Freestyle Libre and time change error?

TheScribbler

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I changed to a new sensor this evening slightly before the old sensor had expired and left the old one in place. I started the new sensor with my iPhone and did the first scan after an hour. I did about another 6 scans over the next few hours. The readings appeared on the daily graph as normal and in the log on the LibreLink app.

After a few hours I tried to scan the old sensor by mistake, and then scanned the new one again. When I looked at the daily graph, the time change clock symbol had appeared when the old sensor had ended and all the readings between then and when I tried to scan the old sensor again had disappeared. All the readings are there in the log, but they just don’t show on the daily graph. The graph starts again with the first scan after I tried to scan the old sensor.

It’s not a problem for me, and everything else seems to be normal, but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them.

AC6CC758-B4FE-4E82-93B8-E6A85ABFBCB3.png

MrAngel

I've had a similar issue today, but without overlapping sensors. I scanned the sensor and sent a friend a screenshot because they asked if I was low. A while later I scanned again, and the last 8 hours of readings had been replaced by a "time zone changed" icon.

This is the second time I've had this issue; but wondered if there was someone I should report it to, given that I happened to have screenshots showing the data that later vanished this time.

No idea where to report bugs to, though. Googling "freestyle libre bug reports" only brought me to this post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-18-16-35-46.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-18-16-35-46.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 723
  • Screenshot_2019-10-18-18-53-09.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-18-18-53-09.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 795

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I reported a similar occurrence to Abbott a while back and the most credible explanation was a mobile network blip. Certainly one I couldn't prove or disprove so just reluctantly accepted it. Don't remember if they replaced the sensor. As you say, no real harm done as all the numbers had been sent to libreview server.

Scarlettsmom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is 2023, 4 years later and I'm also experiencing this issue. The drawback is that I no longer have access to data automatically collected by the sensor, only the manual data collected in the log for the graph gap, if any.

If it's in the server, hire do I retrieve?

johnvm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
December 2023 and I have experienced the same error. It is absolutely *not* 'a mobile network blip' because I simultaneously see the time on my smartphone (which is GMT as are the non-networked clocks around the house) when the Libre App is giving me CET! The phone and the sensor that LibreLink is scanning are both (with me) in Oxfordshire and GMT. So this is a fault in the Abbot app or their sensor, or both.