What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

So I am pleased it is going down again. Especially as I was up for 6 hours in the middle of the night. I got into the flow of researching about Android and possible compatible Androids to my Cochlear Speech Processor Nucleus7, that would definitely be supported by Google and Cochlear. And would get Android updates for the foreseeable future. As well as take Cochlear upgrades to my Processor. And still have a jackplug. It then got a bit technical by midnight, and while my brain was fully into this, I carried on while I was in the flow. Went to sleep happy at 4:30 am!

My brain for some reason is fully hyper functional in the wee small hours.

So, going to check out best plans now. And they seem to be half the price that I am paying now for my wrecked unusable iPhone and wrecked compatibility with my Speech Processor with this latest IOS upgrade. And the plan includes the phone.

I am pretty certain I am going for the choice I have made, but I need to handle it first. And see what it sounds like. If the sound is awful for me I may need to rethink. And the salesperson could even offer me a better plan.

Why do you need a jackplug socket I can see you wondering? Because I have a lot of stuff that allows me connectivity via a jackplug, as well as Cochlear equipment for microphone, speaker, a loop system for hearing in a group situation etc. And with all phones getting rid of the jackplug socket I need to get a new phone before the jackplug socket. disappears entirely.

Having an adapter jackplug, which they are giving out now, is no good for me because, as my hearing is so bad even with this Cochlear Implant (even though it is a vast improvement on hearing nothing) the adapter jackplug degrades the available sound I hear into something useless. So I need a dedicated jackplug socket in a device.

I feel a lot calmer and happier now I have done all this research, even though I am tired.

The poor phone salesperson is not going to know what’s hit them when I go in (in a few days) with all my questions and equipment to see if it is all fully compatible with the Android phone I have selected...

So all of you have an amazing wonderful happy incredible fantastic best Monday you have ever had. And hugs for all of you with tests and stuff. And hugs for those of you who don’t feel so good.
And hugs for everyone...

I am going in my garden when I have drunk my coffee!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

So I am pleased it is going down again. Especially as I was up for 6 hours in the middle of the night. I got into the flow of researching about Android and possible compatible Androids to my Cochlear Speech Processor Nucleus7, that would definitely be supported by Google and Cochlear. And would get Android updates for the foreseeable future. As well as take Cochlear upgrades to my Processor. And still have a jackplug. It then got a bit technical by midnight, and while my brain was fully into this, I carried on while I was in the flow. Went to sleep happy at 4:30 am!

So, going to check out best plans now. And they seem to be half the price that I am paying now for my wrecked unusable iPhone and wrecked compatibility with my Speech Processor with this latest IOS upgrade. And the plan includes the phone.

I am pretty certain I am going for the choice I have made, but I need to handle it first. And see what it sounds like. If the sound is awful for me I may need to rethink. And the salesperson could even offer me a better plan.

Why do you need a jackplug socket I can see you wondering? Because I have a lot of stuff that allows me connectivity via a jackplug, as well as Cochlear equipment for microphone, speaker, a loop system for hearing in a group situation etc. And with all phones getting rid of the jackplug socket I need to get a new phone before the jackplug socket. disappears entirely.

Having an adapter jackplug, which they are giving out now, is no good for me because, as my hearing is so bad even with this Cochlear Implant (even though it is a vast improvement on hearing nothing) the adapter jackplug degrades the available sound I hear into something useless. So I need a dedicated jackplug socket in a device.

I feel a lot calmer and happier now I have done all this research, even though I am tired.

The poor phone salesperson is not going to know what’s hit them when I go in (in a few days) with all my questions and equipment to see if it is all fully compatible with the Android phone I have selected...

So all of you have an amazing wonderful happy incredible fantastic best Monday you have ever had. And hugs for all of you with tests and stuff. And hugs for those of you who don’t feel so good.
And hugs for everyone...

Enjoy your coffee and garden time. A remarkably upbeat post showcasing your tenacity and indomitable spirit. Hug for the lost sleep researching all that but sounds optimistic.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 at 07.30 so I am enjoying my tea more than of late.
@OldButBold sorry you are feeling so rough maybe you should see the doc today. Sending hugs. @HarryBeau hope all goes well at the Clinic and you have a calmer week. @gennepher hope its possible to find some relief from the ‘noise’. @SaskiaKC that macbook story is really scary glad its now languishing in the basement.
Well guess what its raining again, could be worse looking at Japan yesterday. Nice coffee meet up with friend today. Try and enjoy or get through Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Enjoy your coffee and garden time. A remarkably upbeat post showcasing your tenacity and indomitable spirit. Hug for the lost sleep researching all that but sounds optimistic.

Thank you very much @ianpspurs for the compliment.

I learnt long ago that when I faced problems to leap back in with action, come up with a plan or two, work out what I can to the best of my ability (even it may not be a perfect solution but something else will transpire) and then get on with life. I see no point in wasting valuable precious living time being miserable.

You have a good day Ian. Take care.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. Over-indulged with the cream yesterday. When I do this it always messes up my BS for at least 24 hours - even though I keep to the 20g carbs.

I think I was feeling a bit fed up as Sundays are my day off and we I love our walks around the lovely countryside and it was so wet again yesterday. So today I am upping my game and the cream is back being strictly rationed.

We did go out to the shops in our little market town yesterday. I have a lovely purple Rohan waterproof coat and I saw a lovely purple knitted hat that matched it perfectly. Have been looking for 4 years for a hat that matched it so was really pleased.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...anti-coagulant clinic today at 9am...ooh I so wanted to stay in bed...coffee time hoping it will give me the impetus to at least get ready...I expect my INR levels to be all over the place this week work has been frantic...I missed one dose of Warfarin & had my flu jab so expecting the worse...we shall see...woke to a 6.2
Hope clinic visit goes well.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold sorry you are feeling so rough maybe you should see the doc today. Sending hugs.

Changing an appointment is an imprisonable offence at my surgery, "She who cannot be stared down" would have me on the rack in minutes ;)

More seriously, the choking cough is part and parcel of COPD, especially with infection. I know it's not curable and one day might finish me off, that's the way of it. Until then I, like other sufferers, learn how to breathe very slowly when under duress. Sounds worse when I write it down ;)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
m19066.gif
t0807.gif
Cracking up, hilariously funny!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Started my mammoth catch up session last night. To be continued tonight as another busy day.

Just spotted @gennepher and @SaskiaKC latest contributions to the thread and almost spat my coffee and cream out! The bishop swinging his insense!!!! You two need your own show. It would go down a treat. You are like a double act. Thank you once again for starting my day off with not just a smile but a belly laugh!!!

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

And hugs for everyone...

Wonderful, upbeat, post - hope your plan works out for you

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are avoiding the media today.

A well behaved 5.8 for me and me's this morning.

Well folks who said " you've earnt your retirement, sit down and relax " bloody idiot. Retirement is hard work.
Must go.
Have a great day, stay dry and be nice to a traffic warden.

Lillyse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up with 5.0. Happy happy after having two days with ridiculous readings (12-19 even with big correction doses, my single 5ish reading came after a long bike ride) which I found out to be the insulins fault. It had gone bad for some reason. Scary and annoying, but nice to know it wasn't something wrong with my body :rolleyes:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Changing an appointment is an imprisonable offence at my surgery, "She who cannot be stared down" would have me on the rack in minutes ;)

More seriously, the choking cough is part and parcel of COPD, especially with infection. I know it's not curable and one day might finish me off, that's the way of it. Until then I, like other sufferers, learn how to breathe very slowly when under duress. Sounds worse when I write it down ;)
im the same oldbutbold i have a constant cough as i myself have copd so know exactly what you mean x

Reactions: SaskiaKC

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trying to make an appointment at mine is almost a capital offence...it's now five weeks for a routine appointment...hope those symptoms will ease OBB...it must be more difficult with this weather...cold damp here.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Major hugs to you, @gennepher , not a big fan of apple, overpriced, well packaged ideas stolen from others.
nice to see the chinese giving them a taste of their own medicine..

How could something SO important AND personal, be such a miserable experience due to an update.
(the sheer thought of all that unwanted sound,. in you head, how awful.)

Hope someone arrives with an agreeable update or solution asap.

Sound like your birthday shindig, was a HUGE success, @Muddy Cyclist

@PenguinMum ..rather a nice score given the indian takeaway..

@mojo37 , missing today from our merry gang, hope all is well,
and your just busy enjoying the Sunday

And all you too early gang, sympathies, best wishes for a peaceful nights sleep this evening.
and @ianpspurs sounds the reverse of me and Lauren.
i could go well into the evening, next morning once up.
Thanks jjraak yes didn't get on the net yesterday did a 13 hr shift and didn't get round to logging on :)
Lauren is more inclined to slip into a coma come 10pm
the Am is the opposite, she's up and at em, 5 am..me..naw..bleary eyed until at least 8am.

And @trick60 , haribo here too when i first read it out, know better now .and mmhh..
M15..good shout,
OP a Wheel man for some large Crime syndicate...( you seen that jam jar ? :***:;))
( Lots of nefarious types about that time of the late evening.:D )
OR is SHE the Caped Crusader..:wideyed:

and last but not least @geefull

So NICE to see you back on the board.
Not the nicest of weeks i'll bet, yet the scores held up well.
well disciplined, i'd say.

take care all.
best wishes to all that it missed.