Diet Doctor Keto Garlic Bread

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it any good? Has anyone made this with coconut flour instead of almond flour?

Coconut flour would change the texture but wondered which flour was nicer. Thanks.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Fat Head Dough to make pizza and garlic bread.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Flora123 I’ve used this recipe a lot and have always used almond flour. The garlic bread is delicious!

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Flora123 I’ve used this recipe a lot and have always used almond flour. The garlic bread is delicious!

Thanks. I tried it with almond flour last night and it was really lovely. Kids hated the taste - said it tasted like blood!! But they loved the colour . If going to try again with coconut flour as a comparison. My BG was high after it though

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Flora123 did you use mozzarella? I use Morrison’s preheated mozzarella which has a couple of carbs in and the garlic and herbs or chives Philadelphia cream cheese. I think as you say the ideal is to test different ingredients until you find the right one for the family

Reactions: Flora123

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Flora123 did you use mozzarella? I use Morrison’s preheated mozzarella which has a couple of carbs in and the garlic and herbs or chives Philadelphia cream cheese. I think as you say the ideal is to test different ingredients until you find the right one for the family

Yes I did. What is preheated mozzarella?!

Problem is with making stuff like this, it had made me crave bread today which I wouldn’t normally.