Type 1'stars R Us

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awwww ty so much. I've really got diabetes grabbed it by the horns. It don't control me. I control it.
@Delticmatt100 I wasn't going to say this but I can't stop myself.................

well at least you're looking better in your recent photo than in your hospital bed avatar................................:hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you were to choose a new moniker for T1 what would you call it (in serious mode - we’ve all got a variety of likely-to-be-moderated names)?

Good question, if Diabetes T1 was discovered today what would we call it?

I'd go with Beta-Cell Autoimmune Disease (or BCAD for short) (as if there aren't already enough abbreviations associated with this condition)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good question, if Diabetes T1 was discovered today what would we call it?

I'd go with Beta-Cell Autoimmune Disease (or BCAD for short) (as if there aren't already enough abbreviations associated with this condition)

Just - BAD - ****** Annoying Diabetes ;):D

Edited by mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I would call it "Diabetes"based on the assumption that, as we have Type I, the other types came later and copied us :)
I bet the daft side of the media, and the public, would still mix them all up.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My experience of Heathrow is mixed. Some security guys seem very familiar with diabetes tech; some have no idea but ask their colleagues; and one told me I chose to have diabetes to make my and their life difficult.

I can't honestly say I've had any issues with Heathrow. Consinpdering I boarded with either like minded rockers or back packed the trail. Lol, I could have been suspected of carrying "anything", put aside the diabetic stuff..

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
My BAD is being very bad today and swinging around like a family of monkeys on vines. It needs to stop flipping around. For me a 9.4 after lunch was unfair so I'm waiting it out now.
Mr B cooked a brilliant Hungarian fish stew............ next to no carbs.... well whatever is in onions and zero defo in pollack. Great fish and doesn't fall apart.
We'll see.
Hope your day has been good

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
VIP night is tomorrow and it’s making me sigh deeply. They want everyone in for midday, then leave at 15:00 and come back at 17:00. My bf said there is no point in picking me up, so I have nowhere to go for a few hours. Awkwardly I’ll be wearing makeup and changing clothes will just ruin my work of art. My second cousin contacted me today to say he moved from Czech Republic to England and he needs my help. I’m not saying I don’t like helping people, it’s the kind of help that they think my family are loaded with money.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My BAD is being very bad today and swinging around like a family of monkeys on vines. It needs to stop flipping around. For me a 9.4 after lunch was unfair so I'm waiting it out now.
Mr B cooked a brilliant Hungarian fish stew............ next to no carbs.... well whatever is in onions and zero defo in pollack. Great fish and doesn't fall apart.
We'll see.
Hope your day has been good

I have some pollock in freezer to use, care to share the recipe for the fish stew

Reactions: Antje77

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I seem to have an accurate Libre for once, it did bleed a fair bit, as evidenced by the blood stained sticky and the bruise that’s spreading from underneath. And as the old adage goes, bleeders make better readers. That previous one lasted just six days before it failed, so that got phoned in.
Not much to report, I am keeping up to date with what you’re all posting on this (best) thread, even if I’m not contributing much myself. Exams the week after next!

Reactions: ert

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

...... & realise I'm not wearing my glasses.

I seem to have an accurate Libre for once, it did bleed a fair bit, as evidenced by the blood stained sticky and the bruise that’s spreading from underneath. And as the old adage goes, bleeders make better readers. That previous one lasted just six days before it failed, so that got phoned in.
Not much to report, I am keeping up to date with what you’re all posting on this (best) thread, even if I’m not contributing much myself. Exams the week after next!

Oddly enough, I'm finding an uncanny & compelling correlation with my Accuchek Mobile readings from a finger from the same side as the Libre sensor placement? (At least within 0.8Mmol. If out.)

Good luck with yer 'zams..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My second cousin contacted me today to say he moved from Czech Republic to England and he needs my help. I’m not saying I don’t like helping people, it’s the kind of help that they think my family are loaded with money.

From what I've read. You don't seem to be in a solid position right now to help?
This is nothing to be ashamed of. We all go through periods like this. Cut your "cloth" accordingly & focus for now on your own "family unit" with regards to you & the BF.

The general appropriate advice is.
The "oxygen mask" when a plane is going down is placed on your head first, before choosing & attending to the "favourite child." ;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From what I've read. You don't seem to be in a solid position right now to help?
This is nothing to be ashamed of. We all go through periods like this. Cut your "cloth" accordingly & focus for now on your own "family unit" with regards to you & the BF.

The general appropriate advice is.
The "oxygen mask" when a plane is going down is placed on your head first, before choosing & attending to the "favourite child." ;)

It is quite complicated, my families in China and Vietnam all view Western Europe and America as the land of opportunity, great heathcare (some EU residents from the Netherlands and Germany could argue differently) and great welfare system. They see my parents has gold miners, constantly asking for gifts, for money etc. So in short, everytime my family members ask for help, I won’t walk, I will run. Awkwardly my second cousin is way out of my distance for me to help him. Even more awkward, his sister was able to get everything sorted to study here so he could have contacted her. They are very fond of England - they don’t want to study in their own country but they would rather study here.

But yes I’m in no position to help, due to me being busy and distance, I am not going to Cambridge to take him to London to help him sort whatever he needed. Because I don’t have that kind of money to pay for his journey and mine.

Moreover when my dad and I went to Czech Republic to visit them, we barely got anything to eat or anywhere comfy to sleep. They offered me sugar free water to treat my hypo and I was like do I look like a joke to you? Luckily I had glucotabs.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

But yes I’m in no position to help, due to me being busy and distance, I am not going to Cambridge to take him to London to help him sort whatever he needed. Because I don’t have that kind of money to pay for his journey and mine.

It's my understanding you don't personally own a car, let alone possess a current driving licence? (Entitling you to drive.)

Problem solved... :);)

Reactions: Fairygodmother

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Morning everyone. The forecast looks OK so a bit of mud gardening may be on the cards and possibly get some bulbs planted.
Madam BG just in range but would like to get it stable at the lower end. I'm always uncertain about whether to bolus for it in the morning especially as I know my liver dumps without fail. I don't eat breakfast. What does everyone do?
I always miss the bulb planting window. Thanks. I'll get on to it this weekend.

Reactions: Marie 2

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Good morning everyone. The dogs both want to sit on my lap simultaneously, as they are vying for attention, missing me while I was in Australia last week. This is difficult when holding a laptop. My MM alarmed at 3 am that my BS was 3.9 mmol/l so I ate a newly-found-glucose jelly bean which I bought from the chemist rather than the corner store. The neat thing about them is that you need fewer jelly beans and they work more quickly. I always have this debate with myself of whether I should get up and clean my teeth while being so sleepy at 3 am. I was good and did and it resulted in the pup wanting to go outside and play under the bushes in the dark for a time. It took an age to convince her it was the middle of the night and it was time to return to bed. Have a great day everyone.