ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighed early this week as feeling dreadful. Nauseous and tired but sooo uncomfortable to be either in armchair with or bed. Walking is giving me trauma. My body is sooooo stressed out. I hv a suspected gallstone. Awaiting a scan again. In loads of pain. :( :( :(
New stomach is constantly gurgling even with food in it.
5yrs of now unexplained back/pelvic pain is being slowly investigated, I think.
On plus side my water balloon tummy is NOT from obesity. Also have started losing again due to no basal insulin other than metformin and corrective novarapid. Metformin is avoided in times of diarrhea which is now. Even on codeine painkillers.

My weight yesterday was 108.60kgs. :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a new bathroom floor fitted. It worked. ;) OK with a bariatric op too. I must confess.
The tiled floor I have now is much better than the slate floor I had previously, definitely had to be careful where I placed the scales on that. I might not be losing weight but have dropped a dress sizes so all to the good.

Reactions: Prem51

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighed early this week as feeling dreadful. Nauseous and tired but sooo uncomfortable to be either in armchair with or bed. Walking is giving me trauma. My body is sooooo stressed out. I hv a suspected gallstone. Awaiting a scan again. In loads of pain. :( :( :(
New stomach is constantly gurgling even with food in it.
5yrs of now unexplained back/pelvic pain is being slowly investigated, I think.
On plus side my water balloon tummy is NOT from obesity. Also have started losing again due to no basal insulin other than metformin and corrective novarapid. Metformin is avoided in times of diarrhea which is now. Even on codeine painkillers.

My weight yesterday was 108.60kgs. :)
I want to make you a "winner and give you a "hug". Can only choose one so give the "hug" and hope you are feeling better soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I want to make you a "winner and give you a "hug". Can only choose one so give the "hug" and hope you are feeling better soon.
Thx @Ryhia. I was ment to go to Asda Tuesday then today but cannot face the pain even just walking through isles. I've decided to do a small on-line delivery instead. Ordering at my pace.
I need to keep walking though. Just cuddled into a brand new winter quilt. So it's giving me your hug. Ha ha I'm beginning to resent duvet days. I want to be out enjoying myself. I think snow will come early this year, for us. Icy night last night. Hv you had your flu jab yet?
Still awaiting gallbladder/liver and ovaries scan date. I'm soooo impatient. Antibiotics are nearly finished. However antispasm tablets are a godsend.
Its always lovely to see your posts. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes and yes, well past the change, and thyroid checked out ok about six months ago. Have always been slim, BMI almost exactly on the underwight line. Also do eat plenty.
I found out last week my blood tests status was of a person who has already gone through the change. I'm 48 so I'm delighted. I barely felt it.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thx @Ryhia. I was ment to go to Asda Tuesday then today but cannot face the pain even just walking through isles. I've decided to do a small on-line delivery instead. Ordering at my pace. I need to keep walking though. Just cuddled into a brand new winter quilt. So it's giving me your hug. Ha ha I'm beginning to resent duvet days. I want to be out enjoying myself. I think snow will come early this year, for us. Icy night last night. Hv you had your flu jab yet?
Still awaiting gallbladder/liver and ovaries scan date. I'm soooo impatient. Antibiotics are nearly finished. However antispasm tablets are a godsend.
Its always lovely to see your posts. :)

Think you are correct about the winter as there are lots of berries on the trees which the old wives tales would say is an indication of a harsh winter to come. Hope it doesn't come too soon as we plan to visit family in Wiltshire late November a very long motorway drive away.

A bit ambivalent about the flu jab, I refused it last year as I have seen a number of friends and acquaintances come down with flu not long after their jabs. Just not sure of its effectiveness as I understand decisions are made around a year in advance as to what flu strains will be included by which time the virus is likely to have mutated.

Hope you get a scan date soon,
Regards C.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well managed to lose the few ounces I need to bring me down to 57 kilos. Hope my cholesterol is going in the same direction. Lol.

Rocklobster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I weighed yesterday at 21st 3lbs, previous was 21st 8lbs two weeks ago. So really pleased with that and enjoying being under 300lbs.

Not very impressed by my new scales though, I have to place them on the exact square on the kitchen floor and even then they seem temperamental. Typical when the reviews went on about how accurate they are! Oh well it doesn't change any weight loss.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I weighed yesterday at 21st 3lbs, previous was 21st 8lbs two weeks ago. So really pleased with that and enjoying being under 300lbs.

Not very impressed by my new scales though, I have to place them on the exact square on the kitchen floor and even then they seem temperamental. Typical when the reviews went on about how accurate they are! Oh well it doesn't change any weight loss.
Snap re the scales.

Reactions: Rocklobster

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

My scales live in the same place, on a chopping board, on our bathroom floor. They're not moved, except for cleaning the floor, obviously. On the floor itself, they seemed a bit unstable. I was astonished how much difference it made, in terms of consistency

Reactions: Rocklobster

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok so i put on 100g this week. Which does not seem much but its more that i consider it a 2lb gain as on average i loose.

Had my first "break" from my healthy eating plan in 3 months, still didn't have anything carby etc, but was away with friends so had a few glasses of wine and a higher quantity of meat and such then i would have done. (also we were on holiday so cooked breakfast every day right?)

Either way, i had a fantastic weekend and im back on it this week with a gym session this morning. Not going to do any thing else different to try and increase weight loss as that road leads to failure in my experience.

Just carry on with what was working before!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well back on severe pain relief but at least I can walk in spurts.
I saw 107.70kgs on scales. Best I've had for 2 decades.
My goal is 99kgs or less. New dress fits everywhere except back. So 99kgs will be celebrated in style. :) :) :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
0.5 kg put on since last post now 73 kg. A bit ambivalent about that as have been thinking family may be right and I went a bit too far with the weight loss.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I haven't posted on here for a while because my weight has been fairly stable at around 155 - 156 lbs.
But yesterday (Friday 25/10) it was 153.0 lbs.
I have been going more carnivore lately.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I didn't weigh lately as I never lose when on menstrual peak. Will weigh on Friday although I'm on kids blackberry week off so eating is regimented and seems constant. That's living with strapping lads for you, eh? Planning on walking even though on max. opioids to do it. I'm not put off by rain but windy days will hamper my exercise.
Had to go back on basal insulin as Metformin wasn't enough. Reduced units though. Maybe far less bolus units too. I won't rest til either no insulin or very little. Looking to lose another 1.5sts before I consider op a success.
Maybe Friday weigh-in may surprise me. I'd like that.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost a few ounces over the week but didn't think it worth reporting on Friday. Accidentally missed supper yesterday (was out, got back too late to eat) and today weight down to 56 kilos, lost a kilo since last Friday. Lets hope its not water loss. Current BMI is 24.5. :)

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok so i put on 100g this week. Which does not seem much but its more that i consider it a 2lb gain as on average i loose.

Had my first "break" from my healthy eating plan in 3 months, still didn't have anything carby etc, but was away with friends so had a few glasses of wine and a higher quantity of meat and such then i would have done. (also we were on holiday so cooked breakfast every day right?)

Either way, i had a fantastic weekend and im back on it this week with a gym session this morning. Not going to do any thing else different to try and increase weight loss as that road leads to failure in my experience.

Just carry on with what was working before!

85kg this week, so about 4.5lb loss. This averages out at the 2lb per week i aim for inclusive of last weeks fail! Didn't do anything different this week, carried on with sensible eating maybe did a little bit more training.

That is my "mid point" to my final goal of the "mid point" of my healthy weight. 50lb/3.5 stone loss in total. Feeling very good and getting much fitter :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have put on a kilogram in the last three days now 74 Kg, we are not amused.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Scales still showing 56 kilos this week, but ok with that. Weight might be coming off really slow now but skin seems to be gaining some elasticity and seems healthier.