Don’t give up hope

goddy225

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi my name is Stef I thought I would share my journey with you

I was diagnosed T2 on the 20th of may with a hbh1c of 115 put straight on 2 x 500 metformin and statins and blood pressure tablets. 2 weeks later my hbh1c was down to 105 which gave me lots of hope of getting it down further. I brought loads of books on diabetes and read all I could on the subject. Got loads of useful information from this web site on how to go forward, I hoped that the lchf diet would work for me so dived in head first. I used to live on carbs before fast meals on the road for work. I stopped all suger and fruit juice as the books said,started walking in my dinner time at work and brought a mountain bike, and to be honest quiet enjoyed the challenge of try to get my sugar levels down. 4 months later had my bloods taken again and my hbh1c is down to 45,my cholesterol has halved down to 3.5 and blood pressure is way down too. I now walk 4 times a week and go on my bike twice a week and love it , I got a good kick up the behind with T2 and changed my life style to help myself, I have lost 45 lbs as well and feel a lot better. I have posted this to hopefully show people that the diets and exercise do work so don’t give up . This is a brilliant forum with lots of great knowledgable people on it, thanks for all the help and motivation.

Edited by moderator to replace profanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bacardizip

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done on your achievements, from another low carber and Metformin taker, enlightened by this forum. Stick around you will certainly act as inspiration for others.

Reactions: goddy225

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Congratulations it feels really good to turn things around I lost weight and I am no longer on meds

FatFred1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations & well done, however I do need to ask - has your diabetes now gone into remission as you're no longer on medication OR are you still taking the Metformin?

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
I was on 4 metformin a day. I no longer take them and yes my diabetes has gone into remission! Providing I keep eating sensibly it should remain so, it's a case of keeping vigilant about the quality of the food I eat and believe me I have never ate so well never again will I eat processed foods. I am almost 72 now and I am feeling great, my blood sugar which I still keep a weekly check is on average fasting 5.7 it was at one time 19 my Doctor was going to put me on insulin but now nothing at all just great food, and very little sugar. Good luck to everyone on their own journey, it can be done and once accomplished its a wonderful relief.