Eat well for less

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Slip, no I didn't see it as I was out with my daughter celebrating her birthday, I had steak and a yummy pudding :hungry:

I am watching it now, they are just 58 and 59 years, omg, they looks 10 + so back to the link.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was fuming at the advice given! Just replace your sugar with......... more sugar :wideyed:

ps. I notice they measured her blood sugar at the beginning of the program after a wagon wheel, how about measuring it after the peach crumble or the lasagne?!

Reactions: Flora123
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I was fuming at the advice given! Just replace your sugar with......... more sugar :wideyed:

ps. I notice they measured her blood sugar at the beginning of the program after a wagon wheel, how about measuring it after the peach crumble or the lasagne?!

These people, especially the wife, were very, very set in their ways regarding the awful food they eat and the programme is trying to make them, at least, swap foods and my jaw has been dropping to the ground :wideyed: at least the husband seems to be more positive.

Reactions: Lilylala

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just watched that now. How the bleeding hell was his BG 9.4......everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was loaded with sugar!

Reactions: Lilylala

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I noticed a facebook thread about this yesterday and saw everyone get real worked up about it. I was very happy I had chosen to watch episodes 6 and 7 of The Great British Bake Off instead.
At least there no-one pretends the food is healthy, and no-one is worried about fat and calories either. Plus, the stuff they make is way too complicated for me, so no problem for my diabetes :)

Hopefully in 10 years we can look back on this kind of stuff and be happy it was a long time ago.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There was a couple who could have benefited from adoption of the Eatwell Guide!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I watched the programme through it’s entirety.
It gave an informative insight into how two type 2 diabetics approached life and it’s challenges .
As for the dietary advice given. It was a **** sight better than where they was.
Also worth remembering that it’s a tv programme, purely to entertain. Actual reality and facts are and can be manipulated to make the programme more entertaining.

Post edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just watched that now. How the bleeding hell was his BG 9.4......everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was loaded with sugar!
I think his BG was the least of his worries. £ 147 for two on weekly shopping. Bleeding hell.:woot:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
When you consider what they were eating before the TV show, its a massive improvement.....still not the best diet for a type 2 BUT better than the mounds of sugar they were eating before

Reactions: Robinredbreast

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I must admit as soon as I heard T2D mentioned I turned over, just to stop my blood pressure going through the roof

Lilylala

I too was shocked that 20 yr plus diabetic s food intake of chocolate , ECT.... Surely was not educated or was totally ignorant to the fact that they were diabetic !!!!!!!!
Myself just a sniff of something sweet pushes my blood monitor into the 20 regions so how come theirs was so low considering what they eat is beyond me !!!! Maybe it's that they are taking 3 different tablets and think they can eat what they like ???
??? They may of changed some of their good on this programme but I bet they will be back to their old ways eating ***** and the health service paying for it !!!!

Edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Robinredbreast

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I too was shocked that 20 yr plus diabetic s food intake of chocolate , ECT.... Surely was not educated or was totally ignorant to the fact that they were diabetic !!!!!!!!
Myself just a sniff of something sweet pushes my blood monitor into the 20 regions so how come theirs was so low considering what they eat is beyond me !!!! Maybe it's that they are taking 3 different tablets and think they can eat what they like ???
??? They may of changed some of their good on this programme but I bet they will be back to their old ways eating crapp and the health service paying for it !!!!
Even for a non-diabetic their diet was appalling, the sort or thing an 8 year old would choose for themselves. Even if they didn't know about carbs, surely even the most basic and out of date advice for diabetics says not to eat sugar, yet they were eating a wheelbarrow full a year!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
??? They may of changed some of their good on this programme but I bet they will be back to their old ways eating crapp and the health service paying for it !!!!

I watched most of the programme ( I had to answer a phone call) these people must of known what they were doing to their bodies, it was an appalling 'diet'. It was head in the sand syndrome and /or indifferent, so they take a few pills.
At the end, they did look a little better, could of been programmes make up and wardrobe department though and had lost weight, will they keep to their new lifestyle, only time will tell, it's down to them now ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
When you consider what they were eating before the TV show, its a massive improvement.....still not the best diet for a type 2 BUT better than the mounds of sugar they were eating before

Not the best 'diet'for anyone, it was truly appalling :(

Edited - The programme was called Eat well for less, so saving money by changing food types and intake plus home cooking too.

Last edited:
M

Member496333

I watched a little bit further. Got to the bit where one of the hosts was talking about SATURATED fat, and rage quit again.

Think I’m now about six minutes in. Might try watching some more later on if my blood pressure drops too low :wacky:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the "Eat Well" bit of the programme title was a bit misleading. I didnt notice if there was any information of what medication (if any) people were on?