Levemir smell

VickiJ

Levemir Smell.
Hi. Feeling a bit silly asking about this..... I am only on Levemir 6 units each evening - started about 2 months ago. I might be imagining it but I feel that I can smell Levemir on my skin and when I go to the bathroom over the 24 hours . Is this wierd???

Last edited:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well insulin does have a smell. And possibly if after the airshot some smears on your skin you might smell it for a while, not sure it would last the 24hrs though.

Reactions: Lillyse and VickiJ

Lillyse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf says my stomach smells of insulin. :***: I use Lantus and Lispro but all insulin I've used have had this special scent to it.

Reactions: VickiJ

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Levemir and don't believe I have an insulin smell after a few minutes

Robin233

BANNED
Levemir Smell.
Hi. Feeling a bit silly asking about this..... I am only on Levemir 6 units each evening - started about 2 months ago. I might be imagining it but I feel that I can smell Levemir on my skin and when I go to the bathroom over the 24 hours . Is this wierd???

If you use Levemir for a long time or if it is used too much, it may cause an allergic reaction, which will cause your body to have some Levemir smell.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Levemir Smell.
My cat smells of Lantus, -and that can last a day or two- haven't checked his urine though. (He's the only one here who uses insulin).

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
If you use Levemir for a long time or if it is used too much, it may cause an allergic reaction, which will cause your body to have some Levemir smell.

This is incorrect - please explain where you are getting this information from ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Where have you conjured this up from ?