What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. Kept the cream under control yesterday and BS were in the 5s all day so fbs should drop back to the 5s soon. Roadworks finished so I had a lovely relaxing drive home last night listening to my favourite music.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey a day when fbs actually is valid. 5.4 this morning. Think today I’m off to visit grandmother. Also thinking of going to do a surprise visit/spot check on alcoholic father as I know he skipped work yesterday (my mother is on holiday), expecting to find him in the pub mind.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning, back to the docs although I'm not sure what else he can do. We'll see, enjoy the day ;)

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Curate's egg of a morning personally and for other posters here. @Muddy Cyclist hug for the cold and lack of sleep - I hope all disperses before the gig. @trick60 nice start and good weather forecast (just looked up dates of Goose Fair this year since I thought it was about now - realised it has gone). My bg was 5.9 this am and weight up to a place it has no business climbing unto. My relationship to LC is purely transactional ( for bg and weight purposes) and at times like this it feels very wrong. So to cuffing season which became a thing while I was distracted. It appears a few millenials and generation z may enter equally unfulfilling relationships just to see them through autumn and winter. I may be on trend for once. Enjoy your day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone. Just starting to get light, nice and quiet, mug of tea.

The wonder wheel of train journeys and meeting up with friends issued a bright, sparkling 4.9 this am.

Our little gang Daan Saaf are heading west this morning to meet even more friends, this time by chauffeur driven dustbin lorry to the land of Bernard Lovell and Elizabeth Blackwell. Sugar-free, low-carb cake has been mentioned. Compromising glimpses of strawberries, cream and a bit of almond bases cake-like substance have been seen in a sort of Question of Sport quiz like montage in order to titillate the taste buds. Hope there are large spoons rather than child sized cake forks.

Have a wonderful day if you can, make some low carb cake if you can’t.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

chilly here this morning, concomitant with the season I expect, we're off out to the bank today and we're taking mum to her bank too (it's two different towns now :hilarious: ), we'll have a bit of a browse and some lunch whilst we're out to make it a bit of an outing ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

chilly here this morning, concomitant with the season I expect, we're off out to the bank today and we're taking mum to her bank too (it's two different towns now :hilarious: ), we'll have a bit of a browse and some lunch whilst we're out to make it a bit of an outing ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)
Never mind the outstanding bg you win for concomitant. Promise never to stop posting here and your sponge recipe morphed perfectly into a very acceptable lc h/c bun substitute. In an uncertain world the more @geefull's we can get the better.

Reactions: mojo37

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and it is 7:54 am, I needed to out of the house and gone by 8:00am, drat late again.

5.3 this morning

Have a great day if you can and if you can't still have a great day.

Yours and yours and late again.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Roadworks finished so I had a lovely relaxing drive home last night listening to my favourite music.
Working so late has it advantages for me too Krystyna...driving down the A1(M) with virtually no traffic...music up foot down I was home in just over an hour & ten minutes.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...in bed by 11pm last night straight off to sleep...a quick pit-stop at 03:30 then back to sleep until 07:30 I needed that...must finish off my paperwork today...so much of it more than two thirds through it so not as daunting as it first seemed...this coffee is good...another pot then some invoicing...woke to a 5.9

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today and anticipating a very non eventful day staying in with Dennis - he’s only allowed out for toilet breaks. He keeps trying to bounce around in his usual way but then stopping promptly and sitting down when he realises it hurts.
@Fndwheelie hope all goes well today, alcoholism is a horrible disease, it’s effects on the people around them can be just as devastating as to the drinker themselves. Take care

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey a day when fbs actually is valid. 5.4 this morning. Think today I’m off to visit grandmother. Also thinking of going to do a surprise visit/spot check on alcoholic father as I know he skipped work yesterday (my mother is on holiday), expecting to find him in the pub mind.
Bg is good so no hug for that. Hug for difficult family issues. Just have to admire the essential humanity and tenacity evident in your posts. Eternally grateful all I need to do to learn about the nobility of humankind is to read the journeys of some members rather than go through them myself. Of no practical use to you and others I know but huge respect.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mornng All. Slept in till 8 and got 5.6. First dry day for ages and the tree surgeon has cancelled again failed truck this time! Hugs to @Muddy Cyclist and @OldButBold hope you each start to turn the corner pronto. @gennepher I too use my meter less mainly BG on rising, before lunch and before supper so I can tailor what I eat. A line in the sand for me is to be 5 before supper, otherwise its not a good day. Of course in the first 6 months or so I used it a lot more. Apart from the reassurance that gave me I was also learning which foods in which quantities I could tolerate. We are all different but we are all doing our best to make this work. For me the comraderie and support I get on this thread is absolutely vital and I thank each and every one of you. Speech over, sorry to gush.
@SaskiaKC hope you wake to a better day today and the KC has learned to bring you coffee in bed. Have a great Tuesday all. Stay/get well, stay safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold hope you each start to turn the corner pronto.

Thank you PM, unfortunately the doc has put me on steroids for another week and more antib's. Also added a Cletus inhaler which, I believe, is a mask. All in all, not really progress but I ain't dead yet :)

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mornng All. Slept in till 8 and got 5.6. First dry day for ages and the tree surgeon has cancelled again failed truck this time! Hugs to @Muddy Cyclist and @OldButBold hope you each start to turn the corner pronto. @gennepher I too use my meter less mainly BG on rising, before lunch and before supper so I can tailor what I eat. A line in the sand for me is to be 5 before supper, otherwise its not a good day. Of course in the first 6 months or so I used it a lot more. Apart from the reassurance that gave me I was also learning which foods in which quantities I could tolerate. We are all different but we are all doing our best to make this work. For me the comraderie and support I get on this thread is absolutely vital and I thank each and every one of you. Speech over, sorry to gush.
@SaskiaKC hope you wake to a better day today and the KC has learned to bring you coffee in bed. Have a great Tuesday all. Stay/get well, stay safe.

I like to be in the low 5s before dinner too - or high 5s if I’m in a raised bg phase. It does make me miserable if I don’t get there. Funny how much that little ( or sometimes not so little) number can affect our mood.
Completely agree with you about the camaraderie and support on here.

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like to be in the low 5s before dinner too - or high 5s if I’m in a raised bg phase. It does make me miserable if I don’t get there. Funny how much that little ( or sometimes not so little) number can affect our mood.
Completely agree with you about the camaraderie and support on here.
How is Dennis today and how was your night?

Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher