Hba1c whoop whoop!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aw, that's good to hear, it's so nice when your efforts are shown to have worked, well done. x

Reactions: ziggy_w

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations!!!! Well done! :)
Just come out of DSN office.

My level of 101 at the end of July is now.... 46!!!

Thanks to all who've supported or answered my questions on here. Nurse was really surprised and did a double check of numbers.

Soooooo pleased!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Did your nurse ask how you’d done it? Keep up the good work!

Rocklobster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow that's an amazing change and very inspiring for a newbie! Hoping mine is as good in January after being diagnosed at 80 in September.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news indeed and a pretty stunning result.. well done you!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@mouseee

What a brilliant follow-up on your diagnosis. Very impressive and also inspirational. Will you celebrate tonight?

mouseee

Nurse was great. She did ask how I'd done it and I told her. She didn't mind the LC and could see I've made sensible choices. She wants me to relax a little over carb choices and perhaps include some more that don't cause problems which is actually what I'm doing. Introducing new carbs every so often to see how they affect me. Her main concern is that it's sustainable long term.

She did say the NHS were never going to support testing bs as T2 but that she could see how it had benefited me.

She has taught the DESMOND course and isn't a big fan so she's not pushing me on that either.

Altogether a positive visit.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With a huge cream cake and fish and chips..... hahahaha!!!

Pub quiz tonight... Maybe I'll have a full fat tonic rather than slim line!

Have fun tonight. Hope you beat them all in the pub quiz!

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Nurse was great. She did ask how I'd done it and I told her. She didn't mind the LC and could see I've made sensible choices. She wants me to relax a little over carb choices and perhaps include some more that don't cause problems which is actually what I'm doing. Introducing new carbs every so often to see how they affect me. Her main concern is that it's sustainable long term.

She did say the NHS were never going to support testing bs as T2 but that she could see how it had benefited me.

She has taught the DESMOND course and isn't a big fan so she's not pushing me on that either.

Altogether a positive visit.

Hi mousee,
Well done on your fantastic BG control.
I think you are underestimating how positive your meeting with the NDN was. - I think it is as amazingly wonderful as your results! Most of us can only dream of having such a knowledgeable, supportive health care professional.

Control of BG for T2 is a lifestyle thing, so you may need adjustments as time goes on, but finding one that is enjoyable and sustainable for you is the key.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done you!!

gold_star.png

Robbity

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Your numbers say it all.

Great to see another success... WELL DONE YOU!

Po