What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 happy to try and help but haven’t been able to find the details of exactly what your question is - this thread moves too fast for me!
thank you - I was puzzling as to why all my blood sugars go up when I do longer fasts. Very short fasts of 15hrs work really well and BS goes down but the more I do longer fasts the worse BS get. I did wonder if it is because I am also doing only 20g carbs.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 after restless night. Just sipping first tea of the day then off to the eye clinic to start my new course of injections. Gritty eye day with patch beckons so dont care if it rains. Me my girls and our favourite rug will be camping on the sofa with the radio on mostly today. No 2 son coming Sat and staying o/n so that will be good.
@trick60 hope you find the youngster a bit more settled. Safe journey. @SaskiaKC loving the early birds. @ianpspurs good luck with the builder and enjoy every second with the little one. @OldButBold glad you are hanging on in there and great fbg.
Have a fab Friday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe
Hope the injections go well and that your eye isn't too sore and gritty.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning - late - rain - wet - dull - but it’s Friday so Bon Weekend everyone!

The wonder wheel of an incident free three trains and a tube ride journey home yesterday contributed to a flat 5.0 this am

As predicted, most of my lunch on the train home was left on the side of the plate - some nice roast pork though but what’s with the rice? Shout at the telly seems to be getting so predictable and I am slowly going off folk that are better suited to reading the news or waffling on about antiques. I shouldn’t really - I’m sure that she tries her best. Don’t-compare.com.

While I have been away, Mrs Miggins has decorated our bedroom - a stirling job, as usual and all the furniture has been put back in the same place so that I won’t be falling into things and loudly practicing popular Saxon phrases in the middle of the night.

Good luck with the builders @ianpspurs and may the odds be always in your favour. Good new on the eye clinic @Krystyna23040 and hope your eye appointment goes well @PenguinMum - I have uncooperative eyes so can sympathize somewhat.

Have a great day if you can, hope that all journeys undertaken go without incident.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today which is brilliant after a meal out with friends. The most amazing meatballs. Amazeballs!! And lamb shank and veg. Only one small glass red as designated driver. Blood sugars didnt budge all evening. Stayed in early 4s and 5s. Im getting good at making excellent choices eating out. Very happy.

Just going to pick granddaughter up. Babysitting tonight too. Nice to be able to help. She brought tears to our eyes yesterday just watching her play. Such a beautiful girl.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191018-100020_TripAdvisor.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-100020_TripAdvisor.jpg
    992.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot_20191018-100253_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-100253_LibreLink.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: ianpspurs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who woke up, it seems like those self serving, expense fiddling etc, etc politicians have got to show their true selves, I shall be avoiding the media for the next couple of days, speculation on speculation!

A 6.0 this morning

Well folks I hope you are all well and those of you who are not well, are on the mend.
May you have an interesting day with lots of laughter, low carb cake and koffy.
My plans are secret known only to Mrs J who has yet to communicate them to me and me's.
Remember have fun.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi well I survived. It wasnt as straightforward as previously for some reason. Felt very lightheaded in the revovery area and needed to be reviewed due to bleeding and pain. Was glad OH was with me. Once I got painkillers on board and returned home things got much better. Thanks for all the good wishes, they all helped!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi well I survived. It wasnt as straightforward as previously for some reason. Felt very lightheaded in the revovery area and needed to be reviewed due to bleeding and pain. Was glad OH was with me. Once I got painkillers on board and returned home things got much better. Thanks for all the good wishes, they all helped!
Glad you are home and feeling better. Much as it is lovely to hear from you, you need to be resting not posting young lady.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I hope you are resting with the girlcats and the radio and not reading this, but here, for later, is a hug for you.

giphy.gif

Reactions: trick60

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 today which is brilliant after a meal out with friends. The most amazing meatballs. Amazeballs!! And lamb shank and veg. Only one small glass red as designated driver. Blood sugars didnt budge all evening. Stayed in early 4s and 5s. Im getting good at making excellent choices eating out. Very happy.

Just going to pick granddaughter up. Babysitting tonight too. Nice to be able to help. She brought tears to our eyes yesterday just watching her play. Such a beautiful girl.

Nice BG's debs, and lovely review of restaurant.

hatez being stuck right next to others eating.
good that they went quality rather then quantity of customers.:D

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@trick60 A14/M11 is navigable. Parts of the new road opening almost weekly - still delays between St Ives and Cambridge but M11 then fine. Would A1 work for you? @SaskiaKC loved the cricket passage and without boasting I know exactly the feeling described - the days you can hit the ball anywhere you want still vivid in my memory. Now to business. 4.7 for me today if I believe the meter. Really unimpressed by waking around 4.30 and a sudden 2-2.5 kgs of weight gain. Both seem to be due to a drug called tamsulosin - not part of the bladder cancer treatment as such. Off to meet a builder at our proposed new house in Little America today
(where dreams will be costed and fade rapidly) and also mind our too cute and she knows it granddaughter. Moana overload beckons.
@OldButBold the winner isn't for the suffering, shuffling or even the song. It is for your humour and grace in such times.

Thanks Ian, I think I'll take the M1 down and chance a bit more of the M25, and A1 coming home on Sunday

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.2 after restless night. Just sipping first tea of the day then off to the eye clinic to start my new course of injections. Gritty eye day with patch beckons so dont care if it rains. Me my girls and our favourite rug will be camping on the sofa with the radio on mostly today. No 2 son coming Sat and staying o/n so that will be good.
@trick60 hope you find the youngster a bit more settled. Safe journey. @SaskiaKC loving the early birds. @ianpspurs good luck with the builder and enjoy every second with the little one. @OldButBold glad you are hanging on in there and great fbg.
Have a fab Friday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe

Hope the injections weren't too bad PM and you have set up camp on the sofa.

Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yo. my morning Buddies.

MIA i am afraid for a few days, not much to report BG wise.
high 5's low 6's..all good in da hood.

excuses..?
woke up monday fully intent on using my new found free time in a productive fashion..

so set too with the purchase of paints brushes and all the paraphernalia of home decorating
(most i found in tool cupboard well out of date and gone off )
started in kitchen...(ongoing)

only one window in kitchen, it's in it's own alcove,
decided it needed a shelf, bring it back into the room, so to speak.
and it's rather a gloomy window, sadly, so not allowing as much light in as i would like.

SO had an old broken mirror, got my arty head on, so decided to make a mosaic of Mirror and Beach stones from our overseas tours for the side of the window..to reflect as much light back in as possible.
repainted alcove. walls and windows...MUCH Brighter now..
cool.gif

madam has hung up, a few trinkets, wind chimes, i added in two fake plants (easy care) to her Lord Shiva statuette on shelf, and a Buddha figure head above window, and we seem to have gone all 'Hippy'..;)

Then onto bathroom, ugly pipes on display, now covered and painted,
new units sourced and fitted...bathroom now much more pleasant to look at.

then a little bit in the front room, shelving sorted & painted.

Stephs bedroom, the end of stephs clear out and a re arranging of the bed etc,
then off to dump to throw out/recycle all the assorted junk that all that resulted in.

phew...:***:

oh, and Motorcycle started playing up :banghead:..electrics, ( THE Dark arts if ever there was one :woot: )
got time to fix that yesterday.
AND car has a slow puncture, tyre good, going with the old faithful, puncture safe., this afternoon.
( used on bike over many years, not had a single puncture since.:D
Got 3 in one year before..:sorry:..(bike, into the dead space at side of roads when filtering to front in cities, does it.:rolleyes:)

even had time for my NHS cbt therapy training day (1 of 6)..seems ok.

so all in, not a bad weeks work...ached like crazy yesterday, all the bending and lifting, i suspect, just not used to it.
so an early night, and a looong lay in this morning...refreshed, fed and ready to Rock N Roll.

Hope all are ok today.:)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning visiting family for a few days so low carbing is proving more challenging and so is accessing this forum by phone instead of laptop. o_O

I'd like to think once people start seeing the difference it makes in you at first hand, more will be willing to try and moderate their diet as such.

My missus, now eats a lot less carbs, as does her friends..all losing weight, and feeling much better.

Hopefully yours will adapt it slightly and see it's good for YOU, and make a few simple adjustments to accommodate your new needs.
when you visit.

( i can use the phone, for forum, but i also prefer the laptop view and usage.)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi well I survived. It wasnt as straightforward as previously for some reason. Felt very lightheaded in the recovery area and needed to be reviewed due to bleeding and pain. Was glad OH was with me. Once I got painkillers on board and returned home things got much better. Thanks for all the good wishes, they all helped!

Oh dear, not so nice.
good you had someone on hand (well done Mr PM :))

Hope you and the girls ensconced on the sofa, have a truly relaxing afternoon.:happy:

Reactions: geefull

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.1 this morning

it's been a nice sunny, if chilly, day today.

Been helping in the charity shop most of the day today, one of my co-volunteers is leaving at the weekend to spend her annual winter months in Africa (helping out in an Engllish language school ). Would I be envious of her in the heat during our winter, me? ......:sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you - I was puzzling as to why all my blood sugars go up when I do longer fasts. Very short fasts of 15hrs work really well and BS goes down but the more I do longer fasts the worse BS get. I did wonder if it is because I am also doing only 20g carbs.

Hi there. Here are a couple of dietdoctor links that might help. Even if your BG goes up a bit temporarily on a longer fast, over time your base level should improve. I also find that the lower carb I go (tending towards carnivore at the moment) the flatter my BG whether fasting or not.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/why-is-blood-glucose-elevated-when-fasting

https://www.dietdoctor.com/why-does-blood-sugar-increase-during-a-fast

Reactions: DJC3