I need advice

lollienic

Hi everyone so my daughter who is 6 and T1 and has been for three years is going to be having the free style libre fitted next Wednesday but just wanted opinions from people that are T1
Thank you in advance
Nicola

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
. . . . . just wanted opinions from people that are T1

Just a cheeky question from a type II. Will our experiences be different?
Some of the concerns that I have seen over the last two years have been to do with reactions to the adhesive used, which I would have assumed would have been similar for type I and type II. Personally, no problems in 2 years.
Another concern is accuracy and I have noticed differences in the first 24 hours and the last 24 hrs, not always but enough to make sure I prick my fingers as well.
I have questions over the introduction of sensors with bluetooth which they say will enable alarms to be set making it more like a CGM. I have used a device called a Miaomiao which is brilliant, it's an add on which really does make is more like a CGM. The only problems have been where the miaomiao device comes away from the FS Libre sensor. Just annoying for me, not life threatening.
From my point of view, it has been a life changer, I'd like to think that it is for type Is as well.
All the very best, I'm sure it will make a big difference.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
The Libre is great for seeing trends and your daughter may have fun with the new “toy”.
It does not hurt on application.
There can be some problems with accuracy and allergies.

Triscornia

Hi everyone so my daughter who is 6 and T1 and has been for three years is going to be having the free style libre fitted next Wednesday but just wanted opinions from people that are T1
Thank you in advance
Nicola

Hi ,

My son is 15 and diagnosed in Feb. I just met a mum who’s daughter is 4 and has type1. The libre is brilliant which I use but the new mum told me about libre link up it’s a different level. So when your child is at school and they or an adult checks their level it will show on your phone. I can always know now what my son’s level is when he is not with me.
The best of luck. Hope it helps.