Slow Cooker

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just bought a slow cooker. Could someone please point me in the right direction for low-carb recipes? The search button hasn't been much use. :banghead:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just bought a slow cooker. Could someone please point me in the right direction for low-carb recipes? The search button hasn't been much use. :banghead:
I just don’t add much at all in the way of carbs to the pot. Maybe some low carb vedge. Or a lowish carb sauce. With of course cuts of meat or mince. Yes the slow cooker is a great device and one I depend on a lot.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just tried a google search for 'slow cooker low carb' and it came up with lots of results :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: nirishdaisy

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just tried a google search for 'slow cooker low carb' and it came up with lots of results :)

It just totally confused me. I suffer with depression and trying to get through all options lost me. I appreciate the help.

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did a forum search for 'slow cooker recipes' and got 4 pages of results, centred around a few threads.
This one (one of the oldest) looked the most promising
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/your-favourite-slow-cookpot-recipes.64777/
and https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...has-been-condemned.159924/page-2#post-1954493

You can also do a general google search for slow cooker low carb recipes - and it is pretty amazing what can turn up. :)

Thank you so much. Got to nip out, then I'll get on to these. Shopping day tomorrow so need the ideas.

As I said above doing a google search just took me round in circles. I look forward to this new way of cooking, a new interest!!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It just totally confused me. I suffer with depression and trying to get through all options lost me. I appreciate the help.
I always say that a slow cooker can turn a useless cook (me) into a cordon blue chef. Well not quite. But it has helped me enormously, especially with saving on time.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, I get it. Wish I had a slow cooker, then I had posted my favourite recipe for you!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am cooking a chicken and vegetable casserole in my slow cooker, I love it, good for soups too.

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I always say that a slow cooker can turn a useless cook (me) into a cordon blue chef. Well not quite. But it has helped me enormously, especially with saving on time.

Hope it turns me into a better cook!! Mornings are better for me, by mid afternoon I'm flagging, so hoping by preparing meals and leaving to cook it'll help a lot.

D

Deleted member 308541

@nirishdaisy I cook all sorts of stuff in mine, here's some pix of low carb food.

Corned silverside.

NOc2H7c.jpg

Marinated chook drumsticks cooked in it.

WPn6m5H.jpg

Chicken and veggies,

xatbOVf.jpg

Ox tail goes well in the pot.

aV8zwvD.jpg

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@nirishdaisy I cook all sorts of stuff in mine, here's some pix of low carb food.

Corned silverside.

NOc2H7c.jpg

Marinated chook drumsticks cooked in it.

WPn6m5H.jpg

Chicken and veggies,

xatbOVf.jpg

Ox tail goes well in the pot.

aV8zwvD.jpg

Ohhh - that silverside looks good, as does the chicken. I'm just googling now how to cook it!! You want to see the pages I have opened on my pc. Better start printing some off.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Slow cooked meat joints are so tender cooked in a slow cooker, but I haven't cooked these for a little while now.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you don’t mind sweeteners, a gammon joint cooked in orange Fanta Zero makes for a very tender meal :hungry: (Before Diabetes I used to use apple juice)

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you don’t mind sweeteners, a gammon joint cooked in orange Fanta Zero makes for a very tender meal :hungry: (Before Diabetes I used to use apple juice)

Must try this one. Sounds yummy. :hungry:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Like this idea, thanks @Rachox

nirishdaisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. Yesterday I made gammon in orange fanta zero, very successful. I never knew how hard it would be putting dinner on and walking away!! It's very tempting to keep having a peek, especially when you have no idea how it is doing. Today we had lamb pieces, with carrot, onion, and leek. Absolutely delicious. Will definitely be making both again.