Hypo packs - what’s in yours?

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What do you keep on hand/in bag/cat etc to help you when your having a hypo at home or out and about

be interesting to know

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Glucotabs in bulk from Amazon for out and about and also at home in every room.
I also have very tempting fruit pastilles which I'm trying to get rid of!!

Reactions: spage

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I carry either 1L coke bottle or 330ml can, glucose gel, tabs and an occasional biscuit somewhere.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Winegums or salty licorice.
For hypo's on a special occasion a friend bought me a bottle of a very sweet licorice-honey liqueur :)
For those not very low hypo's I like to use fresh fruit as a treatment, but that's not always on hand.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jelly babies and 15ml cans coke by the side of the bed. (Not needed either in Over a month whoop!) Dextrose in kit bag which I buy in bulk from Amazon and decant into small pots.

Reactions: SueJB and spage

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A couple candies, which I haven't used for almost a year. If I start to go low, I head home and have a meal.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have a bag of sweet shrimps and banana's, I normally buy them from Morrisons, as 1 is 10 carbs ( helps me to stop over eating in a hypo) :oops: also Kinder bars, a pack of 5 or sometimes jelly sweets. I am not a Coke, Lucozade or Glucotabs lover.

Reactions: SueJB and spage

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha you rebel yes fresh fruit isn’t good keeping in you bag. I no this from my toddler lol

For hypo's on a special occasion a friend bought me a bottle of a very sweet licorice-honey liqueur :)
For those not very low hypo's I like to use fresh fruit as a treatment, but that's not always on hand.

Reactions: SueJB

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Love them sweets

I have a bag of sweet shrimps and banana's, I normally buy them from Morrisons, as 1 is 10 carbs ( helps me to stop over eating in a hypo) :oops: also Kinder bars, a pack of 5 or sometimes jelly sweets. I am not a Coke, Lucozade or Glucotabs lover.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I carry either 1L coke bottle or 330ml can, glucose gel, tabs and an occasional biscuit somewhere.
I can't cope with the weight of liquid and am not a bit fan of coke but I just love biscuits and I'm sure @Knikki did too.

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Like the idea of wine gums @Antje77 because they'll last longer than pastilles. I'm a fruit maniac ........... or was, so very little of it in the house anymore
I've got a cherry liqueur from Poland which is a real sugar blast

Reactions: spage and Antje77

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m not keen on wine gums but love fruit pastille also love things like Chewits or starburst lol. I loved them lol

Like the idea of wine gums @Antje77 because they'll last longer than pastilles. I'm a fruit maniac ........... or was, so very little of it in the house anymore
I've got a cherry liqueur from Poland which is a real sugar blast

Reactions: MattH892

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dextro tablets in the flavours I don't like, so I don't over-eat when the hypo sense of impending doom hits, are in all my usual bags! (The bag known to students and colleagues as the Japes Meds Bag goes to my room at night as it also has my purse, work pass, bus pass and keys in it!)
Cans of full-fat Coke in work cupboards and fridges. (Labelled clearly as hypo treatments for me!)
Nakd bars for when I'm out and about walking and needing 10/15g of carbs to get me up the hill home.
Fruit when I'm at home.