What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hallelujah I've caught up!

Love love love this thread.

@SaskiaKC anything apt emoticon wise. I wait with baited breath. I know it will bring a smile to my face.

Many different challenges for many forum.
Members. But the support on here helps immensely dont you think?

So its goodnight from me. See you in the morning my friends.

t31137.gif

m19043.gif

m19031.gif

t4122.gif

m19082.gif

m19141.gif

m19074.gif

m19078.gif

m19060.gif

m19104.gif

m19123.gif

t31161.gif

m19165.gif

t2234.gif

Reactions: DJC3 and mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

I am keeping my blood sugars steady mostly in the 6's the way I am eating at the moment.

Last few days have been:

Waking up (it was 3:30 am this morning) I have a teaspoon hazelnut butter and black coffee (unless I have something to eat on waking my blood sugar rises and rises and this is easy to do).

A few hours later (it will be 8 am this morning because I have to go out) I will have a handful cashew nuts and walnuts and one chocolate Brazil nut.

About midday to one pm will be my main meal which can be eggs/cheeses/cold meats

Later in the afternoon it will probably be a handful nuts and maybe some dark chocolate (but I mean a really tiny bit, not even one square), although yesterday I had beef broth instead of nuts and my tiny bit of chocolate.

I have some very tiny packets of pork scratchings (got from a local shop), you can put the contents of the packet in your hand and close your hand over them. This satisfies my need for some crunch, and it is a fraction of what is in a normal sized bag of.pork scratchings which is too big for me now.

I have tea, black coffee, coffee with cream, herbal teas in the day. I still have a raspberry bush fruiting orange raspberries (which usually goes on to end November) so a few of those. I have some freeze dried fruit, so a few pieces of that. I have some sun dried strawberries, so one or three of those. I might have another teaspoon of a nut butter in the kitchen as I am waiting for the kettle to boil. A gin and tonic comes into this occasionally or a sherry. And occasionally a slice of Gouda cheese as I pass through the kitchen.

But I don't eat after 3 pm ish.

That is where I am at the moment with food and 24/7 it is keeping me steadily most of the time in the 6's. And sometimes with a 5 thrown in.

Have a good day and weekend.
And hugs for those who need them.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi well I survived. It wasnt as straightforward as previously for some reason. Felt very lightheaded in the revovery area and needed to be reviewed due to bleeding and pain. Was glad OH was with me. Once I got painkillers on board and returned home things got much better. Thanks for all the good wishes, they all helped!
Sorry you are having to go through this. Hope no pain now. How are things today?

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, and nighty night @SaskiaKC ,a 5.4 on the testing dice after taking a mortgage out on two new batteries for it.
Have a lovely day all, I may be spotted in Rochester and Canterbury today, I'll be the one standing forlornly outside charity shops and various ladies fashion emporiums along the high street, generally with a group of other abandoned fellas pressing there noses against windows and wondering out loud "How can they be so long in such a tiny shop" and "Not another handbag, please Lord not another handbag, is it a competition to own every handbag in the universe", anyway enough ramblings, TTFN.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A source close to my meter briefed the D.CUK forum that a 4.6 deal would be spun as today's farrago of semi truth and propaganda. @trick60 - I feel your pain (translates as wot, no rugger?) The kaleidoscope of events I currently inhabit is full of possibility today. Who was Henry Martyn that I must needs remember him today? Will my prayers for injury free, exciting but fairly played matches produce wins for England and Ireland? Can the Greased Pig be stopped before the slow motion car crash he so needs (and my grandchildren so don't) produces the inevitable aftermath? Will I get a badge for being a brave boy having my flu jab and can I remain ignorant of events in Japan while queuing for said jab? Anyhow, the builder's calculator must be in overdrive from yesterday and all still on track for my move to Little America https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40457736. Happy Fall.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd like to think once people start seeing the difference it makes in you at first hand, more will be willing to try and moderate their diet as such.

My missus, now eats a lot less carbs, as does her friends..all losing weight, and feeling much better.

Hopefully yours will adapt it slightly and see it's good for YOU, and make a few simple adjustments to accommodate your new needs.
when you visit.

( i can use the phone, for forum, but i also prefer the laptop view and usage.)
Trouble sleeping

A few of you have been posting about lack of sleep. Well I was having a koffy with a wood working pal of my mine who always wakes early 5:30ish. I've set the scene.

So 3 nights ago he had a headache and took some Ibrufrofen and didn't wake up till 7:00 am, so he has repeated this and now doesn't wake till approximately 7:00am.
I find that paracetamol sometimes aids sleep too .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Posting Fbg 12hr late! It was 5.8
Been looking after grandchildren too @Muddy Cyclist @ianpspurs and @Debandez Took them to the climbing wall then settled them into crafty afternoon making bottle lamps they can give for Christmas presents ( painting empty wine bottles and putting fairy lights in them- we have quite a lot of empty wine bottles embarrassingly)
@PenguinMum I do hope your eyes are ok now and you had a relaxing afternoon on the sofa with your cuddly pals.
@Krystyna230410 glad your eye clinic went well - shall we remind you in Dec not to stress?
@jjraak I’m loving the sound of your hippy decor.
@mojo37 I always use my phone as I don’t have a laptop. A word of warning - I got a horrible episode of rsi in my shoulder after spending too much time on the forum.
My phone is a s5 I think and although it’s an IPhone it’s sort of small and pocket size great for carrying ( in the pocket lol ) but not the best for messaging on forums :)

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

I am keeping my blood sugars steady in the 6's the way I am eating at the moment.

Last few days have been:

Waking up (it was 3:30 am this morning) I have a teaspoon hazelnut butter and black coffee (unless I have something to eat on waking my blood sugar rises and rises and this is easy to do).

A few hours later (it will be 8 am this morning because I have to go out) I will have a handful cashew nuts and walnuts and one chocolate Brazil nut.

About midday to one pm will be my main meal which can be eggs/cheeses/cold meats

Later in the afternoon it will probably be a handful nuts and maybe some dark chocolate (but I mean a really tiny bit, not even one square), although yesterday I had beef broth instead of nuts and my tiny bit of chocolate.

I have some very tiny packets of pork scratchings (got from a local shop), you can put the contents of the packet in your hand and close your hand over them. This satisfies my need for some crunch, and it is a fraction of what is in a normal sized bag of.pork scratchings which is too big for me now.

I have tea, black coffee, coffee with cream, herbal teas in the day. I still have a raspberry bush fruiting orange raspberries (which usually goes on to end November) so a few of those. I have some freeze dried fruit, so a few pieces of that. I have some sun dried strawberries, so one or three of those. I might have another teaspoon of a nut butter in the kitchen as I am waiting for the kettle to boil. A gin and tonic comes into this occasionally or a sherry. And occasionally a slice of Gouda cheese as I pass through the kitchen.

But I don't eat after 3 pm ish.

That is where I am at the moment with food and 24/7 it is keeping me steadily in the 6's. And sometimes a 5.

Have a good day and weekend.
And hugs for those who need them.
We all have to find what works for us I too find that if I don’t eat soon after waking up my BG goes up not down maybe my liver is assuming that I m in for a busy day and tries to help by realising it’s plentiful supply of glucose

Reactions: DJC3

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, and nighty night @SaskiaKC ,a 5.4 on the testing dice after taking a mortgage out on two new batteries for it.
Have a lovely day all, I may be spotted in Rochester and Canterbury today, I'll be the one standing forlornly outside charity shops and various ladies fashion emporiums along the high street, generally with a group of other abandoned fellas pressing there noses against windows and wondering out loud "How can they be so long in such a tiny shop" and "Not another handbag, please Lord not another handbag, is it a competition to own every handbag in the universe", anyway enough ramblings, TTFN.
Funny and a winner wish we could press more than one icon thingy :)

Reactions: trick60

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all have to find what works for us I too find that if I don’t eat soon after waking up my BG goes up not down maybe my liver is assuming that I m in for a busy day and tries to help by realising it’s plentiful supply of glucose

It is hard how to gauge all this isn’t it. And how to cater for it. And what is the best course of action for me/ourselves?

Reactions: jjraak

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A slightly disappointing 6.3 this morning after a run of 5’s especially having walked for 5 miles yesterday. Funny how we soon get get used to things a few months ago I was over carbing like it was going out of fashion and when I did test ( which wasn’t very often ) I was getting 8 ‘s and 9 ‘s in the morning so 6’s or a decent improvement really I am now telling myself .

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A slightly disappointing 6.3 this morning after a run of 5’s especially having walked for 5 miles yesterday. Funny how we soon get get used to things a few months ago I was over carbing like it was going out of fashion and when I did test ( which wasn’t very often ) I was getting 8 ‘s and 9 ‘s in the morning so 6’s or a decent improvement really I am now telling myself .
I am exactly the same - when you are getting fbs in the 5s an occasional reading in the 6s is disappointing - even though a fbs in the 6s is a really decent improvement when your fbs have been in the 8s and 9s.

Reactions: DJC3