Any advice?

baby_angel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having recently accepted that some pesky carbohydrates are sending my blood sugars through the roof. I'm considering reducing the amount of carbs i have on a daily basis. Nothing drastic just enough to prevent my blood sugars going off on one :lol:

I'm just wondering if there's any advice people have got from over the years? or better yet if anyone can reccomend a good low carb snack? :)

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi, I would suggest that you look in the "Low carb recipes" section of this forum as there are lots of excellent low carb recipes and suggesions for low carb snacks. I have just made the chicken nuggets and they were lovely and definately going to eat them again, Deb x

Grazer

Perhaps try easing off on the starchy carbs: White rice and pasta, flour products like White bread and pastry, mashed potato and boiled old potatos. You need to test to see how things affect you of course, but I have a few boiled new potatoes, burgen soya and linseed bread, a bit of whole wheat spaghetti, basmati rice sometimes - in other words, the low GI carbs. For snacks, you can do worse than a bag of mixed nuts, but mind the cashews. I make my own low carb ice cream which is a good snack treat

baby_angel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely avoiding pasta but that has always messed up my blood sugar. I'll have a look through the recipes, Thanks :)