What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 7.0 this morning, down from 7.3 which I sent back. I feel much better this morning than I did yesterday morning. Thank you all for the hugs! I started feeling well enough yesterday afternoon to walk to the grocery store to buy cat food and consult with the pharmacist about Lisinopril.

source.gif

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you PM, unfortunately the doc has put me on steroids for another week and more antib's. Also added a Cletus inhaler which, I believe, is a mask. All in all, not really progress but I ain't dead yet :)
Poor you that really is a nasty infection. Dont like the sound of the mask though some might say a mask would suit me o_O. Do take care.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Poor you that really is a nasty infection. Dont like the sound of the mask though some might say a mask would suit me o_O. Do take care.

I asked the chemist if I could have a black mask, with my black hoodie on I can definitly do Darth Vader for Halloween :)

The lady at the chemist said "Oh be interesting to see what Harrison looks like in his mask"
So I just sent her this...

hf.jpg

Ok ok, he's not as good looking as me :);)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 at 7.50am (late night strawberries, cream and oppo, just felt a bit peckish and wanted something sweet)
5.8 at 8.14am
Coffee n cream for breaky to balance things out a bit.

Taking hubby away for 2 days to Birmingham so started out at local beautiful Stanley Park for brunch. Chicken n chorizo salad with feta cheese. Did a couple of jobs that needed doing prior and made a couple of essential calls. Then we hit the road.

What a morning! My new PA (hubby !!!) got a couple of things wrong. Managed to sort in car driving down to Brum. Decided to give him his p45 anyway :) to which he said 'don't bother I quit!!' (How rude). Then I realised I depend on this man! So I needed to come up with a plan, and quick!

I now have a plan! We are in Birmingham for 2 days. Window shopping for motorhome ideas. When we find design we like we buy older jalopy type version in a couple of years and the world is our oyster. Travel blog heaven!!!

Plan a.
Let him pick the style he wants (gulp, his taste needs much guidance)

Plan b
Plough him with drink tonight over dinner and get him to sign withdrawal agreement. Withdraw his resignation. This is my preferred option. Let's hope it's not as challenging (or as lengthy) as EU withdrawal!!!

Joking aside, we have booked in at a lovely airbnb. £31. Bargain. Spotless. En suite. Hospitality tray (with biscuits for hubby, I've bought choccy for me). Microwave! Lots of eateries down the road mainly Indians so when in Rome ....eat curry! Bet they dont do cauliflower rice. Sadly. But I'm sure I will find something suitable. Fingers crossed. Oh and apparently the one recommended let's you bring your own booze! Win win.

Attachments

• 20191015_123901_resized.jpg
    20191015_123901_resized.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 20191015_154727_resized.jpg
    20191015_154727_resized.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 20191015_172858_resized.jpg
    20191015_172858_resized.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 236

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How is Dennis today and how was your night?

Thank you for asking. He’s been very drowsy and confused still - he’s on a lot of painkillers. I’m still having to carry him out to the toilet but he’s eating well which is the main thing, and the little babygro is stopping him biting or scratching at the stitches. He had a good night and we’ve just stayed in being very calm today. It’s odd being able to leave a book or my slippers on the floor and not have him immediately scampering off with them!
Mr C is taking him for his post op check tomorrow as I’m away with youngest daughter for a spa break she’s treating me to. Not the best timing but it was all booked ages ago. He’ll be fine I know, but I wish I wasn’t going tomorrow.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for asking. He’s been very drowsy and confused still - he’s on a lot of painkillers. I’m still having to carry him out to the toilet but he’s eating well which is the main thing, and the little babygro is stopping him biting or scratching at the stitches. He had a good night and we’ve just stayed in being very calm today. It’s odd being able to leave a book or my slippers on the floor and not have him immediately scampering off with them!
Mr C is taking him for his post op check tomorrow as I’m away with youngest daughter for a spa break she’s treating me to. Not the best timing but it was all booked ages ago. He’ll be fine I know, but I wish I wasn’t going tomorrow.
Good to hear he is as well as can be. The young of any species recover well. Hope his check up is good. Enjoy your spa break with your daughter I am sure Mr C and other family members will take good care of little Dennis.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez re Plan B you should have gone to Brussels bet they never thought of getting drunk lol ;). I have found Tandoori King Prawns or chicken (the dry spicd one) with cauli bhajee is ok for me. Beware the popadoms, one is absolutely the limit!! Hope you and Eric have a lovely couple of days.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I asked the chemist if I could have a black mask, with my black hoodie on I can definitly do Darth Vader for Halloween :)

The lady at the chemist said "Oh be interesting to see what Harrison looks like in his mask"
So I just sent her this...

View attachment 36246

Ok ok, he's not as good looking as me :);)
Oh hope it isnttoo uncomfortable. I had areal crush on HF in that era but my though I loved the first Star Wars films it was in Witness that he made my legs tremble.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh hope it isnttoo uncomfortable. I had areal crush on HF in that era but my though I loved the first Star Wars films it was in Witness that he made my legs tremble.

Me too and I also loved him in The Frisco Kid. :D

@DJC3 the spa day sounds like exactly the break you need. Young Dennis will be fine, it will be a boys' day and Mr C will take good care of him.

@Debandez I will take Cat Number 20, please .... Oh, wait .... Sorry, the KittenCat says Oh no I won't ... Sorry .... ^. .^

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know this is a fasting blood thread so apologies for inflicting late evening reading. Mr Dracula gave me a score of 8 after evening meal, whilst pre meal reading was 4.8. The total amount of carbs today was less than 15 grams and tonight's meal was Cauliflower Cheese and Bacon, Lunch a Chicken Salad and so the mysteries of Blood Sugar levels continue to frustrate and annoy, could be my cold causing it I suppose.

What I have noticed now and other times is when my readings go over 7.5 I start to feel unwell, ache, numbness in the lips, sore eyes, salty taste on lips, tiredness and lethargic. What I don't know is does the Higher reading make me feel this way or does feeling this way cause my higher blood readings? Quite a conundrum!

So another night ahead of me sitting up to sleep as my cold is not improving just changing in character.

Good night one and all, sorry for the moan, hugs to all feeling under the weather, see you in the morning.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know this is a fasting blood thread so apologies for inflicting late evening reading. Mr Dracula gave me a score of 8 after evening meal, whilst pre meal reading was 4.8. The total amount of carbs today was less than 15 grams and tonight's meal was Cauliflower Cheese and Bacon, Lunch a Chicken Salad and so the mysteries of Blood Sugar levels continue to frustrate and annoy, could be my cold causing it I suppose.

What I have noticed now and other times is when my readings go over 7.5 I start to feel unwell, ache, numbness in the lips, sore eyes, salty taste on lips, tiredness and lethargic. What I don't know is does the Higher reading make me feel this way or does feeling this way cause my higher blood readings? Quite a conundrum!

So another night ahead of me sitting up to sleep as my cold is not improving just changing in character.

Good night one and all, sorry for the moan, hugs to all feeling under the weather, see you in the morning.

You can moan as much as you like on here.
It's not just moaning, it is actually verbalising the problem, and in verbalising, our brains work out (by themselves!) an idea, and then a possible solution emerges @Muddy Cyclist

I have to sleep sitting partially upright because of my problems. I have about 10 feather pillows at the top of my bed, and this is quite comfortable! The only grumble I have is taking all those pillowcases off on bed washing day!!!

Take care

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3 am wide awake Blood Glucose 5.8, thanks @gennepher you are right, verbalising the problem helps and the support is always uplifting. Enjoy those pillows.
I'm gong to do some watercolour painting as sleep is no longer an option.

Reactions: DJC3 and mojo37

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 5.6 at silly o’clock

My fbs is going down!!!!!

I am getting a few 5’s during day and night now!!!

But to get here for me, appears to be very low carb. I am talking of under 10 carbs a day or under 5 carbs a day. And an occasional day with up to possibly 20 carbs a day, but these days are reserved for when I eat out.

Also at the moment I am sort of alternating my days with a tiny snack the moment I awake and (its nearly 4 am now so a tiny snack and black coffee) about 6 to 8 hours later my main meal (eg midday), and then a very tiny snack about 4pm (4 hours later). Or, I have a tiny snack on waking with black coffee (this is what I did yesterday), I had my meal around 1pm yesterday, and then a 2nd meal around 5 pm when I got home. (However, I find it too much to eat 2 meals every day, so sort of alternating every other day with more food on one day, and less on the next day works for me at the moment.)

It seems to be important for me, to have something tiny to eat the moment I wake up or else my blood sugar rises and keeps on rising after I awake. The other thing is a good length of time of no food not even a snack or a bite in between eating. And the final thing appears to be, in order to get in the 5’s in the night is having some food (my final meal, whether tiny or larger) around 4 to 5 pm. Obviously this depends on my day or what I am doing that day. But if I eat any later than that my blood sugar rises during the night.

All this experimentation (if you like to call it that) is only possible by extensive blood sugar testing during the day and night. Since I self-fund my own glucose meter and strips and lancets, it is expensive. But it is vitally necessary in order for me to get this diabetes type2 under some form of control.

Sorry about the long post this morning, but it’s where I am at this moment. However, it could be in a few weeks time my daily eating routine might be a bit different. What will probably never change is the very low carb way of eating.

Thank you for reading, if you have got this far, and have a good day.

There is a storm blowing outside with my bushes and trees having fencing matches with each other, so take care if you are going out today.
Very interesting reading. Have you thought of investing in a libre sensor. Even just fir a month. £48 for 14 days is an awful lot of money but it would be a good investment if finances allow. And your phone compatible, otherwise a reader would be required. I'm loving mine so much. You could maybe do it for 14 days.

You are doing so well but having to go very low carb for such outstanding results. But managing it well. Well done. And thanks for sharing.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, a 5.7 for me on the dodgy dice of doom, my meter gave me an E-9 error reading at first so I took the batteries out and performed a Tommy Cooper manoeuvre on them and put them back in and it worked again, just like that.

In other more important news...It's Friday, hoorah.
Loved Tommy cooper.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very interesting reading. Have you thought of investing in a libre sensor. Even just fir a month. £48 for 14 days is an awful lot of money but it would be a good investment if finances allow. And your phone compatible, otherwise a reader would be required. I'm loving mine so much. You could maybe do it for 14 days.

You are doing so well but having to go very low carb for such outstanding results. But managing it well. Well done. And thanks for sharing.

Thanks
I will look into it Debs.