Type 2 Cholestoral Level.

greybags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All ...

Just had my Diabetes review blood test with a quite good HBA1c of 45. But the surgery have just rung me to say I have a Cholestoral of 1.2 mmol and that the DR will be ringing me sometime over the next couple of days to discuss this..

So is 1.2 Good, Bad, Terrible, or what..

Never had a problem before, anyone got any info???

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If that's a total cholesterol level it is extremely low...
Are you taking any medication such as statins?

greybags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just had the phone call with the statement that my Cholestroral was 1.2 mmol and the Dr wanted to talk to me. I am having a phone call on the 22nd Oct.. So there doesnt seem to be any urgency. But never dealt with Cholestroral before so wondering why they want to talk to me ????

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had the phone call with the statement that my Cholestroral was 1.2 mmol and the Dr wanted to talk to me. I am having a phone call on the 22nd Oct.. So there doesnt seem to be any urgency. But never dealt with Cholestroral before so wondering why they want to talk to me ????

Well I think thats the lowest number I have ever heard.. hopefully they'll want you to have a re-test.

greybags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
At least I will know on the 22nd, but I like to be prepared and have bit of an idea why they want to see me ..

Wait and see then I suppose

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please keep us posted if you can, we hear so much about 'high' cholesterol, it will be interesting to see how Drs react to low cholesterol.

greybags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Seen the Dr, and the figure given by the receptionist when she rang was wrong. My cholestral was actually 5.3, which was OK, but they wanted to start me on a drug to help control it. (Not a statin as I cant tolerate them). Anyway whilst talking she asked how I was, and I said OK except for aching/painful shoulders, she immediately had a blood test done and diagnosed Polymyalgia rheumatica.. So now have to take steroids by the bucket full, and having to re-adjust my insulin as my carefully controlled blood sugars are all over the place ... Isn't life fun :)