What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon All,

No B
Lunch was a tuna and cheese melt Chaffles with a blob of brinjal pickle (Hopeful mutt got a morsel of it)
66088B64-5392-4F0C-8F41-83DA27E7D8D5.jpeg

D will be Dragonsbreath :D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B = 2 big mugs of tea on rising and reading for a couple of hrs then skinny bread toast with president butter. More reading and diary updates then 1 hr saunter with poor old dog (quite windy) L= mackerel and avocado salad. Longest session of lawn mowing since Aug 6th, Evening = broccoli bake _ frozen broc, mozzarella slices, grated mozzarella and some dolcellate (simple and avoids acid reflux for Julie)- with some crispy bacon (so salty - no likey really) and lc tommy k. So another day of autumn/winter passed ok.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Those chaffles look good @Brunneria definitely got gadget envy here.

Arrived at work to discover there’d been a very important delivery while I was out yesterday - with thanks to @DJC3

700BE2BC-2052-4E55-91B8-19F61D8476B5.jpeg

Enough to keep @ziggy_w going for a couple of hours ;)

Lunch was my usual bacon, eggs and grated cheese. Still hungry a bit later on so enjoyed a pack of the newly arrived chicken crackling.

Dinner was 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, 2 fried eggs and 2 rashers bacon followed by 2 squares Ghirardelli 92% dark chocolate (still have a large box of individually wrapped squares from my US trip in the freezer).

Tea with cream to follow later.

91F291CD-783E-481F-81D9-41DA1C53BFF2.jpeg

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
My sleeping and BG have taken a downwards spiral.
Breakfast: Half slice LivLife toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: didnt happen.
Supper: Tom & cheese omelette.

@SlimLizzy good to hear Mr S is recovering well.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
My sleeping and BG have taken a downwards spiral.
Breakfast: Half slice LivLife toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: didnt happen.
Supper: Tom & cheese omelette.

@SlimLizzy good to hear Mr S is recovering well.
Hoping the famous PM bouncebackability kicks in from tomorrow. Meantime have a cyber hug.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@SlimLizzy good to hear that Mr Slim is recovering. Let's hope he manages to keep away from the heavy work. I know that is difficult for some people - many men think they can work on through it but it's really better not to, as I'm sure you will know.

Took a reduced dose of insulin last night but had a hypo during the night. Woke up about 2 am feeling awful, soaking with sweat and heart pounding. Very shaky when I got up and couldn't see very well. Luckily I realised what was happening. Checked BG and it was 2.6! Had a chocolate biscuit from the supply I keep for children. Then a couple of polo mints and went back to bed. 6.9 this morning. One meal a day looks like too little for me - unless, of course, I could manage to eat more. Maybe time to reduce the insulin at night even more than I did last night.

Had 3 eggs scrambled with butter and cream at about 2 pm and didn't think I would want anything else all day, but just had some sardines with a couple of oatcakes. A bit short on drinks today - Em arrived unexpectedly and that took up the late afternoon (playing basketball with a ball and a bucket - I was the bucket holder - very sore on the arms). Have to try to drink some more this evening.

annmaried

Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)

Small bran flakes
Ham broccoli salad- yoghurt
Steamed cod, more broccoli, brussel sprouts ( quite windy now)
Ryvita cheese

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch out with my daughter at the Breakfast Club: steak with salad and chips! :wideyed: I only ate three, I promise!
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: Chicken chasseur with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
food yesterday
Scrambled eggs, spinach( have found frozen with Crême frâiche)and 2 tiny rösti. Tea
Coffee with cream
Lunch toast with peanut butter
More coffee
Dinner red cabbage casserole with sausages and green beans.
Tea and more tea.

Forgot about the two squares of 85% chocolate

10-10-19
Breakfast. Toast and peanut butter. Tea
Coffee with cream
Vegetable soup 2 slices of seeded baguette. With butter. Real butter this time not the reduced fat version accidentally purchased previously. Ofc could not stop at two pieces.
Tea.
Hoping some digging will work off the baguette.
Tea and two biscuits Bad Lizzy
Dinner cassolet. Green beans and carrots. MrSlim had the very last home grown potato found while digging the veg patch.
Two glasses of wine and later a cup of tea at bedtime.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy glad to hear all is well with Mr S
@Goonergal it looks like the box only just made it, sorry, I should have packed them up better.
@ziggy_w duck prosciutto sounds jolly good.
Today’s food-
B- cheesy scrambled eggs CWC
L- New loaf of Dr Almond flaxseed bread made this morning - couple of slices with butter marmite and cheese. Lovely, I think I missed marmite more than bread.
D- DD pork chop with garlic butter and roast cauli https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/pork-chops-roasted-cauliflower-parmesan-herb-butter
1 glass red. Did the chop in the airfryer and got a really good crackling on the rind.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.6 FBG 6.1. And we're off. Just passing the time on one of LNERs new Azuma trains. The first to arrive apart from us are our Epsom friends and will be heading out with them later. Just enjoyed a really nice breakfast on the train.
B. TAG with ADOC and another 2 TAGS no ADOC. 1 sausage, fried egg, portobello mushroom, 2 rashers back bacon and a spoonful of beans (so I ate them). Hubby got the hash brown with his bacon roll.
L. I'll edit later but I suspect it may involve liquid!
And it did indeed involve liquid. Had a white wine spritzer while waiting for room ( (£12.50 was enough to keep it at one). Americano with cream followed.
D. Fab meal at 21 in Newcastle. Pricey but superb. Cheese and spinach souffle followed by chicken breast with green beans, foie grass, spinach and the best celeriac puree ever. Irish coffee a lot of wine and BGs are fine.
Off to bed now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Marmite spread on grilled halloumi makes brilliant Marmite soldiers for boiled eggs :hungry:

Ooh yes I’d forgotten you posting that a few weeks back. Thanks for the reminder, Halloumi will be put on tomorrow’s shopping list.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
yesterday I made DD cottage cheese pancakes they were ok but a bit eggy I had them with some cream and blueberries washed down with black coffee. I then did some gardening mow the lawns and pruning then went up the road and brought a few things by dinner time I was exhausted so had some salami avocado and cheese and salada biscuits and tomatoes and a cottage cheese pancake. today I had my left over pancakes with butter and maple and black coffee. dinner was lamb chops with tabbela I started now to sit and watch some TV I am still tired from the yesterdays gardening

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Marmite spread on grilled halloumi makes brilliant Marmite soldiers for boiled eggs :hungry:
that sounds good why didn't I think of that I use halloumi fried and dip them in my avocado dips but spread with marmite or vegemite sounds like a plan. good idea