newly diagnosed

aard

Hi,

newly diagnosed, not too bad at 6.6. What I was wondering was for the last few yrs I’ve had weird feeling ,hard to explain, best expressed as feeling like s*** (sorry lang). Sort of just a general rundown feeling like when you have a cold.

Always in morning, comes and gos through day.

Not looking for diagnosis :) just wondering about others experiences with diabetes is and if this sounds familiar.

I have read diabetes makes you more susceptible to other health issues so maybe this it.

thx in advance.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Get an Hba1C blood test done. ONLY way to know

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome

It could be related to the diabetes or it could be unrelated- for example you may have low iron levels.

Probably the best thing you can do is to have a meter and test your levels regularly. Then you can see if the levels are higher when you are not feeling great.

Knowing your levels really makes a difference as if they are under control it may be something unrelated.

aard

sorry if weren't clear I have had hb1ac thats the 6.6 is , i am diagnosed as having diabetes.

I have loads of tests which are all come out as perfect. The only thing I fail is the diabetes test.

Its weird but with finger pricking tests Im never out of range except if i eat white bread(which ive stopped). Asa test I tried coke and chocolate and even they didn't spike me.

at the moment im inclined to think its not diabetes related, make if easier if it was :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Sorry, but none of that equates.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
When you say in range - what range are you working to?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sorry if weren't clear I have had hb1ac thats the 6.6 is , i am diagnosed as having diabetes.

I have loads of tests which are all come out as perfect. The only thing I fail is the diabetes test.

Its weird but with finger pricking tests Im never out of range except if i eat white bread(which ive stopped). Asa test I tried coke and chocolate and even they didn't spike me.

at the moment im inclined to think its not diabetes related, make if easier if it was :)
I have a creeping suspicion you're not testing before a meal and 2 hours after the first bite, otherwise you wouldn't say you're in range (what do you consider to be in range?). Same with the coke and chocolate. Before I was diagnosed I was completely run down, so yeah, it could be the T2, but in case they haven't checked your tyroid, Vitamin D and such, request those too.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ <-- this'll let you know what else to ditch besides the bread. ;)

mouseee

I felt awful before diagnosis, exhausted and needing naps and early nights regularly.

Since I've controlled my eating, and therefore my bs, I feel a hundred times better. I have gone low carb and can tell when my carb intake is too high.

There's no way I could tolerate coke or chocolate without expecting a spike. Sometimes you can go high and then drop low again quite quickly, others would know more about this. I have the headache from hell then. Now I'm better managed I'm far less likely to get a drop.

aard

well i started a low carb diet and I ve never felt better full of energy and the constant tiredness is gone, literally after a few days.

The weird feeling is still there in mornings so im thinking thats not diabetes.

I dont understand the coke thing, I tested every two hours during the day and got no spikes from chocalate and coke!!! coke certainly spikes my bp considerably!