now. Hope that it’s ok now

Reactions: Rachox