Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'll need to apologise to the guinea-pigs tomorrow, I ate their green bell peppers.
Was going to go shopping and cooking today but didn't feel like it. Freezer had some sausages, fridge a piece of feta cheese and some leftover creme fraiche that smelled and looked still good after spooning out the part where the dirty spoon had gone in earlier in the week (and giving that bit to the cat for a double check. Cat said it was fine). The only veggies I had were a couple of onions and those bell peppers meant for the guinea-pigs though.
Friendly neighbour cut the onions for me. I tried but deemed it too dangerous with my left hand. Cutting the peppers went well, so I made a very nice pepper onion soup with pieces of sausage to act like soup balls and oven baked feta on top :hungry:
I love cooking with what I can find, and it didn't even need insulin!
But I will feel so guilty tomorrow when feeding the guinea-pigs, and it won't be until late afternoon that I'll get to buy them new veggies.
Be honest @Antje77 they won't know. Much better to have food in you

Reactions: Marie 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
But I will feel so guilty tomorrow when feeding the guinea-pigs, and it won't be until late afternoon that I'll get to buy them new veggies.
I guess I need to pass your "hug" rating to the guinea-pigs tomorrow, right, @Marie 2 ?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Be honest @Antje77 they won't know.
Yes they will. They will be squeecking and whistling below my kitchen window as soon as I enter the kitchen, expecting yummy things to come down from the window...

(edit: Scueacking? Sqeeking? Squeacking? What word is this? Can't get it right :bookworm:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I go away for a few weeks with no internet assess and a lot of people have changed their names - have I missed something?

Seems to be, but I am keeping my name :) Good evening Daphne :)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Antje77 Well, the hug was for the fact you still can't use your hand well.

But the poor guinea pigs, taking their cherished food..........................

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 Well, the hug was for the fact you still can't use your hand well.

Thank you! Slowly getting better but still no clue what's wrong with it. Looking forward to the ultrasound come tuesday, even if it doesn't tell us anything it will be real cool to see the inside of my hand :)
But the poor guinea pigs, taking their cherished food..........................
I know! I may try cutting some grass for them, they love that as well, but I have my doubts on using scissors or clippers.

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, looks like another yuck one.
I had some very weird dreams last night and can still remember odd bits of them but I'm not into dream analysis so shan't try to get any meaning from them.
My BG is as silly as my weight. Here's to another week and another self-promise, it will come down:hungry:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kim Possible .
What’s with this working week? Holiday time up here in the East Mids. Chilling out today.
Was in kitchen doing the obligatory basal in the butt injection when the roofers turned up. Don’t know who was most surprised. Me looking out or them looking in.:)
Gonna do the guys sausage and onions cobs in awhile then me and oh will try and squeeze a lunch out if possible.
Skipped breakfast today in anticipation of a wholesome lunch. Still required 4 Novorapid to counteract feet on floor.
For those of you at work, have a good day.
For those not at work, have an even gooder day.:)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, Friday I was feeling 'heady', Saturday awoke with full on 'man flu' - OK so it was just a cold, it didn't stop me doing anything but was glad daughters football match had been cancelled the night before - standing in the rain watching them loose 5-0 probably wouldn't have done me any good, did the pharmacist run around trying to locate latest prescription for testing strips, no one had it, but Boots had received my usual monthly one, tablets and strips and did that for me (so todays task is to speak to someone sensible at my GPs surgery to find out where it is), had friend round saturday and cooked a curry, apart from the cold Sunday went as planned and a very nice day it was too. Sister, Pub, came back to the smell of a roast pork dinner, ate, 'stuffed', reminisced - I think Dad would have liked his birthday.

BGs have been troublesome, what with the cold and probably over indulging.

This morning woke feeling relatively well! and on a 7.something :woot:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip. I think the sniffles have been doing the rounds recently. I had them for about 48 hrs end of last week, nothing bad just more inconvenience.
Was only saying last week that since moving house and GP’s finally my repeat prescriptions are becoming hassle free.
Not a big fan of Well pharmacies but credit where it’s due. The current pharmacy are starting to prove to be quite good. I seem to have made a friend of the main pharmacist, we have a chat and joke. It all seems to help. Originally I had to give them 24 hrs notice prior to collecting my prescription, nowadays it’s ready when I go in. It all helps relieve some of those little annoyances that type 1 throws our way.
Have a good week bro.:)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, nothing much to tell. Blood sugar just doing what it wants, but mostly within reasonable boundaries, rather than anything too unacceptable.

I don't mess around with getting my prescriptions delivered direct to pharmacies, I just don't trust anyone in the chain enough. Though the doctor is just round the corner so I just drop a repeat prescription request off on my way to the shops when I need to. So it's minimal effort, if it were more effort I might try these methods.

Have a good day, everyone.

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Monday morning again, the weekend flies by. Sold out of the Iced coffee at 1.30pm yesterday, good for Sainsbury's, but a quiet afternoon for me.
School run done, but we had to take the scenic route back home, as there was an accident on the A road and the tailback was huge ! down a country lane, very wet weather, driver had to put his brakes on as a deer was on the road, it was so close, but startled and manged to jump back through the hedge and into the field, it looked so beautiful.:)
Rain is easing up a little, but need to get on with some house cleaning, wont take long to long, then lunch :hungry:
Hope you all have a great start to the week :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh and other news, it's PC Andrew Harpers funeral today so half the city is closed down - big (as in BIG!) police presence (well in fact I've never seen so many police in one place anywhere before) although on my route into work this morning the traffic wasn't bad, suspect the other half of the city was struggling - sadly I had to walk half my usual cycle route because of the road closures - I'd hoped they'd allow cyclists during rush hour but not. Hope it all goes well today (He lived in the town I grew up in)

Reactions: SueJB

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
.........when it's lunchtime in the office and you realise that even though you reminded yourself to replenish your stock of needles before leaving home in the morning, you didn't actually do it :banghead::( (where's the hungry emoji?)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
.........when it's lunchtime in the office and you realise that even though you reminded yourself to replenish your stock of needles before leaving home in the morning, you didn't actually do it :banghead::( (where's the hungry emoji?)
Ouch, that *****.

Reactions: urbanracer