What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning so pleased, now that I am back to testing every morning it is helping me keep on track ( or rather get on track ). I am competing with myself :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Part 2. An hour’s misery makes one forget past delights, So fbg 5.9 and weight plus sleep seemingly not in my control. Those elements I can affect seem fine and dandy - 2 meals yesterday .8 drop and flat line at 2 hrs 4.6 bed. - same as after lunch. 2 huge pivots from me in a week. Was all set to cancel November holiday to Cyprus despite Julie really wanting to return to that hotel and (hopefully) sold this place and bought an old (er) smaller house to do up yesterday (abandoned the bigger brand new one)
@DJC3 break sounds fantastic, enjoy your time with your daughter. Hopefully Nov 17 I may be in shorts and pool slides drinking bucks fizz for breakfast by the pool - as if it were planned the holiday comes at the the end of chemo sessions. Hope the German omelette chef is still there - he was worth the price on his own breakfast songs in 5 languages.

What a great way to celebrate the end of chemo, whether intentional or not. How is it going?

Reactions: jjraak

Lesley's

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No I didn’t see it, was it the usual ‘healthy’ brown rice and whole meal bread type?
I’m looking forward to photos of your meals when you start using your cookbook - it’s the Caldesi one isn’t it? I have it and all the recipes I’ve tried have been really good.
Glad you had fun in Brum.
Thought diabetics weren’t allowed bananas lol

Lesley's

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@trick60 great start again young man - all your ohm work (I'll get my coat); @Muddy Cyclist really good to hear the cold is subsiding and the 6 hrs sleep - gig should be fine by the sound of that news. @Debandez I watched the programme and commented in another thread . As much as I was aghast at the nutritionist never mentioning cartbs moving those 2 from their old diet to lc in 1 go would not have worked. What amazed me was how the woman had eaten that way for 20 years with T2 and only now worried about eye damage - she's a nurse:arghh::arghh:
Ian I totally agree thought exactly the same !

Lesley's

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I work in the nursing profession albeit with adults with learning disabilities and mental health issues and before I joined the ranks of T2 I had come across about 20 staff ( all nurses ) with the condition and very few with any change of diet. Even now I work with 3 other staff with diabetes T2 and only one of them tests her bg ( and that is because she has now progressed to insulin .I'm the only one that bangs on about carbs ( though I am no saint lol and have fallen off the wagon so many times it's a wonder that I am not black and blue lol .
Yes I totally agree iminnursing too and lots of diabetics ignore it

Reactions: DJC3

Lesley's

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Struggling here to get mine under 9 at mo diet controlled help ,,

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a great way to celebrate the end of chemo, whether intentional or not. How is it going?
Last week was a week off - good job what with my Dr suggesting "that" picture. The holiday is for Julie really - I would rather stay by the fire but I made my promises and the boys feel she has struggled through this. I just need to suck it up. I can probably put up with a 5 star hotel for a week if it means peace at home and I did like the gym and spa last time. Could give me lots of leverage should I be the kind of chap who would ever want to use it.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last week was a week off - good job what with my Dr suggesting "that" picture. The holiday is for Julie really - I would rather stay by the fire but I made my promises and the boys feel she has struggled through this. I just need to suck it up. I can probably put up with a 5 star hotel for a week if it means peace at home and I did like the gym and spa last time. Could give me lots of leverage should I be the kind of chap who would ever want to use it.

I’m sure you’ll both enjoy it enormously. November is a great time for a treat, when the weather is getting miserable and shops have already started playing Wizzard and Slade on a loop.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 today so thats fine. The sun is out which is good news.
Lots of wrangling choices mooted here today. @ianpspurs good call on the holiday a bit of winter sun will do you good after the difficult months. @Fndwheelie cant comment on your dilemma but sending hugs. @DJC3 your dilemma over choosing how many courses is not a bad one in my book. Enjoy every minute of your time with your daughter at that lovely place. @Debandez sounds like you and Eric having a fab time in Brum. Tandoori chicken good and not too carby once in a while. Medal for not esting one whole popadom, I couldnt do that! @Muddy Cyclist glad to hear you are better hope the same is true of @OldButBold.
Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.

PM you’d love it here, not just for the luxury and pampering but they have their own gin!!
( also their own honey, but didn’t sample that obvs)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought diabetics weren’t allowed bananas lol

I didn’t see the program but if that’s what they recommended it’s probably just as well - I’d have spent the evening shouting at the tv!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...scraped home at 03:30 this morning spent the evening working in London again...thankfully that avenue of work is ending this weekend...doing nothing today apart from making coffee...lounging on the sofa & having the odd nap...had to eat on the way home it wasn't a great choice but in my defence I was starving...surprisingly woke to a 5.5.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m sure you’ll both enjoy it enormously. November is a great time for a treat, when the weather is getting miserable and shops have already started playing Wizzard and Slade on a loop.
I can live with the Christmassy feel in shops - rarely visit them but do go then. My view of holidays is I may as well just throw the money into the street - never seen a pig/sheep/cow/chicken/fruit tree go away on holiday.
Edit: Looks like I should have saved the money for building a bunker, buying in tins, ammo and going off grid.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No I didn’t see it, was it the usual ‘healthy’ brown rice and whole meal bread type?
I’m looking forward to photos of your meals when you start using your cookbook - it’s the Caldesi one isn’t it? I have it and all the recipes I’ve tried have been really good.
Glad you had fun in Brum.
It was WORSE! I was shouting at the TV as was Eric!

Yes it's that cookery book. Pictures look great Haha. At least I've opened it! Couple of weeks then I'm.free to practice. Sounds promising from what you and many others are saying.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 5.9 for me today and a whopping 6 hours sleep, forgotten how good that many hours make you feel, yipeee!

Cold is on the mend, it isn't raining, things to do so a good day ahead.

Enjoy your day, be good, eat well and hugs for those under the weather.

Thanks to everyone for all the hugs to see me through my cold germs and sleepless nights, they worked.

I'm glad you are feeling better! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 6.7, temperature 8 degrees C (wow, up 2 degrees since I first checked!). It feels as if they have turned on the heat here for the winter since I switched mine on when I got up and the apartment feels warmer than it did then. 8 degrees is cold for an October morning, more like December (since I'm reading about Christmas on the thread).

The KittenCat says purrrrrrrr to all and all animals. ^. .^

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a top place. Glad you are enjoying it. Is it in Cornwall?

It’s in Plymouth so only an hour drive. Boringdon Hall. It’s part of the group my daughter works for and they give all new managers an overnight stay for 2 in one of the hotels, just as a nice welcome to the team gift. I’m so chuffed she decided to take me instead of her boyfriend. She said he wouldn’t have appreciated it so much.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...scraped home at 03:30 this morning spent the evening working in London again...thankfully that avenue of work is ending this weekend...doing nothing today apart from making coffee...lounging on the sofa & having the odd nap...had to eat on the way home it wasn't a great choice but in my defence I was starving...surprisingly woke to a 5.5.

Goodness what a night. Not surprised you needed to stop for food on the way home. Hope you’re enjoying the E&G on the sofa today.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Part 2. An hour’s misery makes one forget past delights, So fbg 5.9 and weight plus sleep seemingly not in my control. Those elements I can affect seem fine and dandy - 2 meals yesterday .8 drop and flat line at 2 hrs 4.6 bed. - same as after lunch. 2 huge pivots from me in a week. Was all set to cancel November holiday to Cyprus despite Julie really wanting to return to that hotel and (hopefully) sold this place and bought an old (er) smaller house to do up yesterday (abandoned the bigger brand new one)
@DJC3 break sounds fantastic, enjoy your time with your daughter. Hopefully Nov 17 I may be in shorts and pool slides drinking bucks fizz for breakfast by the pool - as if it were planned the holiday comes at the the end of chemo sessions. Hope the German omelette chef is still there - he was worth the price on his own. Breakfast songs in 5 languages.

Shocking pun Ian.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.9 this morning

Woke up with a bit of a sore throat today but I've got my sugar free throat sweets ;)
We were off out early for a day volunteering today,

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)