Libre A1c Prediction

GeminiJohn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone anyone have any experience of the Libre A1c prediction accuracy I’ve only had mine for 66 days and it’s predicting 7:1 - 51 be interesting to know if this is on the money or not?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get a lot of 3s during the night and twice, including this morning, 2.6. A finger prick nearly always gives me a 4 something. Freestyle estimates my HbA1c to be 40, down from 58 when I started taking steroids. I am sure that the HbA1c will be a lot higher than 40, but the numbers are trending downward which is the most important thing to me.

Reactions: EllieM and ziggy_w

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nah, (personal experience.) don't belive the Libre A1c prediction. Though. Love it for daily general trends.

Lol, my Diaconnect app works it out better with finger pricks. Minus 15% to what comes back from the lab..

Reactions: GeminiJohn

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
The Libre is almost always lower than what you are, so it would be inaccurate in your A1C reading to.

Reactions: GeminiJohn

JohnR127

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Metformin
I only get an A1c result once a year from my GP and both times so far has been the same as the Libre prediction. As always seems to be the case with diabetes, your experience will vary.