first HbA1c review- success

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just had my first HbA1c review since my initial one one diagnosis. My results 33 (5.1%). This is well within the normal range. My dr was surprised but didn't ask how I had achieved this in just under 3 months which I thought was disappointing. The only fly in the ointment was that my cholesterol has gone up- luckily thanks to this site and you awesome people I was prepared for this and told her that I didn't consider it a problem as I was loosening weight so I expected there to be more fat in the blood. She took that quite well. I found it funny that they have lower targets for diabetics but my blood sugars are not in the diabetic range at the moment so shouldn't the target be the same.

Anyway a HUGE thanks to everyone here- I wouldn't have got this result without you and I would have been upset with the change to the cholesterol level if I hadn't been expecting it- thank you.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@VashtiB -- What a fabulous achievement. I am very, very happy for you. Congrats on a job well done.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent! Well done!
I've just had my first HbA1c review since my initial one one diagnosis. My results 33 (5.1%). This is well within the normal range. My dr was surprised but didn't ask how I had achieved this in just under 3 months which I thought was disappointing. The only fly in the ointment was that my cholesterol has gone up- luckily thanks to this site and you awesome people I was prepared for this and told her that I didn't consider it a problem as I was loosening weight so I expected there to be more fat in the blood. She took that quite well. I found it funny that they have lower targets for diabetics but my blood sugars are not in the diabetic range at the moment so shouldn't the target be the same.

Anyway a HUGE thanks to everyone here- I wouldn't have got this result without you and I would have been upset with the change to the cholesterol level if I hadn't been expecting it- thank you.

Reactions: jjraak and Prem51

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Amazing, congratulations! Your hard work obviously has paid off.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's a fantastic HbA1c result @VashtiB! Well done you!
I remember you saying you cried when you were first diagnosed, you must be smiling now! :)

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Congratulations, that is great news.
Let us know if your Lipid figures improve after you get into weight maintenance mode.

Reactions: Prem51 and jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Fantastic news,..brilliant score.
m1257.gif

and great point re the diabetes/Cholesterol

the more of us on here, reading and giving that information, the better for all of us.