Type 1'stars R Us

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep @Alison54321, we were "naughty" and I miss his humour but not surprised he hasn't returned. A big loss, wit and intelligence

Naughty? I won't ask, just in case somewhere in the somewhat extensive forum rules is a clause that bans someone for explaining why they got a ban, or even a ban for asking someone to explain why they got a ban.

sportyboston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What's the weather like? I live in Central Qld, Australia and it is hot (38 degrees) and dry. We are in severe drought. I am wondering whether anyone can make me envious with their rainy weather in England.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What's the weather like? I live in Central Qld, Australia and it is hot (38 degrees) and dry. We are in severe drought. I am wondering whether anyone can make me envious with their rainy weather in England.

Down to about 7°C tonight, rain holding off for now until the end of the week.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I am not in England but we are getting lots of rain today! An unusual day for it to rain fairly constant. We have a puddle out front. Usually it's brief showers off and on all the time. We actually get rain pretty much all year, just more in the winter than the summer. We never have to water plants except for the ones we are planting at the moment! Our temperature is 27C or 80 F!

@sportyboston Does that make you envious? :angelic:

Justin04

Sure makes me jealous Marie 2. @sportyboston I’m in CQ as well mate. The family and I have just spent the last two weeks over in the NT checking out Alice and Ayers Rock. I thought I knew hot till we went over there. 42.6 in the shade was the best reading I found. 9% humidity, 4% in Camooweal. Got home to 94% humidity at home and can’t stand it!

Reactions: porl69

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Justin04 Yea, but if you don’t like humidity, you wouldn’t like it where I’m at? We vary probably most of the time between 80-90%. But we do have beaches!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7 degrees here. Brilliant sunshine not a cloud in the sky.
Just chatted with someone who lives 10 miles down the road and he had to scrape the windscreen on his van this morning.
All in all a lovely autumn morning.
Good luck @Kim Possible and safe journeys.

Reactions: Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
morning all
I am bleeding freezing! Gone from 36 degrees on Monday to 8 degrees today! Thermals for me tomorrow :hilarious:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
It's 9 degrees and drizzle at home and 8 degrees where I am heading later.
But before I jump in my car, I have two interviews (one as an interviewee and one and an interviewer - I am more concerned by the interviewer one), overnight packing and a dentist appointment.
BG was 4.3 this morning and Libre agreed.

You'll "smash it". WOW I really hate that saying lol. Good luck :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@sportyboston I don't think we've had a completely dry 24hr spell at all in October, yes this morning was a lovely bright autumn morning, but chances of heavy showers later and highs of 14 - but this morning the grass had a 'crunch' to it.

Can't believe it but we've sorted our family Christmas get together already and for once it was simple, EVERYONE can make the first date mentioned - that doesn't happen on my watch, and yeap it isn't my watch :sour: but my sisters. She now has to plan the dog walk route, theres plenty of options and as it is more local to me I suspect she'll 'delegate' that bit to me. Usually it takes at least 3 dates and then someone still can't make it. :happy:

BGs holding fairly steady.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB blues brothers day! good luck, hope the drops don't sting too much and remember the sunglasses!
I can imagine wearing sunglasses on top of my specs, hehehe. Mine are reactolight but thanks for the tip. They always sting

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning everyone had one of those days yesterday were bgs kept hitting the deck regardless of what id eaten hardly any insulin but plenty of carbs this diabetes lark does baffle me at times lets hope today is a bit more settled looks lovely and sunny out but its cold so for now im curled up on the couch and not moving.:) have a good day everyone and hugs to all who need them and goodluck wishes to @Kim Possible

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
G’day, Good Morning, Greetings, Hiya. I’ve been away from the forum for a day or two doing ceramic stuff, discovering how to run a MiaoMiao, etc etc and come back now I can stop running to stay in place to see that multiple welcomes are needed. Welcome!
I’m loving the MiaoMiao, but having to resist over correcting with repeated alarms. It helps that the current sensor’s more or less in line with bloods when in range.
Nice and sunny here, has been about 12 - 14 C, and not excessively wet, but that’s the sarf east. We have droughts when the west has floods.
Green tomatoes here too, so put them in the oven with the red ones and roasted the lot. The green ones had a lovely slightly sour flavour.
Missing Knikki too, just mentioning him generates a desire to eat cake.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Missing Knikki too, just mentioning him generates a desire to eat cake.
I’m going to bake shortbread in his honour. Be rude not to.

I need to set a timer to limit my farting around on the Internet when I supposed to be revising. Just waiting for an amazon delivery before I disappear upstairs with my laminator to encapsulate my exam criteria for next week’s horror.

Bloods ok - felt a little low, so did a quick check (CGM read 6) but was at 5.4 - maybe it’s too much caffeine. Hmmm.