Type2, Low Carbing, Komboglyze ?

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
My MD just switched me over from my regular metformin and onglyza to Komboglyze. (I used to be on glyburide... nasty stuff that.)
But I've been low carbing (average <120gr of carbohydrate/day ~1100C/day) now for about five months. I've lost 20lbs. I used to just count calories over on MyFitnessPal, but since low carbing I'm logging on LowCarbProgram as well.

My stomach never had difficulties adjusting to Metformin which I started almost a decade ago. But now my stomach, though not outright nauseous, always queezy, and I'm a little unstable, is having a hard time adjusting to this Komboglyze medication.. I guess I just have to be patient. (I'm in Canada)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It could be something as simple as the coating on the tablets that is causing your discomfort. Something that time may or may not address.

Reactions: oldnevada

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It could be something as simple as the coating on the tablets that is causing your discomfort. Something that time may or may not address.
Thank-you!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My MD just switched me over from my regular metformin and onglyza to Komboglyze. (I used to be on glyburide... nasty stuff that.)
But I've been low carbing (average <120gr of carbohydrate/day ~1100C/day) now for about five months. I've lost 20lbs. I used to just count calories over on MyFitnessPal, but since low carbing I'm logging on LowCarbProgram as well.

My stomach never had difficulties adjusting to Metformin which I started almost a decade ago. But now my stomach, though not outright nauseous, always queezy, and I'm a little unstable, is having a hard time adjusting to this Komboglyze medication.. I guess I just have to be patient. (I'm in Canada)

Are you measuring your blood sugar? What kind of results are you seeing?

Would you consider cutting carbs more dramatically if it could lead to a reduction in medication.. has your MD ever mentioned this to you?

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Are you measuring your blood sugar? What kind of results are you seeing?

Would you consider cutting carbs more dramatically if it could lead to a reduction in medication.. has your MD ever mentioned this to you?
Hey @bulkbiker
Yes, I am checking my BG throughout the day. I'm waking up in the morning with a a 5.8mmol/L, and a 6 three hours after a meal.
and I AM low carbing. 120gr of carbs per day and logging on lowcarbprogramme on-line.

No she didn't suggest I use the ketogenic as I told her I was low carbing. She says that she low carbs and was pleased that I am, and that I have weight loss. Ketogenic is probably too drastic for me at the moment.

Thanks for your answer.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ketogenic is probably too drastic for me at the moment.
Not sure I would concur as instead of keto you are taking medication that doesn't agree with you... In your shoes I'd be going for the drastic drug free route.

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My MD gave me a prescription for my next blood work. See how my HbA1c shows up.
She believes in the intermittent fasting thing as well.