What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
There's a few other pancake recipes on that site but the souffle one is my favourite.[/QUO

will take a look at the moment I seem to b tolerating only pancakes or waffles more than eggs so a few other recipes be good.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I intended to make celeriac dauphinoise for my one meal today (at 1 pm), topped with some beef ragout but, instead of slices of onion and celeriac, I put the tool into the food processor the wrong way up, so ended up grating it all. Nevertheless, I mixed it all with ricotta and grated up parmesan, then mixed in some cream and topped the whole lot with grated cheddar and some butter. It's OK - bit much parmesan probably. I did top it with the ragout, but that's not quite right, I'll have to work on the rest (huge pot of it) to improve the flavour and probably cook it for longer as well. I'm pretty full at present, so we'll see how I get on for the rest of the day.

I have about 3 more meals-worth of the celeriac grate and about 6 more meals-worth of the ragout. I'll need to find space in the freezer.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Early eating today ahead of train journey.

Breakfast of bacon eggs and cheese.

Linner at Nando’s, Euston. 2 plain legs and grilled halloumi. Followed up by 3 Hotel Chocolat 85% batons - managed to exit the shop with only those!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Postscript. Arrival drink in Brum. Hotel Chocolat is a mere 20 metre detour en route to the hotel.

CBABB096-20FB-471C-B293-79443BC59AC1.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: boiled eggs with halloumi Marmite soldiers followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cold bbq chicken, leafy salad, two orange rapture tomatoes, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola, cooked a new batch today :hungry::)

24A7ACBC-61D1-4903-BB7D-D61AA1C2FAF8.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
11-10-19
Breakfast
Tea
Second breakfast about 90 mins later
More tea. One cold sausage from the fridge then a 2 egg omelette. MrSlim had croissant, butter and jam, but left the butter , so I snaffled it to spread on my omelette.
Coffee with a dash of cream.
Lunch, slice if the so called Turkey breast- am never eating that again.
Some seeded baguette with blue cheese. Probably too much bread.
Tea
Dinner pork chop, carrots, red cabbage casserole, French beans. Two glasses of wine.
2 squares 85% chocolate.

Then messed it all up by bingeing on biscuits.

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
I intended to make celeriac dauphinoise for my one meal today (at 1 pm), topped with some beef ragout but, instead of slices of onion and celeriac, I put the tool into the food processor the wrong way up, so ended up grating it all. Nevertheless, I mixed it all with ricotta and grated up parmesan, then mixed in some cream and topped the whole lot with grated cheddar and some butter. It's OK - bit much parmesan probably. I did top it with the ragout, but that's not quite right, I'll have to work on the rest (huge pot of it) to improve the flavour and probably cook it for longer as well. I'm pretty full at present, so we'll see how I get on for the rest of the day.

I have about 3 more meals-worth of the celeriac grate and about 6 more meals-worth of the ragout. I'll need to find space in the freezer.

Not eaten celeriac I look at it in the shops thinking what can I make with this but that's how far it goes

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
I slept in today it was 12.30pm when i got out of bed but then didn't get to bed to 2am this morning so must of needed it. I am also having little bit higher BSL due to starting my steroids using budesonide rectal foam last couple of days for my UC so not sure if I should increase my Diamcron back to 60 but trying to stay LCHF but forgot how steroids make me crave dreaded sugary foods I ate some last night my cravings were out of control.....

So For brunch my first attempt at making DD Coconut porridge was ok I think added to much butter - "note to self always measure don't eyeball ingredients especially first attempt at making something" :) will try it again as was nice change to pancakes for a change and able to eat it with no problems but wanted it to be sweetened but never added anything sweet to it.

Dinner I grilled 3 lamb cutlets marinated in oil thyme and salt with some sweet potatoes, homemade babaganish and leftover tabbelah I'm so full now. Struggling to finish so just waiting for 10 or 20 minutes before putting away in case hunger comes back which sometimes happens.

20191012_184108.jpeg

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't think I posted yesterday...

B: chicory coffee substitute and cream
L: too busy
D: on the road: MacDonald's quarter pounder with cheese minus gloop and bun.

Not a good day, foodwise, but it was excellent in other ways, so that made up for it. :)

In other news, Pup3 has entered her first season. Oh Joy. She is fine. So are we. Except for the fact that she can only be exercised on the lead, and we have reduced the amount of exercise. Don't want gentlemen stalkers following her home, now do we?

Obviously, this is resulting in a certain level of restlessness - of a kind that playing fetch doesn't ease.
Pups1&2 are unbothered, except that their sniff and scamper time is lessened.

@annabell1
Have a hug for the hassle, the foam, the steroids and the bgs. Not fun.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here’s the recipe, just a copy of the note in my iPad, hope you give it a try, I love it!
View attachment 36136

@mouseee I can second the yummy ness of this. Had to stop making it as daughters kept popping round and pinching a pot of it. Have decided I’m going to make a couple of batches and give them as part of their Christmas presents this year, ( which will hopefully stop them nicking my Tupperware containers too)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didnt get a chance to post yesterday but if I can remember it went like this-
B: fried eggs on marmite toast ( Dr Almond flaxseed bread)
L:Ham salad, a very uninspiring choice that left me feeling cold and fed up having just spent all morning in muddy wet moorland, dog walking for an hour then waiting for AA to tow my car out of the mud. Felt like some comfort food so ham salad was a stupid decision. 30g Montezuma’s absolute black helped.
D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-swedish-meatballs-in-gravy and a glass of red.
Played Articulate all evening with family. Mr C and I are undefeated.
@annabell1 sounds like you are juggling a lot of balls at the moment with meds, hope things improve. How was your baba ganoush ? I love it.

mouseee

Thanks @Rachox for the granola recipe that will be tried very soon!

I have eaten in the past week but forgot to post!

In a funny mood at the moment. Not really hungry and not making any interesting food. Just eating for fuel.