Baked Beanz? Friend or Foe?

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
That product that has 57 Varieties, yeah? Of course the No “S-word” can.

Regards - E

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
They are Foe for me.
Oh, right. What’s been your experience?

I’d also add, I’ve just read your Diagnosis Strip links. Fascinating advice and my need to support the GP who initially kicked down the door for me to get this wonder machine with demonstrating just what I’m doing to make a change. I’ve produced graphs and trend lines come out of me up to the WahZoo! OK, early days for me, three weeks since I got the Panic Look on my GPS face, but I’ve slid down from 18 to a realistic 9. Yeah, I know not there yet. And what I need to share if I HADN'T had had ( I think that’s grammatically correct?) my lil Puncture Kit, id still be in Dangerous Darkness.

What A Forum you all is!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That product that has 57 Varieties, yeah? Of course the No “S-word” can.

Regards - E
Beans are starchy, starch = carb... Steer clear. Unless you have a uselessly small portion, it's not worth it. Usually it's the legumes/pods and underground veggies you want to stay away from. Leafy greens and the like are fine.And most tomato sauces aren't all that... Usually contain sugar, and since it's pureed the fibres are kaput; so no slowing down the uptake of aforementioned sugars.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me, i find beans and lentils dont touch me. Every one is different so its best to eat and test. I know many here struggle with their bloods with even a little carbs. For me as long as i stay clear of refined carbs i dont get much of a rise at all.

Beans and lentils are ok for me, but rice will spike my bloods. I think some of it depends how your digestion works, perhaps mine takes a while to digest such foods and others are more efficient at it?

i have a 1/3rd can with eggs and mushrooms as a nice meal and dont notice much impact on my bloods.

Reactions: angustia

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm fine with a small tin of the no added sugar Heinz ones, but not other makes, they're a special treat fried in the fat after I've cooked my bacon for Saturday brunch. The only way to find out is to try and test

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can manage Heinz Baked Beans (ordinary ones) but not much more than a large spoonful with my fry ups. I find no difference to my levels if I have the no-sugar ones, so I don't bother.