Type 1'stars R Us

D

Deleted member 308541

In my GP's office they keep it a secret when the mass flu shooting will take place. They expect you to either read the stupid local newspaper or phone them to ask.
At my GP's surgery the fluvax is available in the middle of April each year, so I try to get it around that time. They have sent me a text message if I have left it a bit late though.

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did my makeup a bit too dramatic tonight for work. As I was putting it on, I felt this sudden urge to slap some glitter on my eye lids. But my eye lids were poppin I will do it a bit more subtle tomorrow, but I loved the glitter. It was a shade of gold with green and pink flex to it.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning. Or is it good night?

Just rolled in from another night of R&R & not long stuck myself with Lantus nearly 3 hours late & probably 5 after it should have tailed off?

But lookie here.. I'm dropping. During a 2.5 hour non stop gig ending at midnight & twix lantus shots. No bolus on board.
It eventually seethed on a 4.3. Not treatment, just seing where it goes while the Lantus kicks in (taken at 1.45am.)
Unappreciated there is a delay with a Libre. Just looked again back up at 5.4.

I'm basically running on empty & have no idea. But more often than not, most my gig nights trend like this.
At least I know the coke served from draught was diet....

[
Screenshot_20191019-014252.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1 diabetes can not eat animal internal organs and fat, watermelon, grapes, bananas are easy to raise blood sugar. Be careful to avoid high cholesterol, high fat, high sugar foods. Usually take medicine every day for treatment, pay attention to drink plenty of water.

Animal internal organs? But I've been starting from the inside & working my way out for years.. Like Alien.
Grapes & 'nanas? Can't be right. They're "natural sugars." ;)

Oddly, I do have to be mindfull not to forget my shots & fresh socks.. :)

Welcome to the forum. Please tell us more? (& cheers for the heads up.)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning everyone and wishing you all a Happy Saturday.

I managed to speak to a DSN about 5pm and told her of the variable changes in my diabetes control, so, I changed another NovoRapid cartridge (I have done this before) and I was 6.4 before bed and I awoke on a 5.3, my BG did dip low in the night, so I feeling quite chuffed this morning :happy: yayyyyyy
Plus, no work this weekend either :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
You’re right there - our two seem to spend most the the day, and night, asleep. However they have just celebrated their 14th birthdays so can be forgiven.

Aawww :cat::cat: Pebbles is 10 now :wideyed: and Harley died 2 years ago in November, he was 18, bless him.

Reactions: Marie 2

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Great gig last night in Crickhowell, going again tonight to do it all over again :D

Bloods ok, woke on a sneaky 8.2 because I slept through an extra few hours. 10am instead of 5:30... thanks liver. Am delaying my flu jab until next week, mainly because I can’t be bothered to get dressed. I’ve never, ever had an allergic reaction to it, but knowing my luck, and with exams next week, I don’t want to risk feeling any less than my best.

Not much else to report, just studying. Have a good one, friends.

Last edited:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow pumpers and prickers, hope you are all doing well, ready for the weekend

Bloods have been good this week but i am about to ruin this over next few days

Off to stay in a wigwam in Northumerland tomorrow for 3 nights, so currently getting packed. Its amazing the amount of stuff I need to take when I go away. I will visit Lindisfarne as well as driving down to Craster/ Seahouses. Hoping to get a bit of birdwatching in as well as some photography, so a wee bit of walking also involved.

So, pump spares, insulin pens just in case, glucose tablets, full sugar cola, biscuits, sweets, glucose meter, spare test strips,Libre meter, plus all my walking gear, camera, binoculars, waterproofs, some food and drink

Thats one thing about type 1 each time we go away for a few days its like planning a military operation

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

A bit high again today at 12.1, I think it was the cheeky chinese. If anyone told me I couldn’t have bananas because “it’s bad for diabetes”, I will give them the world’s dirtest look. You can keep your animal organs but not the bananas. I feel like diabetes takes up so much time - I have 4 therapy appointments, 3 prepump appointments, 1 consultant appointment and 4 DAFNE sessions. My manager had to write all of that down because everything starts from early november to december.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just found out I had locked one of the cats in the spare room for a whole day. I profusely apologised while he attacked his food bowl like he hadn't eaten in a week. Sorry Maartje, didn't mean to lock you in.

Best friend is due to give birth in 10 days and I'm invited to the birth, very exciting! Getting really close now :)

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon everyone! Coffee shop for a peaceful hour before my night shift tonight. Been fighting off the lurgy for a couple of days so gave flu clinic a miss this morning. Pity as all the other walk in sessions this past week were while I was at work. Bloods have been a bit suspect due to lurgy...was up at 17.1 at one point yesterday.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lovehoney starts with an L. Thought I might have logged into some sort of adult industry quiz..? ;)

Images of discreet packaging.. o_O:D
Just checked out Lovehoney web site.
I have to say that some of their insulin pens seem a tad on the large size.:wideyed:

Reactions: porl69