Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Ah, now this is enlightening. It's not me, it's you guys!
27656989_1374736152638011_7539646461594421950_n.png
I was born in "bap" land but we called it a roll. Studied in Manchester but never bought bread.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Definitely Zucchini here, I had never heard of courgettes. When someone first mentioned them I had to look them up! And I believe pretty much all of the US says cilantro now and not coriander. Although I grew up with using coriander as it's name. I believe Cilantro is now used because it is associated with Mexican food here more and it's the Mexican/Spanish name.

And aubergines are eggplant!

Reactions: SueJB

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely Zucchini here, I had never heard of courgettes. When someone first mentioned them I had to look them up! And I believe pretty much all of the US says cilantro now and not coriander. Although I grew up with using coriander as it's name. I believe Cilantro is now used because it is associated with Mexican food here more and it's the Mexican/Spanish name.

And aubergines are eggplant!
Those are easy. We say courgette (well, I try not to, it's one of the very few foods I really don't like), koriander and aubergine :)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I like zucchini/courgettes. Store bought zucchini noodles with spaghetti sauce and maybe fake meatballs. Spaghetti squash is really good for this too. Stir fried with other squash and margarine. In my vegetable bowls with whatever seasoning at the time. Lol, people actually get quite inventive with them as some years you can grow an uncontrollable amount!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I like zucchini/courgettes. Store bought zucchini noodles with spaghetti sauce and maybe fake meatballs. Spaghetti squash is really good for this too. Stir fried with other squash and margarine. In my vegetable bowls with whatever seasoning at the time. Lol, people actually get quite inventive with them as some years you can grow an uncontrollable amount!
I tried to grow spaghetti squash this year.............. lots of flowers that fell off, no fruit

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
BG is still behaving badly 3.8 on waking, left it and 5.7 half an hour later
Friend the liver!
I'm struggling with The Rotters' Club, Jonathan Coe, I just can't seem to get into it and it's the first in the trilogy and what's more, it's a real book and not one on my Kindle.................... and we've got the full set. Mr B will be disappointed if I don't finish it/them. Ho hum
Our mate came for supper yesterday, coq au vin and mash made by MrB, I made some flourless, sugarless cakes with lemon cream cheese and berries. All very tasty. The cheeses were great Hereford Hop, Black Bomber from Snowdonia and a sharp piece of Caerphilly. Probably having beans and water today.

Have a dry Tuesday

Streather \m/

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ignorant close minded people. Diabetes and its associated maladies (obv..), modern society, rudeness.
Now that I've worked out the posting issues i was having last night.., Has anyone else here had serious problems with the lantus/toujeo glargine family of basal insulin's. I have asked repeatedly to be changed to tresiba as the lantus was exhausting itself within 8 hours of injecting, giving me massive, continuous hypos and not being active the remainder of the 24 hour period, leaving me with massive spikes over a prolonged period that has seriously effected my health. these spikes have always been put down to me not controlling my db properly, which i endeavor to do at (most) times. i was switched to toujeo after researching and finding the problem occurs in a small amount of skinny t1 dbs with lantus although it took 6 different db nurses to listen to me. after reading a forum on this issue it now appears that the issue is with the glargine insulin's requiring to be injected into subcutaneous fat in order to make it long acting, which i mentioned i have not got. I could rant forever on this subject as it has been an inspiration for my rage for months now. anyone else that has experienced these issues, i would be very interested to talk to and hear about their problems/solutions. i intend to go back to my db nurse and reeducate them on this dangerous lack of knowledge and understanding. Lastly, after the first series of db nurses that didn't listen and questioned my sanity, the one that finally listened knew about the issue, although they did not know the reasons as to why it effected skinny t1s. Knowledge is power people, keep the sharing up this site is my new favorite resource, Bless you all :)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Streather \m/ I was on Lantus for years and didn't have too many problems with it, but I have heard of many people that have. I don't think it's just skinny people that have that issue. Tresiba is supposed to be better at stopping having lows. I have a pump now and just on Humalog.

Welcome BTW!!!

Streather \m/

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ignorant close minded people. Diabetes and its associated maladies (obv..), modern society, rudeness.
@Streather \m/ I was on Lantus for years and didn't have too many problems with it, but I have heard of many people that have. I don't think it's just skinny people that have that issue. Tresiba is supposed to be better at stopping having lows. I have a pump now and just on Humalog.

Welcome BTW!!!
Thanks for the welcome :)
the toujeo was supposed to be a stopgap measure to tide me over until i get a pump but the clinic is dragging its heels, its probably down to me being too meek and ill informed when i visit, hopefully speaking and interacting on this forum will arm me with the right mindset and information, not having enough contact with other t1 dbs has always been a major concern for me so with luck being on here will remedy this situation and enrich my life, i hope i can do the same for others as well :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, BGs have been all over the place compared to the other night, a massive drop of 0.5 over night last night - tut!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Now that I've worked out the posting issues i was having last night.., Has anyone else here had serious problems with the lantus/toujeo glargine family of basal insulin's. I have asked repeatedly to be changed to tresiba as the lantus was exhausting itself within 8 hours of injecting, giving me massive, continuous hypos and not being active the remainder of the 24 hour period, leaving me with massive spikes over a prolonged period that has seriously effected my health. these spikes have always been put down to me not controlling my db properly, which i endeavor to do at (most) times. i was switched to toujeo after researching and finding the problem occurs in a small amount of skinny t1 dbs with lantus although it took 6 different db nurses to listen to me. after reading a forum on this issue it now appears that the issue is with the glargine insulin's requiring to be injected into subcutaneous fat in order to make it long acting, which i mentioned i have not got. I could rant forever on this subject as it has been an inspiration for my rage for months now. anyone else that has experienced these issues, i would be very interested to talk to and hear about their problems/solutions. i intend to go back to my db nurse and reeducate them on this dangerous lack of knowledge and understanding. Lastly, after the first series of db nurses that didn't listen and questioned my sanity, the one that finally listened knew about the issue, although they did not know the reasons as to why it effected skinny t1s. Knowledge is power people, keep the sharing up this site is my new favorite resource, Bless you all :)
when i was first diagnosed i was on lantus and it never lasted the full 24 hours for me and i used to get loads of nighttime hypos when on it ,i am now on tresiba and find this does last the full 24 hrs and its a much flatter profile .