What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yo. my morning Buddies.

MIA i am afraid for a few days, not much to report BG wise.
high 5's low 6's..all good in da hood.

excuses..?
woke up monday fully intent on using my new found free time in a productive fashion..

so set too with the purchase of paints brushes and all the paraphernalia of home decorating
(most i found in tool cupboard well out of date and gone off )
started in kitchen...(ongoing)

only one window in kitchen, it's in it's own alcove,
decided it needed a shelf, bring it back into the room, so to speak.
and it's rather a gloomy window, sadly, so not allowing as much light in as i would like.

SO had an old broken mirror, got my arty head on, so decided to make a mosaic of Mirror and Beach stones from our overseas tours for the side of the window..to reflect as much light back in as possible.
repainted alcove. walls and windows...MUCH Brighter now..
cool.gif

madam has hung up, a few trinkets, wind chimes, i added in two fake plants (easy care) to her Lord Shiva statuette on shelf, and a Buddha figure head above window, and we seem to have gone all 'Hippy'..;)

Then onto bathroom, ugly pipes on display, now covered and painted,
new units sourced and fitted...bathroom now much more pleasant to look at.

then a little bit in the front room, shelving sorted & painted.

Stephs bedroom, the end of stephs clear out and a re arranging of the bed etc,
then off to dump to throw out/recycle all the assorted junk that all that resulted in.

phew...:***:

oh, and Motorcycle started playing up :banghead:..electrics, ( THE Dark arts if ever there was one :woot: )
got time to fix that yesterday.
AND car has a slow puncture, tyre good, going with the old faithful, puncture safe., this afternoon.
( used on bike over many years, not had a single puncture since.:D
Got 3 in one year before..:sorry:..(bike, into the dead space at side of roads when filtering to front in cities, does it.:rolleyes:)

even had time for my NHS cbt therapy training day (1 of 6)..seems ok.

so all in, not a bad weeks work...ached like crazy yesterday, all the bending and lifting, i suspect, just not used to it.
so an early night, and a looong lay in this morning...refreshed, fed and ready to Rock N Roll.

Hope all are ok today.:)
Oh I am exhausted just reading about all this activity - but good on you for filling your time with interesting projects. I think that I may have been tempted to spend several hours out on the road ensuring that my bike was now fully functional. Rock and Roll.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi well I survived. It wasnt as straightforward as previously for some reason. Felt very lightheaded in the revovery area and needed to be reviewed due to bleeding and pain. Was glad OH was with me. Once I got painkillers on board and returned home things got much better. Thanks for all the good wishes, they all helped!
hope your eye feels OK this morning and isn't too sore and gritty.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. A big day for the media, rugby and parliament, I shall miss both. I have more important things going on in my life, that is important to me and me's.

A low for me 5.1 this morning, seeing as I shall be using some dangerous machinery today I will probably ingest a higher carb than normal breakfast and go sparingly with the insulin this morning, degree level maths has nothing on the diabetes equations that we all have to contend with.

Well folks the BBC's work of science fiction and fantasy known to all as the weather forecast is rain free for the great metropolis of Tilehurst and it would be nice if the unknown laws of chaos were to play nicely with the weather. Butterfly go flap your wings elsewhere. Please.
I have no idea of your plans for today, but may they be filled with pleasure and illness free, remembering it's ok to bark at the postman, smile at a traffic warden and argue pointlessly with Jehovah's witnesses, it gives their day meaning and a sense of fulfillment.
Just for information I have nothing against Jehovah's witnesses, they don't bark endlessly, foul the footpaths, kill birds etc, please don't start me on politicians.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a bit of a damp squib start to Saturday - will it improve - one hopes.

Anyhow, the wonder wheel of misinformation and tragedic projections generated a 5.4 this am

Yesterday, walking into town, I realised that I was not wearing my Fitbit watch. My first though, “Oh no, now my steps will not be recorded” - What silliness - I wonder if Edmund Hillary didn’t actually climb a big hill or if Rodger Bansiter didn’t really dash about very quickly. So much reliance on what are, after all, merely toys for us so called grown ups. In protest, i am leaving my phone at home today.

Best dash, my turn to help with the two weekly hygiene inspections at our GP surgery- I just like the gloves and surgical masks, and being called Doctor Kildare.

Have a great day if you can, @trick60 - must be a decent pub in Canterbury screening Rugby - shopping for bags and shoes - nooooo!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.9 not surprising really after a very anxious day yesterday. Progress to report woke up without the large black floaters and the stabbing pain. Eye looks and feels punched so am leaving my eye patch on till tomo. Not really sure what went wrong yesterday other than it was very rushed. Maybe I have just turned into a big wuss! I have decided not to go for my flu jab today, will rearrange. Good luck to @ianpspurs with yours and hope you enjoy the rugby. Loving the emoticons @gennepher and @Saskia thanks for the hugging cats. Thanks for all the good wishes, still helping. Best wishes to you all. Stay well, stay safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 and the sun is shining. Feeling somewhat easier in myself today, and I must confess to being a very naughty little tyke yesterday when I indulged in some chip shop chips gifted to me by a neighbour. Couldn't turn them down, could I? He was being generous in offering a helping hand. I could have refused the chocolate... but I didn't, and so I am very very surprised to see that score. Maybe the whisky I had after cancelled everything out :joyful::)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My phone is a s5 I think and although it’s an IPhone it’s sort of small and pocket size great for carrying ( in the pocket lol ) but not the best for messaging on forums :)

I know what you mean. Mines a bit bigger (6s) but I still wanted to be able to put it in my pocket - it’s a compromise isn’t it? I use the forum app which I like because I’m used to it I guess. I know a lot of folk don’t like it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6.2 and another 6 hours sleep, feel like I'm getting lazy now I've slipped into a longer sleep pattern, ah well it must be doing me good and also much needed with the long gig looming this evening.

Spent yesterday painting another granddaughters bedroom whilst looking after youngest one, interesting! Bedroom is now a beautiful Unicorn Purple and Fairy Pink, don't ask, granddaughter loves it and now wants me to paint a unicorn mural on wall.

It is hard how to gauge all this isn’t it. And how to cater for it. And what is the best course of action for me/ourselves?
Always impressed with your tanacity and successful efforts to understand it, brilliant!

@PenguinMum Hugs and hope you have a comfortable day.
@trick60 enjoy your loitering.

Enjoy your Saturday be greatfull you are not politicians having to work on a Saturday, keep warm, dry and safe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A disappointing 6.5 this morning. I agree @mojo37 and Krystyna23040 when you’ve had a run of 5s it is a shock to jump into 6s again. I have to give myself a good talking to, to stop it colouring my whole day.
@PenguinMum I’m glad you are feeling ok this morning but another day of rest sounds very sensible.

Reactions: dunelm

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...worked in London last night finished relatively early had time to pop in & see a friend... heading home my wheel hit something in the road the tyre split...possibly a pot hole or a sharp stone who knows...pulled into the side of the road called my breakdown cover spoke to the most ignorant young man who stated it wasn't covered it wasn't mechanical he insisted I call my insurers...finally called the insurers spoke to an equally unhelpful young man who just put the phone down...sat in the midst of Kentish Town for four hours fortunately found a mobile company who came out...checked the wheel...changed the tyre fitted a new tyre on the spare and I was on my way...finally got home & to bed at 4am...have spoken to the insurers & the breakdown company this morning made my feelings clear they are investigating...have told them what happened last night was so bad it's a must for an honest social media review...needless to say I have re-joined the AA...woke to a not surprising 6.8.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.9 not surprising really after a very anxious day yesterday. Progress to report woke up without the large black floaters and the stabbing pain. Eye looks and feels punched so am leaving my eye patch on till tomo. Not really sure what went wrong yesterday other than it was very rushed. Maybe I have just turned into a big wuss! I have decided not to go for my flu jab today, will rearrange. Good luck to @ianpspurs with yours and hope you enjoy the rugby. Loving the emoticons @gennepher and @Saskia thanks for the hugging cats. Thanks for all the good wishes, still helping. Best wishes to you all. Stay well, stay safe.
Hug for the post eye treatment torment but good call on swerving the flu jab today. @OldButBold glad you are feeling more upbeat and yesterday's treats will be our little secret - no one else reading this. @DJC3 numbers schumbers, could easily be 5.6 or 3.2 - don't sweat the small stuff. @Muddy Cyclist have a great gig. Parts 1,2 and 3 of my day went to plan and ABs can't officially win before midday so at least 50% of the day on track.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HartyBeau what a dreadful experience yesterday. There’s absolutely no need for the unhelpful attitude. When something like that happens you are bound to be stressed so you need a calm reassuring voice in the other end of the phone, even if they weren’t going to help they could have directed you to a local garage, or simply sounded apologetic and caring.
Yet another late night for you, hope you can have a day on the sofa today.
I’m in the AA and have always found them to be wonderful, good that you’ve changed back.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...worked in London last night finished relatively early had time to pop in & see a friend... heading home my wheel hit something in the road the tyre split...possibly a pot hole or a sharp stone who knows...pulled into the side of the road called my breakdown cover spoke to the most ignorant young man who stated it wasn't covered it wasn't mechanical he insisted I call my insurers...finally called the insurers spoke to an equally unhelpful young man who just put the phone down...sat in the midst of Kentish Town for four hours fortunately found a mobile company who came out...checked the wheel...changed the tyre fitted a new tyre on the spare and I was on my way...finally got home & to bed at 4am...have spoken to the insurers & the breakdown company this morning made my feelings clear they are investigating...have told them what happened last night was so bad it's a must for an honest social media review...needless to say I have re-joined the AA...woke to a not surprising 6.8.
Oh my goodness what terrible service to a lady on her own broken down in the middle of the night in an unknown location. Whoever they are that company has failed and if they are linked to the insurance company they should lose their contract. I always thought a tyre failure was covered by breakdown cover...you’ve got me worried now and need to check mine. Even if you werent covered they should have offered to fix it at a cost rather than leave you stranded. Hugs and hugs. Thank goodness you got home safely.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 numbers schumbers, could easily be 5.6 or 3.2 - don't sweat the small stuff. .

You’re right of course, but easier said than done sometimes.
Hope the flu jab is painless, mine was and no aches and pains afterwards thankfully.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You’re right of course, but easier said than done sometimes.
Hope the flu jab is painless, mine was and no aches and pains afterwards thankfully.
My under 65s jab seems fine. Julie had the over 65 jab plus pneumonia jab. Pointless supporting Ireland now so I'll give it up for music and a free electric band.

Last edited: