Type 2 Help! Levels creeping up

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will you make the cauliflower cheese with flour? How many carbs a day max should I have?
No - it is steamed cauliflower, into a warm earthenware bowl, cover with cream cheese, throw on grated Red Leicester, place in the warm oven until it melts and goes slightly golden, allow to cool. Herbs, spices or whatever other flavourings can be added.
A meter will tell you how many carbs you can eat and stay within reasonable levels - we are all different.

Reactions: MKD75

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No - it is steamed cauliflower, into a warm earthenware bowl, cover with cream cheese, throw on grated Red Leicester, place in the warm oven until it melts and goes slightly golden, allow to cool. Herbs, spices or whatever other flavourings can be added.
A meter will tell you how many carbs you can eat and stay within reasonable levels - we are all different.

That sounds lovely! I’ll try that.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Another variation is cauliflower (or cauliflower and broccoli) mash- you can add cheese as well. As these have very low carbs you can have quite a lot and it is filling.

Breakfast ideas when you are home try an omelette- add cheese, smoked salmon maybe some spinach.

For work you can make some keto muffins or frittatas - make enough for a few days so it is easier.

I also felt at the beginning that I needed carbs as they were filling but am doing well (hunger wise) without many carbs- cauliflower mash is my go to in the evenings- with steak or salmon or pork belly.

There is hope. You may find like me that the less you have of the potatoes etc the less you miss them- give it say a couple of weeks and see how you feel.

Reactions: MKD75