What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2am
Counting sheep...

upload_2019-10-13_1-56-16.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I thought I was sleepy but apparently I'm not. May be because I slept most of the day to escape the noisy neighbor. Now he is quiet and I am thinking about banging on the wall and thumping so that he will be the one with the headache for a change. But it would just raise my BP.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning @gennepher - thought I was doing poorly with 3.15 awake so hug there. Sleep well @Muddy Cyclist, party seems to have been everything you could have hoped for. Fbg of 5.0 when monitored at 4.05 ish. That level is OK but under 5 hrs sleep not likely to do me much good. This makes life quite difficult. Julie will probably be up around 8.30 to 9.00 as she has difficulty going to sleep early - not helped by very bad IBS which many lchf foods make much worse - cauliflower is a real issue. I'm often done by 8.30 so our optimal sleeping and eating patterns are totally different - not to mention finding an overlap between LCHF and FODMAP. Will be very early, cold and right pain in the posterior when the clocks change. I had developed a way of dealing with the early waking LC gave me. The side effect of tamsulosin (along with a couple of other unhelpful ones) have amplified the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear, I'm still partying come and join us. Last of visitors Just gone but I'm wide awake. BG 5.5 probably the red wine, good company and contentment. But now off to bed a year older than yesterday.

Sleep well one and all.

A brilliant blood glucose @Muddy Cyclist , especially partying!
Congratulations!!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I thought I was sleepy but apparently I'm not. May be because I slept most of the day to escape the noisy neighbor. Now he is quiet and I am thinking about banging on the wall and thumping so that he will be the one with the headache for a change. But it would just raise my BP.
Oh dear...
Hugs @SaskiaKC
upload_2019-10-13_5-30-58.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning @gennepher - thought I was doing poorly with 3.15 awake so hug there. Sleep well @Muddy Cyclist, party seems to have been everything you could have hoped for. Fbg of 5.0 when monitored at 4.05 ish. That level is OK but under 5 hrs sleep not likely to do me much good. This makes life quite difficult. Julie will probably be up around 8.30 to 9.00 as she has difficulty going to sleep early. I'm often done by 8.30 so our optimal sleeping and eating patterns are totally different - not to mention finding an overlap between LCHF and FODMAP. Will be very early, cold and right pain in the posterior when the clocks change. I had developed a way of dealing with the early waking LC gave me. The side effect of tamsulosin (along with a couple of other unhelpful ones) have amplified the problem.

Good Morning @ianpspurs
Awkward when one is a night owl and the other a morning owl.
The silver lining? Each gets the bed to themselves for a few hours?
I am not looking forward to this clock change either...

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning @ianpspurs
Awkward when one is a night owl and the other a morning owl.
The silver lining? Each gets the bed to themselves for a few hours?
I am not looking forward to this clock change either...
The issue wasn't as apparent when we were both working. Julie often worked until late and I was marking until small hours - both needed to be up early for commute, boys to school. In summer now I can garden, dog walk or attend to chickens (when not inside foxes) early. When there is live sport on tv - cricket mainly - all ok in winter. The best way to handle early waking for me is exercise but the tamsulosin lowers blood pressure and causes dizzines so I am working around that just now and need Julie as a spotter until I have worked out what I can do safely.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg....7.6

So failed this morning compared to other mornings this week. Sigh.

But I do have a major problem, hence me not being able to sleep. The latest IOS update has has rendered my iPhone approaching useless in regards to compatibility to my Cochlear Speech Processor.

Amongst other problems it has caused with my Speech Processor (it attaches to my head via a magnet and all sound is delivered straight to my neural pathways directly inside my head), Apple in their infinite wisdom decided that Cochlear deaf people would absolutely love having all alerts, trills, chirps, and incoming phone call ringing to be directly inside the neural pathways of their head and at an increased intolerable sound level.

The sound level I would imagine a hearing person would suffer being right besides Big Ben as it was chiming 12 o’clock.

It turns out that there is no option to turn this facility off. I get a lot of spam phone calls and before the update I didn’t hear them because I cannot hear a phone ringing.

Put it this way, a hammer was an option yesterday...

Going on the Apple forum, I find many absolutely demented Cochlear Implant people...

Actually I am not kidding on the hammer option. I have been struggling all week with the fall out this latest IOS update has caused my total dependence on technology.

I was all day going through every setting to try and shut the **** thing off. Yes I turned Bluetooth off, it is not meant to connect anything to my Cochlear Sound Processor if Bluetooth is off. But it is bypassing Bluetooth even if it is off and sending a pile of unwanted unwarranted loads sounds directly into my head. I was trying Apple Forum suggestions. And notifications are turned off too, bit something is bypassing and adding to that too. Hence I was so wound up sleep was not an option.

I won’t bore you with every hearing problem this IOS update caused me, otherwise this post will be all day in the writing.

This is one Cochlear problem I never foresaw. And if I had, then I would never have got this Cochlear Implant done.

Cochlear themselves say on their webpage that this is an Apple problem, so get in touch with Apple and not Cochlear. What a cop out. They make a big thing on their promotional site about their collaboration with Apple.

Sorry, this is developing into a full blown rant. I had better stop now.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg....7.6

But I do have a major problem, hence me not being able to sleep. The latest IOS update has has rendered my iPhone approaching useless in regards to compatibility to my Cochlear Speech Processor.

Amongst other problems it has caused with my Speech Processor (it attaches to my head via a magnet and all sound is delivered straight to my neural pathways directly inside my head), Apple in their infinite wisdom decided that Cochlear deaf people would absolutely love having all alerts, trills, chirps, and incoming phone call ringing to be directly inside the neural pathways of their head and at an increased intolerable sound level.

The sound level I would imagine a hearing person would suffer being right besides Big Ben as it was shining 12 o’clock.

It turns out that there is no option to turn this facility off. I get a lot of spam phone calls and before the update I didn’t hear them because I cannot hear a phone ringing.

Going on the Apple forum, I find many absolutely demented Cochlear Implant people...

Actually I am not kidding on the hammer option. I have been struggling all week with the fall out this latest IOS update has caused my total dependence on technology.

I was all day going through every setting to try and shut the **** thing off. Yes I turned Bluetooth off, it is not meant to connect anything to my Cochlear Sound Processor if Bluetooth is off. But it is bypassing Bluetooth even if it is off and sending a pile of unwanted unwarranted loads sounds directly into my head. I was trying Apple Forum suggestions. And notifications are turned off too, bit something is bypassing that too. Hence I was so wound up sleep was not an option.

I won’t bore you with every hearing problem this IOS update caused me, otherwise this post will be all day in the writing.

This is one Cochlear problem I never foresaw. And if I had, then I would never have got this Cochlear Implant done.

Cochlear themselves say on their webpage that this is an Apple problem, so get in touch with Apple and not Cochlear. What a cop out. They make a big thing on their promotional site about their collaboration with Apple.

Wow, what a nightmare for you. Hugs don't even come close. Does your implant work with android or are you all Apple as it were? Just to amplify our differences, Julie likes Apple and I see them as the spawn of Satan.

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The issue wasn't as apparent when we were both working. Julie often worked until late and I was marking until small hours - both needed to be up early for commute, boys to school. In summer now I can garden, dog walk or attend to chickens (when not inside foxes) early. When there is live sport on tv - cricket mainly - all ok in winter. The best way to handle early waking for me is exercise but the tamsulosin lowers blood pressure and causes dizzines so I am working around that just now and need Julie as a spotter until I have worked out what I can do safely.

That is very problematic @ianpspurs
I feel for you.
Hard to find a way round that safely, especially with the dark winter hours.

I too am an early gardener For me it sets a better mood for the rest of the day.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...slowly returning back to normal after a truly frantic week...I'd still be in bed if it weren't for a visitor expected at 09:30...washing on...house relatively tidy...there is a huge pile of paperwork sitting on the end of the table staring me down...I've told it nothing gets done before more coffee...woke to a 6.4

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, what a nightmare for you. Hugs don't even come close. Does your implant work with android or are you all Apple as it were? Just to amplify our differences, Julie likes Apple and I see them as the spawn of Satan.

I am all Apple as it were. There are some earlier Android devices that it is compatible with, but the compatibility is not full compatibility.

At the moment it is just about exclusively Apple for full compatibility and controlling my speech Processor.

Research yesterday showed me that Cochlear are supposed to be developing a more Android compatibility, but it will only be for certain Android devices, and then to get that my Cochlear Speech Processor will need a software upgrade..,

This is hell on earth and a nightmare.

I agree Apple is the spawn of Satan....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 after an Indian t/a so thats acceptable. Sorry for the lack of sleep @gennepher @SaskiaKC @ianpspurs dont know how you manage that. You must get very tired later in the day. I guess sleep when you can is all you can do. Great emoji of counting sheep. @gennepher that tech fault sounds horrendous and by the sound of it theres no getting away from it. You shouldnt have to put up with that is there anything that can be done? Sending you a bottomless pit of hugs. @HarryBeau sounds like a manic week hope things are calmer this coming one. Try to enjoy Sunday.
@Muddy Cyclist glad the party was so enjoyable and great FBG.
Still raining here yesterday was dark all day and wet. Only ventured out for necessary supplies and got wet. Hope a good Sunday is had by all. Stay well, stay safe.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fbg....7.6

The sound level I would imagine a hearing person would suffer being right besides Big Ben as it was chiming 12 o’clock.

I was all day going through every setting to try and shut the **** thing off. Yes I turned Bluetooth off, it is not meant to connect anything to my Cochlear Sound Processor if Bluetooth is off. But it is bypassing Bluetooth even if it is off and sending a pile of unwanted unwarranted loads sounds directly into my head. I was trying Apple Forum suggestions. And notifications are turned off too, bit something is bypassing and adding to that too. Hence I was so wound up sleep was not an option.

Hugs gennepher x

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning one and all. After 4 and a half hours sleep a 5.5 starts my day.

Reading the posts there's going to be a lot of yawning going on by many sleepless, tired members today, hugs for you all. @gennepher what a nightmare you are going through with Apple devices, I was a software developer most of my working life and can't Help wondering why on earth Apple's software developers didn't think to write in a turn off option? Madness!

Wet and rainy hear but no worries a house tidy and relax day after a Birthday Party that went wonderfully well.

Be good keep safe one and all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sounds like a manic week hope things are calmer this coming one. Try to enjoy Sunday.
I have a quick appointment at home PM then if needed I'll go out to work...off for a few days on the 21st so me Georgia & Olivia are off to Battersea to rescue a cat or two...in my work I have to strike when the iron is hot...the evening jobs mean it takes just over an hour to get home...so perfect for me...enjoy your weekend.

Reactions: dogslife

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning one and all. After 4 and a half hours sleep a 5.5 starts my day.

Reading the posts there's going to be a lot of yawning going on by many sleepless, tired members today, hugs for you all. @gennepher what a nightmare you are going through with Apple devices, I was a software developer most of my working life and can't Help wondering why on earth Apple's software developers didn't think to write in a turn off option? Madness!

Wet and rainy hear but no worries a house tidy and relax day after a Birthday Party that went wonderfully well.

Be good keep safe one and all.

Yes there should be a turn off option.
It is rediculous.
Have a good day.

Reactions: HarryBeau