Type 1'stars R Us

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
I had to drag my body out of bed, :( in combination with wisdom toothache and tiredness. If I’m honest, I wished work just told everyone to turn up for 15:30 to tidy the place ready for the evening. We have to be there for 11:00 until 15:00, break time and then show up at 17:00 again. In my case, I think 9-10hours is a bit of a stretch for me. But diabetes not too shabby at 7.3. :)

Quite demanding aren't they, wanting to you to go away for two hours, then turn up again.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone
BAD Madam was a splendid 5.1 this drizzly morning and then the friend liver decided on its usual dump, up 1mmol in 15mins and climbing I guess. Oh not to have to prick.
The vet yesterday said my Eustachian tube in the left if blocked, feeling like a whale trying to blow it out.
Portuguese fish stew with pollack again was fab
Off to town to buy more fish and also ground almonds to make some cakes
Have a lovely day and may the wellies be with you

Reactions: Alison54321

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
One of the sleepover dogs has a very angry wet rash on his nose and around his eye so he had to start antibiotics today.
My thumb is still very sore and completely useless, wrist is less sore and only half useless.
Which made getting tablets in the dog an interesting exercise.
Both dog and hand are very offended now. Tonight I'll see if I can trick the dog with liverwurst.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One of the sleepover dogs has a very angry wet rash on his nose and around his eye so he had to start antibiotics today.
My thumb is still very sore and completely useless, wrist is less sore and only half useless.
Which made getting tablets in the dog an interesting exercise.
Both dog and hand are very offended now. Tonight I'll see if I can trick the dog with liverwurst.

Hi,

Where tablets are concerned. I dupe my hound with cheese..

spage

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Second meal since my first dose of humulin I. 5.1 before lunch be good to see after. I no it’s carby but still getting to grips with things. Boiled egg sandwich with some salad cream, cucumber and Pom bears.

How are you all doing on this rubbish day x

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just woken up. Have I missed anything?
Hi @LooperCat . You was in my thoughts around midnight last night.
Long story short. My 84 yr old mother called out an ambulance, when they turned up, the two paramedics introduced the trainee they had with them. In all fairness the trainees beard did slightly distort my thoughts of you, but nonetheless....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @LooperCat . You was in my thoughts around midnight last night.
Long story short. My 84 yr old mother called out an ambulance, when they turned up, the two paramedics introduced the trainee they had with them. In all fairness the trainees beard did slightly distort my thoughts of you, but nonetheless....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Husbeast has more than enough beard for this household, I can’t compete so shave mine off. I’ll be that trainee in a month!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB whilst you are on your around the world trip with pollock fish stews, have you tried Moroccan fish Tagine? We made a lovely, quick one a few weeks ago.
Brilliant @Kim Possible Our mini European tours inspired us to coook more fish. I love the idea of tagine, despite not having one of those funny conical type dishes. I always thought though they had fruit in them. Can you post the recipe? that would be magic:bookworm:

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Grotty day isn’t it?! Good couple of days bloods wise, not so good at work. Glad to have a weekend off but start my nights next weekend...but that is followed by a week off. I’m thinking about a quick getaway to Las Vegas...it’ll help beat the holiday blues!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Antje77 For ones that are more stubborn about pills, I soften some cheese, usually on tidbit of bread in micro for a few seconds and put the pill in it. That way they can’t separate it easily. Unless they’re really finicky, then only down the throat works!

The dobie I have now you can put it with anything and she swallows it whole. Pill, what pill?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 For ones that are more stubborn about pills, I soften some cheese, usually on tidbit of bread in micro for a few seconds and put the pill in it. That way they can’t separate it easily. Unless they’re really finicky, then only down the throat works!

The dobie I have now you can put it with anything and she swallows it whole. Pill, what pill?
I'll start with the liverwurst, and if that doesn't work I'll proceed with your and Jaylees tricks. Stupid thing is, 3 of the 5 dogs will happily eat any pill you offer them if you tell them it's something yummy, nothing needed to go with it and 4th cooperates if you tell her she must. It's only this one squirming and keeping it's mouth closed and spitting out the tablets five minutes later.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 . That’s made me smile.
If you knew my mother then the “ like” wouldn’t seem such a bad option anyway.:)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
I’m doing a huge sigh - I worked over 11hrs and everyone got to eat once. We were not allowed to take food home. So I don’t know how long I can survive for, but tomorrow is the same. I’ll take food with me anyway but at the moment I’ll probably work until after Christmas and look for something else. I was drooling over customer’s left overs as well

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The liverwurst didn't look edible anymore, but Buffel happily took his tablets crushed in French green pepper paté :hilarious:
His nose looks a lot better already. The vet gave him an antibiotics injection yesterday to kickstart the treatment, and an injection for the itching. Not sure which one has the biggest effect at the moment but very happy it isn't open and leakining fluid anymore :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Another wet and dark day, work today, so I hope customers come out and sample the Italian Iced coffee.
Brilliants readings yesterday even though I had a lazy day, which is rare. Lovely readings in the 5's, but............ on my Libre around 4 am it started to climb, so awoke on 11.3 give me strength :banghead:
Must remember to put on another layer today as standing by the chilled aisle gets, well chilly, especially my fingers https://www.smileysapp.com/emojis/winter-smiley.png
Happy Sunday folks :)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I go away for a few weeks with no internet assess and a lot of people have changed their names - have I missed something?

Reactions: Marie 2