What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Dont know why I’m awake so early but bg is 5.5. No doubt it will climb until I eat something. The rain is beating against the window so no idea if today’s plans for the tree cutter to come will happen. Then I have the podiatrist in the afternoon and need to collect some Dollars for my niece who is going to NY. If the tree cutter doesnt come a coffee with my (very) old gym girls is on the cards, a wonderful trio of smart uplifting women. @OldButBold and @Muddy Cyclist sending hugs and hope you get some respite soon. You cant worry about BG levels when you are ill its unavoidable they will be higher than usual. The least thing, even a bad sleep, affects mine. When you are recovered you can reset. Have a good Wednesday All. Stay/get well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...there seems to be a spate of early risers today it was 5am for me...sympathies for those suffering with colds/infections @OldButBold & @Muddy Cyclist stay home take the meds & put those BG readings on the back burner...getting well is the priority...it doesn't take much for a rise in BG so there is little you can do when poorly...hugs for Dennis @DJC3 our fur babies are so important...I am spending some time with 'Plumpy' now nothing like as much as previously...yesterday I walked him & we went for a coffee afterwards...we have a new Restaurant/Café just opened which is dog friendly...here he is in all his glory I opted for the carrot cake & he had the 'Dogbone' biscuit...woke to a 5.9
4.JPG
IMG_0524.JPG

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Working so late has it advantages for me too Krystyna...driving down the A1(M) with virtually no traffic...music up foot down I was home in just over an hour & ten minutes.
yes - there are advantages to not doing a normal 9 to 5 job. Actually the only time I listen to my music is when I am in the car -so driving on quiet roads listening to my favourite tracks is especially relaxing.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarryBeau what lovely pics of you and Plumpy. How nice to see the two of you together again.

I was up late doing 5 loads of laundry and watching a crazy movie and can't get sleepy yet.

@PenguinMum good luck at the podiatrist and I hope you get together with your friends. I just had to put a $5 bill in the card machine to top up my laundry card otherwise I wish I could add it to your niece's fund unfortunately I don't think a five would go very far at all in NYC!

@Muddy Cyclist and @OldButBold take care of yourselves and forget about the meters for a bit. They can use the r&r and hopefully give better numbers after the break.

Enjoy your coffee @gennepher and give Popeye a rub for me. I am going to put down the Nook and put out the light and try to get some sleep...

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@OldButBold your sense of humour is holding up well in trying times - good man. @Muddy Cyclist hopefully painting will be a tonic for the weary spirits in trying times. @PenguinMum I too liked Witness but mainly for the Amish way of life than the aspect that boiled your bacon. @Krystyna23040 fantastic news about the return of normal levels. It appears I am playing with a rubik's cube missing several tiles. Bg 5.7, weight spiralling towards 76 kgs and resting pulse taking off like a rocket but over 7 hrs sleep - score down from days with 5 hrs:angelic: Meals producing either no rise at 2 hrs ( some show a drop) or 1 at most so food unlikely to be the issue. Proper Bambi on ice period - enjoy your day folks.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yes - there are advantages to not doing a normal 9 to 5 job. Actually the only time I listen to my music is when I am in the car -so driving on quiet roads listening to my favourite tracks is especially relaxing.
I've forgotten what its like to do a 9-5 been doing shifts for over 30 yrs ...tho thankfully haven't had to do nights for a long time .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau lovely to see you and Harry together but please dont get your heart broken again. He is a beautiful fella. Are you and your “special advisors” still planning to go to Battersea at half term?

Reactions: HarryBeau

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another 5.7 so well pleased with that although I don't like low carb but it does work so it has got to be done not that I go as low as many people on here . I had total of 80 carbs yesterday and 60 ish the day before .I would normally eat double that in one meal o_O

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just watching Mr Broccoli who wants us all to have a plant based diet being interviewed on tv ....blimey!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
am spending some time with 'Plumpy' now nothing like as much as previously
That's great to hear that you are spending some time with Plumpy - it must have been so lovely to see him again. I bet he was pleased to see you again.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

it's a bit warmer this morning here so not so much personal lagging needed ;)

A quiet day and a trip to the recycling depot today in plan. Yesterdays outing with mum went ok and the sun shone so that was a bonus.

Hope your day treats you well :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. A rather damp start in the Daan Saaf but there is the prospect of a cooked breakfast at some point to add a bit of cheer to the day.

The wonder wheel of yesterdays bright afternoon, spying Wales across the estuary, the laughter of friends and with some serious pain relief during the nigh thrown into the mix threw out one of those supercilious 5.1’s this am.

Another read of the Oop North / Daan Saaf accentuated accent translations for dummies in a while - and koffy - must be time for koffy.

Have a frabjous day if you can, contemplate the variety of uses of the humble paper clip if you can’t.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A late 5.6 this morning

I might just have duck for dinner, the little bug gers keep swimming up and down my road quacking

Have a dry day if you can, if you can't start an umbrella factory.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 5.7 so well pleased with that although I don't like low carb but it does work so it has got to be done not that I go as low as many people on here . I had total of 80 carbs yesterday and 60 ish the day before .I would normally eat double that in one meal o_O
Huge sympathy and respect for you @mojo37. I think you are spot on about the results being your focus. Hopefully it will become easier for you as some have found. Never feel you are the only who finds it difficult to enjoy LC in the same way as your old WOE I am pretty sure that is much more common than people will admit.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Huge sympathy and respect for you @mojo37. I think you are spot on about the results being your focus. Hopefully it will become easier for you as some have found. Never feel you are the only who finds it difficult to enjoy LC in the same way as your old WOE I am pretty sure that is much more common than people will admit.
Thank you ianpspurs :)