Pretence patient diabetes?

• Thread starter Deleted member 489048
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 489048

Do you think a doctor would on the pretence tell a patient they were diabetic T2 to meet protocol targets?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No.
A diabetes diagnosis takes blood tests.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What "protocol targets" would these be?

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a bit confused by the question- do you think doctors have targets they have to meet?

I don't think a doctor would tell someone they were diabetic unless that's what the tests show. In fact from various threads here the problem seems the reverse that people aren't alerted early enough.

I'm wondering whether you were diagnosed as a diabetic? If you were and have been careful with your diet it may be that the next test showed you in non-diabetic ranges but that doesn't void the first test. In my (admittedly new experienced) views even if your tests do come down if you fail to eat appropriately you will end up in the diabetic range.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a bit confused by the question- do you think doctors have targets they have to meet?

I don't think a doctor would tell someone they were diabetic unless that's what the tests show. In fact from various threads here the problem seems the reverse that people aren't alerted early enough.

I'm wondering whether you were diagnosed as a diabetic? If you were and have been careful with your diet it may be that the next test showed you in non-diabetic ranges but that doesn't void the first test. In my (admittedly new experienced) views even if your tests do come down if you fail to eat appropriately you will end up in the diabetic range.

I certainly agree with your comment about doctors not informing people that they are either pre diabetic or have diabetes. I wasn't told unless you count having a letter sent to me stating that my ANNUAL DIABETIC REVIEW was due !! Came as a bit of a shock seeing no one had bothered to tell me that I had diabetes.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
No, I really don't think so.

@Guzzler Possibly QOF?
Don't think there's anything in the QOF that covers deliberately misleading or misdiagnosing a patient to meet a quota. :)