What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs I read this passage in a novel the other day. The village of Abbotsbourne did not, after all, lose its cricket ground. I loved the description.

It was a new fixture. Bob Woods, opening for Abbotsbourne, was battling as though the ball were under orders to fly wherever he directed it, especially over the small pavilion, where it was trained to land in a neighbouring garden for six.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Have a good day

k40017.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@trick60 and @gennepher aboard the Early Bird Special today (Trick60 I know you are almost always up early; gennepher, I hope you are not having a sleepless night. It isn't really late for me yet.)

Here is the Early Bird marching to his post to wake up the DCUKers
h35025.gif

having been woken himself by his adjutant

h35015.gif

These birds weren't early enough to get the worm so are having a rather seedy breakfast courtesy of a smiley friend

h35051.gif

Children under fledgling age eat free

h35005.gif

The Early Bird's wife comes to call him home for his own breakfast

h35006.gif

Commuters start to fill the airways

h35004.gif
h35010.gif
h35018.gif

Take-away available

h35019.gif

"I just feel so flippin' good this morning!"

h35053.gif

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning, still on high steroids so I'm surprised at these low morning numbers. Lungs are still messed up and shuffling around is now officially boring. The viral infection has probably naffed orf by now for pastures new, I'm just left with the battlefield. C'est la vie, it's Friday... let's dance!! :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@trick60 A14/M11 is navigable. Parts of the new road opening almost weekly - still delays between St Ives and Cambridge but M11 then fine. Would A1 work for you? @SaskiaKC loved the cricket passage and without boasting I know exactly the feeling described - the days you can hit the ball anywhere you want still vivid in my memory. Now to business. 4.7 for me today if I believe the meter. Really unimpressed by waking around 4.30 and a sudden 2-2.5 kgs of weight gain. Both seem to be due to a drug called tamsulosin - not part of the bladder cancer treatment as such. Off to meet a builder at our proposed new house in Little America today
(where dreams will be costed and fade rapidly) and also mind our too cute and she knows it granddaughter. Moana overload beckons.
@OldButBold the winner isn't for the suffering, shuffling or even the song. It is for your humour and grace in such times.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 after restless night. Just sipping first tea of the day then off to the eye clinic to start my new course of injections. Gritty eye day with patch beckons so dont care if it rains. Me my girls and our favourite rug will be camping on the sofa with the radio on mostly today. No 2 son coming Sat and staying o/n so that will be good.
@trick60 hope you find the youngster a bit more settled. Safe journey. @SaskiaKC loving the early birds. @ianpspurs good luck with the builder and enjoy every second with the little one. @OldButBold glad you are hanging on in there and great fbg.
Have a fab Friday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 after restless night. Just sipping first tea of the day then off to the eye clinic to start my new course of injections. Gritty eye day with patch beckons so dont care if it rains. Me my girls and our favourite rug will be camping on the sofa with the radio on mostly today. No 2 son coming Sat and staying o/n so that will be good.
@trick60 hope you find the youngster a bit more settled. Safe journey. @SaskiaKC loving the early birds. @ianpspurs good luck with the builder and enjoy every second with the little one. @OldButBold glad you are hanging on in there and great fbg.
Hug is for restless night and gritty eye day - hope recovery goes well.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6 today and another full nights sleep, well 5 hours which is quite acceptable.

Granddaughter day today so snap @ianpspurs they are a pleasure to be around, hope all goes well with your builder.

Hugs @PenguinMum, travel well @trick60 and @OldButBold a combination of hugs and pats on the back for your tanacity and good humour.

Go carefully keep warm and dry each and every one.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@trick60 and @gennepher aboard the Early Bird Special today (Trick60 I know you are almost always up early; gennepher, I hope you are not having a sleepless night. It isn't really late for me yet.)

Here is the Early Bird marching to his post to wake up the DCUKers
h35025.gif

having been woken himself by his adjutant

h35015.gif

These birds weren't early enough to get the worm so are having a rather seedy breakfast courtesy of a smiley friend

h35051.gif

Children under fledgling age eat free

h35005.gif

The Early Bird's wife comes to call him home for his own breakfast

h35006.gif

Commuters start to fill the airways

h35004.gif
h35010.gif
h35018.gif

Take-away available

h35019.gif

"I just feel so flippin' good this morning!"

h35053.gif

Absolutely brilliant @SaskiaKC
Gave me a smile this dull cloudy rainy morning :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I hope the eye appointment will go well and the recovery be quick and peaceful. Hopefully No. 2 Son will wait on you if you need him to tomorrow, but mostly I hope you will be fully recovered and able to enjoy his visit. I know Bobs and Daisy will enjoy the afternoon on the sofa with you. ^. .^. .^

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a good sleep last night just what I needed...seems it's been raining heavily overnight so a damp grey morning...this coffee is reviving me working it's magic...wow what a couple of weeks haven't been so busy for years my poor old body is just catching up with all the recent charging around...woke to a 6.3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A really good 5.3 this morning. Yesterday I did the two things that always put my fbs into the 6s - really stressed out over the eye clinic appt and had cheese at 10pm. But today, for reasons only known by my pancreas and liver, it didn't.

Eye clinic went well - no macular oedema so no injections thank goodness. Consultant agreed that the macular oedema might have been caused by a sudden drop in blood sugars when my hba1c dropped to 36. There is a name for it but I have forgotten what he called it - was so stressed that brain not functioning properly.

Note to self - stressing out over eye clinic appointments to be avoided in the future as quite pointless and exhausting. So next appt in December - no stressing out. That's an order!