Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Shortcake a great idea! I’m thinking about an apple cake in his honour before the birds eat the lot. Not quite Knikki style but can always decorate it with a Jaffa cake or two, or three, or a whole packet.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Shortcake a great idea! I’m thinking about an apple cake in his honour before the birds eat the lot. Not quite Knikki style but can always decorate it with a Jaffa cake or two, or three, or a whole packet.

I think doing things in Knikki's honour is an excellent idea. I'm going to make my lunch in his honour, we must remember him. :angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck @Kim Possible
Thursday is date day in our house and we had planned a trip to cinema this morning. But on seeing the lovely weather decided on a 5 mile circular walk instead. It goes across fields from our house and takes in the local park. Three hours with a 15min break for coffee and Tiffin for the husband. Had a mini packet of raisins en route and sugar levels at the end the same as the beginning a nice 5. A win win!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Stood here dribbling at the thought

Edited to say that sounded better in my head :) :)
Just sprayed coffee all over my iPad... :hilarious::rolleyes:

Keto shortbread a semi-success. Fell apart a bit, because I tried to de-mould it too soon. Which meant I had lots of broken ones to “sample” :D Have glued some together with super-dark chocklit.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I’m going to bake shortbread in his honour. Be rude not to.

I need to set a timer to limit my farting around on the Internet when I supposed to be revising. Just waiting for an amazon delivery before I disappear upstairs with my laminator to encapsulate my exam criteria for next week’s horror.

Bloods ok - felt a little low, so did a quick check (CGM read 6) but was at 5.4 - maybe it’s too much caffeine. Hmmm.
Yep, @Knikki would certainly go for shortbread to stop you farting around.Good luck for the exams, have you learnt all the things you have to say when doing what you do?

Reactions: Alison54321

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Yep, @Knikki would certainly go for shortbread to stop you farting around.Good luck for the exams, have you learnt all the things you have to say when doing what you do?
Sort of - in that when I’m with an actual patient I do them and say the right things. It’s just whether I’ll remember them under the weird and fake setup of an exam. I’ve printed them off and laminated checklists so I can go over it and over it with my family and they can tick all the essentials off. Repetition is key here!

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
I’d eat jaffa cakes for knikki but I don’t think he wants me to be unwell Diabetes not too shabby lately, yesterday work had Christmas chocolates so I couldn’t resist anything marzipan. Now I’d like some sweet almond cookies, I know theres an asian brand of those cookies and they are tasty. I’ve been reunited with Fiasp, but I have to give novorapid a pat on the back for doing a good job with my work schedule and keeping me alive.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Afternoon all,
I've had the eye thingy done and it did sting again!! Started raining as I left home and then stuff me sideways, the sun came out after they'd taken the eye photos. I was hoping to walk home under clouds, ended up having to get the bus as I couldn't see too well But the thing that just struck me now is that I got a letter from the NHS saying the eye thing was due which was brilliant and then got a reminder to say I hadn't had it done... again pure magic. Love the NHS and all who sail in it

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sort of - in that when I’m with an actual patient I do them and say the right things. It’s just whether I’ll remember them under the weird and fake setup of an exam. I’ve printed them off and laminated checklists so I can go over it and over it with my family and they can tick all the essentials off. Repetition is key here!
You'll be magic and defo repetition is the key to automaticity

Reactions: Marie 2

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’m going to make low carb Jaffa cakes. Just worked out how to do it...

My usual low carb bread mix sweetened for the base; sugar free orange jelly, and 95% choklit on top. Make the base in muffin/cupcake tin, and then assemble. I’ve only got mango jelly, but that’ll do. Off to the kitchen!

#revisionavoidance

ChrissiStar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all!

Just back from my checkup at the diabetic clinic, in some ways it was very successful, in others a bit of a failure, but c’est la vie! I’ll focus on the positives: I am to try the Libre again and now have it on prescription to do so, I have also had Fiasp added to my repeat along with 4mm needles.

Another positive was my hbA1c - 42 - could have knocked me over with a feather! Doctor was convinced I must be having a load of hypos to achieve such a low number, but he looked at the Libre data I had and the data on MySugr and was quite happy with what he saw. I don’t know if being ridiculously ill for the past month and losing over a stone in weight might have slightly skewed things though.

Came out of the hospital and went to Dobbies for lunch with my Mum (Moroccan spiced chicken soup & a herby scone - :hungry:), then had to do a bit of running between the GP & Boots, got home and my bloods thanked me with an 11 :arghh: I’m putting it down to stress and adrenalin though.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
good morning everyone had one of those days yesterday were bgs kept hitting the deck regardless of what id eaten hardly any insulin but plenty of carbs this diabetes lark does baffle me at times lets hope today is a bit more settled looks lovely and sunny out but its cold so for now im curled up on the couch and not moving.:) have a good day everyone and hugs to all who need them and goodluck wishes to @Kim Possible

Sending a virtual ((((( hug ))))) Karen and I hope you feel a little better as the day goes on x

Reactions: karen8967

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m going to make low carb Jaffa cakes. Just worked out how to do it...

My usual low carb bread mix sweetened for the base; sugar free orange jelly, and 95% choklit on top. Make the base in muffin/cupcake tin, and then assemble. I’ve only got mango jelly, but that’ll do. Off to the kitchen!

#revisionavoidance

I’ll get tea and coffee ready ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon all!

Just back from my checkup at the diabetic clinic, in some ways it was very successful, in others a bit of a failure, but c’est la vie! I’ll focus on the positives: I am to try the Libre again and now have it on prescription to do so, I have also had Fiasp added to my repeat along with 4mm needles.

Another positive was my hbA1c - 42 - could have knocked me over with a feather! Doctor was convinced I must be having a load of hypos to achieve such a low number, but he looked at the Libre data I had and the data on MySugr and was quite happy with what he saw. I don’t know if being ridiculously ill for the past month and losing over a stone in weight might have slightly skewed things though.

Came out of the hospital and went to Dobbies for lunch with my Mum (Moroccan spiced chicken soup & a herby scone - :hungry:), then had to do a bit of running between the GP & Boots, got home and my bloods thanked me with an 11 :arghh: I’m putting it down to stress and adrenalin though.

That diabetes fairy has a nasty streak sometimes, but well down on your hbA1c, that's very good :)